Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 15 2010
By: Barabapapa Lombax Warrior 143 posts

help with top-grdplathorn

32 replies 135 views Edited Jan 15, 2010
i think i can get it from white monoblos. iam doing the double monoblos quest from the cat elder problem is its taking me to long  to break the white monoblos' horn. i have no problems with the normal monoblos the problem is i cant find a wall to impail the white monoblos. it stays in a few areas in the old desert where its to open (it stays in the two desert areas most of the time) anyone know a wall or rock to get him stuck.
Message Edited by Barabapapa on 01-15-2010 06:39 AM
Barabapapa
Message 1 of 33 (135 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1410 posts

Re: help with top-grdplathorn

Jan 15, 2010

Barabapapa wrote:
i think i can get it from white monoblos. iam doing the double monoblos quest from the cat elder problem is its taking me to along time to break the white monoblos' horn. i have no problems with the normal monoblos the problem is i cant find a wall to impail the white monoblos. it stays in a few areas in the old desert where its to open (it stays in the two desert areas most of the time) anyone know a wall or rock to get him stuck.
if i remember correctly, this is Kokoto Desert, if so then as soon as the quest starts head to area 10 (i think) there should always be a monoblos there at the start. This area has a ledge which will get the blos stuck. I'm afraid that its sort of a programmed thing where one monoblos will trend the mountainous areas including the large sandy areas, whilst the other will just stay in the sandy areas (INC 3) so if you kill the one in area 10 first, nice and quick, you should have plenty of time to spend on the 2nd blos.
in case im gettin old and forgetdful about the above then maybe you should use a few shock traps or flash bombs or sonic bombs and use a weapon that will deal heavy impact in an instant such as GS, hammer or Lance (my fav for blos) 

Message Edited by Roushy_the_God on 01-15-2010 06:41 AM
Photobucket
Message 2 of 33 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Jan 15, 2010
hmm i can kill both easy, but i find myself holding back and trying to break the whiteblos'horn before going allout and killing it. is there a wall around the desert areas it would make farming for topgrdplathorn alot easier.
Message Edited by Barabapapa on 01-15-2010 06:59 AM
Barabapapa
Message 3 of 33 (135 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1410 posts

Jan 15, 2010

there are 2 wall around each desert areas, and i have occassionaly seen them getting stuck in them but never intentionally, or if they have it would have been at a time when i would have got hit. 

getting the horn off is pretty easy with some standard supply items, flash bomb being the easiest if your having problems. wt weapon did you say ur using?

Photobucket
Message 4 of 33 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Jan 15, 2010
i was using true devil slicer, i find it the most efficient way to cut the tail. i tried using hammers but they just bounce  when i pound on the face.
Barabapapa
Message 5 of 33 (135 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1161 posts

Jan 15, 2010

flash bomb em and then just wail on his face. kirin thunder spear works great for this purpose.

however i nvr have problems breaking the horns of either mblos when im using my wailing cleaver....

shortdarksig
Message 6 of 33 (135 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1032 posts

Jan 16, 2010

if your worried about bouncing off his face use armor that has fencing or use a hunting horn and give yourself ESP with it. I however perfer to bow monoblos. put him to sleep, place Lrg barrel bomb+s by his face and fire a fully charged shot right at his face. that will put his horns close to breaking. the bow breaks his horns very easily.

Message Edited by GeistXIII on 01-16-2010 06:05 AM
Message 7 of 33 (135 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1004 posts

Jan 16, 2010

Are you playing MHFU? cuz bows are wayyy too weak in MHFU to any serious damage while in low rank.

Anyway, to get those horns, I usually flash, and pound away at his face with a hammer. It'll help to have esp if you can't get white or purple sharpness yet. 

Click my sig for my MH youtube vids :smileywink:
Message 8 of 33 (135 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1161 posts

Jan 17, 2010
he should be able to get white if he is going for top grade
shortdarksig
Message 9 of 33 (135 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1032 posts

Jan 21, 2010

shudmanul wrote:

Are you playing MHFU? cuz bows are wayyy too weak in MHFU to any serious damage while in low rank.

Anyway, to get those horns, I usually flash, and pound away at his face with a hammer. It'll help to have esp if you can't get white or purple sharpness yet. 

yeah i'm playing MHFU. go with the blue blade bow. not weak at all for a bow at low rank and when fully upgraded, that bow is amazing
Message 10 of 33 (135 Views)
0 Likes