Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 15 2010
By: hburg32 Uncharted Territory 1180 posts

A new ranked experience

3 replies 6 views Edited Nov 15, 2010

After i stopped playing for weeks i tried to come back on Saturday for some custom races. But for the first time in the last 2 years i couldn't find a room. All gone. Nobody there

So i was forced into some ranked racing and... it was fun! Lots of ppl still online in ranked. Some good, some bad. Of course ranked is a mess and can be an emotional rollercoaster but it's still fun. I have some old crappy stats with a winning ratio of about 30-40% but actually i'm able to win about 60% of the races (if theres no critter or other stars around). So i was working on increasing my ratio up to 50%.

And then i met dawg for some ranked racing together. At first i thought "Damn, no win for me anymore. My poor stats!"

And then i noticed that ranked racing isn't a serious thing for dawg... messin around in strange vehicles haha. Fun! Waiting for each other and do some slam-fighting on Badlands while other ppl racing lol. I neved did such things in ranked. The funny thing was, even with messin around we won about 70% of the races haha... But who cares about stats?

And now, the end is here. And so I face the final curtain. My friend, I'll say it clear. I'll state my case, of which I'm certain. I've lived a life that's full of love. I traveled each and ev'ry highway. And more. Much more than this, I did it my way
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2097 posts

Re: A new ranked experience

Nov 15, 2010

lol yeah man that was great fun. we can play some more tonight if ya want. maybe do some actual racing. see if i can take ya with the plugger on badlands.

EDIT: my win ratio is **bleep** too man! lol. I think when i last did ranked i was very aggressive and went for the fastest time no matter what. now i realize i can give most people 5 second leads and still take it lol.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1180 posts

Nov 15, 2010

Yeah really fun

On Badlands 3 laps Rigs you can give others 30 seconds lead lol.

If it's 3 laps in ranked it's often boring easy. The 1 lap races with a starting place at the back of the field are awfull. Kanaloa or Riptide... terrible!

And now, the end is here. And so I face the final curtain. My friend, I'll say it clear. I'll state my case, of which I'm certain. I've lived a life that's full of love. I traveled each and ev'ry highway. And more. Much more than this, I did it my way
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
742 posts

Nov 17, 2010

I like ranked with friends. Trying to finish 1st and 2nd (and 3rd, etc) together, still taking out dirty racers and cheaters.

Trackblockers usually wait at the finish line, or some other "better" spot. They sacrifice their stats (about which they don't care because it's a second account mostly) to ruin others races. That gives them satisfaction.

But you know what gives much more satisfaction? When you take out / trackblock dirty racers/exploiters/cheaters/etc AND STILL WIN! Or make a friend of you win that particular race, and end up 2nd or 3rd yourself. I found this out when racing with some random guy a while ago, I believe his name was Cirrus5005 or something? He was quite fast, too!

-----------------------------

Hal... : "Yeah he broke his wrist lolololol what an idiot! pmsl"
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (6 Views)
0 Likes