Mar 27 2010
By: Stovy50 Uncharted Territory 1431 posts

Why can't the first ps2 games be revamped like GOW have beeen ?

12 replies 16 views Edited Mar 27, 2010
GOW series already done this to play on the ps3 so why can't MGS first 3 games do it now ? I mean it would look so much nicer to re amp the first three games . Upgrade the graphics to BD and controls . Re sell the games for like 40 bucks each . That way us slim users could play them instead of just enjoying the cut scenes via download . Lets R done !!
Message 1 of 13 (16 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8703 posts

Re: Why can't the first ps2 games be revamped like GOW have beeen ?

Mar 27, 2010

Because God Of War is worth buying again.

Take back the future
Message 2 of 13 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

Mar 27, 2010
And the MSG series 1-3 would not be ? I bed the deffer . It much more of a series then GOW IMO . So much enjoyable . IF they upgraded all 3 games like I said it would be so much more fun to play threw again on the blu ray graphics and new game controls .
Message 3 of 13 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8703 posts

Mar 27, 2010

Stovy50 wrote:
And the MSG series 1-3 would not be ? I bed the deffer . It much more of a series then GOW IMO . So much enjoyable . IF they upgraded all 3 games like I said it would be so much more fun to play threw again on the blu ray graphics and new game controls .

They have re-released MGS1-3 so many times now, it isn't worth buying anymore.

God Of War on the otherhand, hasn't been **bleep**d out at all.

And even the God Of War collection didn't "remake" the graphics, they upscaled them. That is pretty much it. I personally think MGS1-3 would look terrible upscaled(Especially considering MGS1 was entirely polygonal). Of course it would be nice playing MGS3 in something other than three frames per-second.

Take back the future
Message 4 of 13 (16 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41871 posts

Mar 27, 2010

Stovy50 wrote:

God Of War got an increase in resolution, etc., had Trophies added, and ultimately, became playable on PS3, even for non BC owning PS3 owners.  They didn't change the controls, and fiddle around with other stuff like you're asking.  In fact, what it sounds like you're asking for is a 'Remake' ($40 each?), not a rerelease.  Konami already went down that avenue pre-MGS4 when they released the Essential Collection.  Would kind of be redundant at this point for them and I highly doubt they'd allocate people to even 'remake' the games (MGS1 was remade last gen already and is available on the PSN).

As for 'controls', what are you proposing?  OTS like MGS4?  NSmiley Indifferent  Leave the previous 3 as they were in that department.

Message 5 of 13 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7393 posts

Mar 27, 2010

As Ryan said, we don't need more re-releases of games. Take MGS3 for example. We have Snake Eater, Subsistence, and the Subsistence limited edition. MGS1 has the original PS1 version, Integral, TTS (**bleep**ty or not, it's still a remake.) and I think there's one more that I can't remember. Just re-releasing them for graphics wouldn't be worth it at all.

Message 6 of 13 (16 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Mar 27, 2010

MGS1 got a remake for Gamecube. :/

I'm not much of a talker, am I?

It would be interesting if MGS2 & 3 did get a remake, but I highly doubt it'll happen.

Message 7 of 13 (16 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41871 posts

Mar 27, 2010

SergeantVincent wrote:

As Ryan said, we don't need more re-releases of games. Take MGS3 for example. We have Snake Eater, Subsistence, and the Subsistence limited edition. MGS1 has the original PS1 version, Integral, TTS (**bleep**ty or not, it's still a remake.) and I think there's one more that I can't remember. Just re-releasing them for graphics wouldn't be worth it at all.

PS1/PC version, Integral, TTS, Essential Collections, PSN (PS3/PSP) for MGS1.  It's been released *ENOUGH*.  Konami obviously isn't going to put people on it and I know Kojima isn't going to spare his own people for a remake (they didn't even handle TTS themselves).

Message 8 of 13 (16 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41871 posts

Mar 27, 2010

awinrarisyou wrote:

MGS1 got a remake for Gamecube. :/

I'm not much of a talker, am I?

It would be interesting if MGS2 & 3 did get a remake, but I highly doubt it'll happen.

Having played MGS2 and MGS3 prior to MGS4's release and I believe after, both hold up well enough for being PS2 games graphically.  In fact, the 'non-texture' style of that era works well with the look of the games.  Would I like to see a MGS title with a lush jungle forest (like MGS3 or PW) on PS3 hardware?  Yes, but I don't think the resources should be diverted to such (much like all this FFVII Remake talk).

Message 9 of 13 (16 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1051 posts

Mar 27, 2010

I think there is a statute of limitations on how many times Konami can line its pockets with the same games...

Have not been around much, these "new" forums have sucked the life out of me!

Message 10 of 13 (16 Views)
0 Likes