Jun 02 2010
By: BEASTXJASON Uncharted Territory 1524 posts

Whats the difference in monster hunters??

6 replies 243 views Edited Jun 2, 2010

I own monster hunter freedom unite on psp and was wondering whats the difference between monster hunter freedom and monster hunter freedom 2. Do they warrant a purchase? Do they have new locals and monsters? Im beyond addicted to the series and am curious if they are different enough from freedom unite to spend the money on. Im not concerned about online play as nobody ever helps a hr1 when I get on adhoc via ps3 so thats not a major concern.

Message 1 of 7 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7744 posts

Re: Whats the difference in monster hunters??

Jun 2, 2010

Well, read this, it has all the new changes and other stuff.

Most noticable is the Data Install option, which drastically shortens loading times, although it doesn't say in the link.

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Freedom_Unite

"Can you see your end? Then death be yours!" ~ Brahms
Message 2 of 7 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1524 posts

Jun 2, 2010

So it appears Monster hunter and Monster Hunter Freedom and Unite are all the same quests and locations and monsters with Freedom Unite being the previous titles with exspansion so to speak and added extras?

Message 3 of 7 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7744 posts

Jun 2, 2010

BEASTXJASON wrote:

So it appears Monster hunter and Monster Hunter Freedom and Unite are all the same quests and locations and monsters with Freedom Unite being the previous titles with exspansion so to speak and added extras?

Well, MHFU is an expansion to MHF2.

All the others are different.

But MHFU is my first MH game, so I might be wrong about the other titles. If you want you can just seatch a bit in that site about the other titles.

"Can you see your end? Then death be yours!" ~ Brahms
Message 4 of 7 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1524 posts

Jun 2, 2010

Ya appears to be the same thing. Was looking for some new locals on my psp. The locals on tri has me craving more from my psp. Will have to wait for 3psp

This review stated it all http://psp.ign.com/articles/996/996782p1.html   Same games

Message 5 of 7 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4895 posts

Jun 2, 2010

Monster Hunter Freedom 1 = Monster Hunter G (ps2)

Pretty much the first Monster Hunter game 32 monsters, 5 weapon classes, and a few environments to hunt in.

Monster Hunter Freedom 2 = Monster Hunter 2 (ps2) (Japan Only)

Different town, more monsters, more weapon classes, different enviromnents.

Monster Hunter Unite = Monster Hunter Portable 2G (psp Japan)

Pretty much this is an expansion pack of  Monster Hunter Freedom 2. Same town/weapon classes/enviromnents, with the added bonus of more monsters/weapons/MHF1 environments/ felyne hunter cats.

Pretty much, if you have MHU, there really isn't a reason to get the previous MH titles, unless you want to start over and see what it was like without alot of the added perks. The games have gotten progressivly easier as they release more games, but that could be because I had already learned the monsters behaviors by the time the second game came out.

Message 6 of 7 (243 Views)
Fender Bender
3215 posts

Jun 3, 2010

if you own Unite there is NO REASON to play the others (unless you LOVE MH and want to experience it all... cant fault that)

there is almost no content in MHF and MHF2 that is not in MHFU... maybe 1-3 weapons from part 1 did not make it into part 2/Unite.  nothing you would ever notice or care about.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chavez The Monster Hunter
Message 7 of 7 (243 Views)
0 Likes