Jun 23 2011
By: Samuelc444 First Son 1 posts

Monster Hunter Going Infrastructure?

5 replies 408 views Edited Jun 23, 2011

We all would like any PSP version of Monster Hunter to get online play. I'm certain other gamers have mailed Sony and the producers of Monster Hunter about this multiple times, yet there has been no progress on the matter... So we think. It is possible that they are developing a Monster Hunter that has infrastructure without the use on Xlink Kai, or a PS3. It's also possible that they aren't. Maybe they want people to buy PS3's? Maybe they just don't care? All possibilites. I would like to start a discussion on the positives and negatives of Monster Hunter having online play.

Pros

1. I won't get raped when I fight simple bosses.

2. We will be able to enjoy the game with others around the world without using Xlink Kai, or a PS3.

3. Players who are stuck at certain parts of the game will blaze through them with teamwork.

4. There would be a LOT of sales for it. (I HOPE YOU'RE READING THIS, SONY)

Cons

1. I'd get carpal tunnel from playing this awesome game too much.

As you can see, the Pro list outnumbers the Cons. If people worry about the online keyboard, a good example of that is Phantasy Star Portable 2, which has infrastructure and the keyboard works just fine. For those who don't know, PSP2 (Phantasy Star Portable 2) is a futuristic action RPG, that is very much like Monster Hunter, besides the graphics being more anime-ish.

And this concludes the opening of a lot of my first discussion.

Game on, and game well,

Samuelc444.

Message 1 of 6 (408 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1032 posts

Re: Monster Hunter Going Infrastructure?

Jul 3, 2011

man, this has got to be the Umpteenth time i've answered this for someone.

MH games on the PSP dont have infastructure for 2 reasons.

reason 1 is the most obvious, theres not enough space on the UMD to support the game and everything required for online infastructure play.

reason 2, the games a tailor made for the japanese, no one else. because the japanese take their PSPs everywhere, and are prone to play with someone they never met before on a train or something, and because they dont have the million billion wifi hotspots we have here, adhoc is more exceptable. there are cafes in japan that cater to MH. you walk in, order a coffee or something, sit down and start playing MH with some of the x amount of people in the cafe. Online play isn't a massive nessecity to the japanese as it is to those of us here.

dont worry though, with the upcoming release of the vita, you may see a portable MH with infastructure play. Also, sony has nothing to do with this game having online support. its all on capcom's end.

Message 2 of 6 (408 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12546 posts

Jul 3, 2011

GeistXIII wrote:

man, this has got to be the Umpteenth time i've answered this for someone.

MH games on the PSP dont have infastructure for 2 reasons.

reason 1 is the most obvious, theres not enough space on the UMD to support the game and everything required for online infastructure play.

reason 2, the games a tailor made for the japanese, no one else. because the japanese take their PSPs everywhere, and are prone to play with someone they never met before on a train or something, and because they dont have the million billion wifi hotspots we have here, adhoc is more exceptable. there are cafes in japan that cater to MH. you walk in, order a coffee or something, sit down and start playing MH with some of the x amount of people in the cafe. Online play isn't a massive nessecity to the japanese as it is to those of us here.

dont worry though, with the upcoming release of the vita, you may see a portable MH with infastructure play. Also, sony has nothing to do with this game having online support. its all on capcom's end.

That's so true.

Look at the 3DS' streetpass. Walk around town with one, you might get ONE hit.

Land in Japan's airport, I bet 50 people will be added.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 6 (408 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1032 posts

Jul 3, 2011

streetpass and friend codes are so lame. nintendo really needs to catch up to everyone else's standards.

Message 4 of 6 (408 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2134 posts

Jul 24, 2011

I've gotten at least 100 something streetpass tags. I also happen to work at GameStop but that's besides the point.

I'd love to see Infrastructure in MH. It's my one annoyance with the game on PSP. If they do the next MH for Vita WITH Infrastructure definitely gonna have to pick up that and a Vita. That's one of those games that would definitely be worth buying a Vita for.

Message 5 of 6 (408 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1032 posts

Jul 26, 2011

poisonedsodapop wrote:

I also happen to work at GameStop

i'm sorry about that.

Message 6 of 6 (408 Views)
0 Likes