Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 23 2008
By: Cezza_4 Hekseville Citizen 334 posts

2 Trophy Questions

7 replies 9 views Edited Dec 23, 2008

Hey guys,

For those have have got these trophies, can you let me in on any hints or pointer on how to get them please.

Tumbler - Perform an impressive Barrel Roll.: I'v tried so many things to do an "impressive" barrel roll but nothing seems to be "impressive" enough. Does anyone know what makes a barrel roll impressive?

Close Call - Win a race by a margin of less than 0.1s: This one has been giving me the s**ts for a while now, iv been so close but out by a slightest of margins, is there an special way to stick to the guy as you cross the line or anything?

If anyone can help, that would be much appreciated.

•  

• Cheers guys. 
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (9 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5697 posts

Re: 2 Trophy Questions

Dec 23, 2008

1. Luck, i mean i got mine from pure simple luck. Not to mention my roll wasnt even a roll More like a flop :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

2. Ahhh luck again! But it depends what level of single player you have done. Once you get to level 7. Its pretty much EVERY win a 0.1 sec win :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

Cheers, Brrnout

PS MVPs: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Proud to be an MVP and serving our community since June 2010
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
334 posts

Dec 23, 2008

hahah thanks man.

for the roll, i'v some some rolls even i was impressed with, just waiting for the thing to pop up but nothing, so i try driving up curved walls etc but still nothing.

yeah, i'm just up to rank 7

it's fair hard but i know what you mean by close, its usually just a few milliseconds out and it gives me the **bleep**s so bad hahaha

thanks for the tips.

have a good one.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (9 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Dec 23, 2008

For the barrel roll, go to the top of Caldera Ridge. Make sure to crash on the way down and let the car tumble all the way down the mountain. Don't reset, let the game reset for you. You should have your trophy.

As for the close call, I say luck as well. As you progress in rank, the AI should take of this for you. (Hint: It gets pretty F'n tough later on in the Festival.)

Good Luck

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (9 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2004 posts

Dec 23, 2008

Does the close call work in free race?  I got it in the festival without going out of my way to get it, so Im not sure.   But Im thinking maybe if you make a 1 lap race and have only 1 competitor, give him something like a racing truck and then take a buggy and just shove your nose up his keyster as you cross the line that it should give you the trophy...   but that, of course, depends on whether you can get it in free play or not.

------------------------------------------------------------
@atpetedodd

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
500 posts

Dec 23, 2008

Yes it does.

How I did them:
“Tumbler": At the start of Caldera Ridge, take the route to the right and pull up parallel to the ridge. Drive off of the ridge at an angle so that your vehicle ‘barrel rolls'/’tumbles’ down the slope. Watch the beautiful crash sequence until the little Trophy icon appears at the top right hand side of your screen.

“Close Call”: I created a Free-Play race on Cascade Falls (easy, 11 opponents) and gave the rest of the pack a 20 second head-start. I then raced my best line (on my ATV) and caught up to the race leader as he crossed the line. I won by 0.04 seconds.
You can choose a different track and vehicle and increase/decrease your head-start accordingly to find a more comfortable/appropriate time to achieve this.
Alternatively, you can create a Free-Play race with one opponent and stay close enough to them all the way round to ‘pip them at the post’.
Alternatively, you could just keep racing until you earned this the hard way (in a genuine race, by chance).
It’s very much ‘trial and error’, but it’s certainly achievable (I’m on my third play through of the game and I’ve earned it in each of them, in the three different ways I’ve described above).

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (9 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1587 posts

Dec 23, 2008

I've done the Barrel Roll in Badlands with my ATV. At first, I though the driver is going to fall down and lose the race, but what I did'nt know is the my ATV had successfully performed a barrel roll and a Trophy pops-up, saying that I ahve earned a trophy.

I have also done the Close Call with my Big Rig in Razorback. Faced off against the Lunar-Tec Buffalo close to the finish, used the boost and have done it. A professional driver like me can earn trophies faster (not really). Just try harder.

photo metakraken_redbull_final_500_zps9ce1f6ed.png

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
334 posts

Dec 23, 2008

Phenom_Evolution wrote:

Yes it does.

How I did them:
“Tumbler": At the start of Caldera Ridge, take the route to the right and pull up parallel to the ridge. Drive off of the ridge at an angle so that your vehicle ‘barrel rolls'/’tumbles’ down the slope. Watch the beautiful crash sequence until the little Trophy icon appears at the top right hand side of your screen.

“Close Call”: I created a Free-Play race on Cascade Falls (easy, 11 opponents) and gave the rest of the pack a 20 second head-start. I then raced my best line (on my ATV) and caught up to the race leader as he crossed the line. I won by 0.04 seconds.
You can choose a different track and vehicle and increase/decrease your head-start accordingly to find a more comfortable/appropriate time to achieve this.
Alternatively, you can create a Free-Play race with one opponent and stay close enough to them all the way round to ‘pip them at the post’.
Alternatively, you could just keep racing until you earned this the hard way (in a genuine race, by chance).
It’s very much ‘trial and error’, but it’s certainly achievable (I’m on my third play through of the game and I’ve earned it in each of them, in the three different ways I’ve described above).

Cheers man.

I'll give a few of those methods a try and hope for the best.

Thanks to all who posted.  

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (9 Views)
0 Likes