Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
762 posts

Re: I got some good news and some bad news 'bout MH2..........

Jun 22, 2005

,Ziii wrote:
 and supposedly monster hunter portable will be able to (link) to monster hunter 2 and like upload your char from mhp to mh2 but thats just what ive heard and most of it sounds like a direction capcom is heading.

this is complete crap... this is just a rumor that workers at gamespot spread so people but their stuff. i personaly know a Gamestop worker and he told me this.

and even if it was true, who would want to buy a 200 dollar transfer device???
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 11 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15329 posts

Jun 23, 2005

,mr grimm wrote:

dear god i hope! you know they wont continue a ps2 server once the ps3 is released. I'd love for MH to be a PS3 launch release, thats one of my deciding factors on if i get the new ps or xbox first. god i hope for voice comms too!!!!!!!

The game servers won't be disconnected, since the PS3 will be totally backward compatible.  It's not the type of console that matters, it's the ip address that the disc "dials up" when you want to go online.  They wouldn't have to close the server down, just because the PS2 will be obsolete.  I just hope that they won't push back the PS3 MH just to make a PS2 version of MH2.
Message 12 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jun 25, 2005
Sony has said they plan to continue to support the PS2 for another 5,years, they aren't going to drop it the second PS3 somes out.
,Also, everything I've read has stated that MH2 is a PS2 game, not,PS3.  As far as I'm concerned this is a great thing. Instead of,having to work with an entirely new system, and possibly recreating the,mess (a promising mess, but nonetheless) from the first game, in,addition to a drastically later release date, they will be improving on,the old game and it will get to us much sooner. AND, you won't have to,pay an extra 400 just to get ahold of it, then to deal with early,system bugs and problems with the server's first run. It's a no-brainer,as far as I'm concerned. MH2 will hopefully be everything MH was and,most of what it wasn't, and once they actually do make it at least,close to as good as it could be, the PS3 version can actually start to,utilize the new hardware to improve upon an already great game.
Message 13 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 25, 2005
Well I'm sure glad to hear that
I wanted MH2 to be on PS2 so bad. Any things that you guys might kno about MH2 that are s'posed to be really cool that MH doesnt have?
HR:14
online usename: shade17
Message 14 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes