Uncharted Territory
2009 posts

Re: ThreeA Toys Realising 1/48-scale Metal Gear Rex

May 20, 2012

SergeantVincent wrote:

HOLY ****! LEDs!

*gets $500 from wallet*

Yeah, no, sorry.

To anyone who actually wastes money on that, please take your Gray Fox figure and smash him against a wall with REX's head.

lol if my Gray Fox figure was in the correct scale, I'd probably do it.

REX is a high-end collectible, produced in limited numbers, with a fairly expensive price. Something like this wasn't intended for everyone to have.

Peace amongst men living alongside one another is not a natural state. On the contrary, the natural state of man is that of war. War manifested not only by open hostilities, but also by the open threat of hostility. Peace, therefore, is a state that must be established by law.
--Immanuel Kant
Message 21 of 46 (608 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3839 posts

Jan 9, 2013

Bump!

rex big toy.jpg

So it finally got shipped... Who's is actually getting it?

http://kotaku.com/5974363/the-biggest-and-most-badass-video-game-toy-of-all-time-is-finished

Warning! BIg Images coming here!

sd

fd

fdd

fdw

ddddd

Loved the third pic. AND LOOK AT IT IN FULL STAND OMG. I wish I had $500 from nowhere to spend on this :smileysad:

photo Big-Boss-and-DD-Banner_zpsadb52d17.jpg
Message 22 of 46 (567 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
32721 posts

Jan 9, 2013

id buy it if i had the space for it. the thing is just so big it wouldnt fit anywhere nicely in my house. :smileyvery-happy:

plus im sure S&H for the thing costs a lot too.

i actually might buy the RAY when its released. i remember back at a MGS art showing not to long ago ThreeA had a big prototype of it next to the REX. hope the RAY has red LEDs on it, that would look awesome.

Message 23 of 46 (563 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2009 posts

Jan 16, 2013

I have a retail version of REX that's shipping to me around March. I'll post a review when I get it in hand. RAY looks spectacular from the prototype pics. However, the one major problem with it, is that ThreeA has opted for the tail-less MGS 4 "Outer Haven" version of RAY instead of the Marines version from MGS 2 (that's the version of RAY that has a tail). They've also included a pretty ugly crotch stand to balance the RAY model.

I'm definitley going to get this too, since this will most likely be the only time that we'll see any of the Metal Gear mechs in a scale this large.

RAY 

RAY

Peace amongst men living alongside one another is not a natural state. On the contrary, the natural state of man is that of war. War manifested not only by open hostilities, but also by the open threat of hostility. Peace, therefore, is a state that must be established by law.
--Immanuel Kant
Message 24 of 46 (548 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2009 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 16, 2013

Seriously though, am I the only person on the forum who is getting REX? :smileysurprised:

I remember that there was a lot of interest for it in the original ThreeA Metal Gear REX thread that I created several years ago:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Metal-Gear-Solid-Series/3A-Metal-Gear-Rex-Figure-56kb-warning...

--Immanuel Kant
Message 25 of 46 (547 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3839 posts

Jan 16, 2013

blade7117 wrote:

Seriously though, am I the only person on the forum who is getting REX? :smileysurprised:

I remember that there was a lot of interest for it in the original ThreeA Metal Gear REX thread that I created several years ago:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Metal-Gear-Solid-Series/3A-Metal-Gear-Rex-Figure-56kb-warning...

Actually, you are the only one who has the extra money to spend on it XD.

Anyway, when you get it, would you please get some pictures of it standing next to comparable stuff? Like for example, the PS3?

The only good picture to compare I've seen was the one where Shinkawa was holding it like a puppy :smileyvery-happy:

photo Big-Boss-and-DD-Banner_zpsadb52d17.jpg
Message 26 of 46 (540 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2009 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 16, 2013

I'll be sure to post some pics when it arrives. From what I read in a few reviews, REX is enormous - around 16 inches in a sitting position, and up to 24 inches if you can get it to stand upright. I would guess that it should be considerably more massive than an old generation PS3 lol.

--Immanuel Kant
Message 27 of 46 (535 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
32721 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 16, 2013

blade7117 wrote:

I have a retail version of REX that's shipping to me around March. I'll post a review when I get it in hand. RAY looks spectacular from the prototype pics. However, the one major problem with it, is that ThreeA has opted for the tail-less MGS 4 "Outer Haven" version of RAY instead of the Marines version from MGS 2 (that's the version of RAY that has a tail). They've also included a pretty ugly crotch stand to balance the RAY model.

I'm definitley going to get this too, since this will most likely be the only time that we'll see any of the Metal Gear mechs in a scale this large.

well the REX figure is the MGS4 version, so it only makes sense that the RAY would be the MGS4 version also.

would be cool if they included a removable tail though. having the tail would allow it to stand on its own without the clear crotch stand.

and yeah, youre the only one here getting the REX. no one wants to spend half a grand on a figure, well, no one here has half a grand to spend on a figure. :smileyvery-happy:

Message 28 of 46 (527 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2009 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2013

Well, it's not like I had loads of money lying around just to blow in an instant :smileyvery-happy:. I was on a flex payment plan with Sideshow Collectibles for several months and I was able to pay off the figure in small monthly installments. I should have it by early February or by March the latest. I know that several people from the ThreeA forum have already received their REX models...

Are any of you guys getting the Hot Toys figures, by the way?

Edit: Just wanted to mention, great sig, the_original_se. That picture of The Boss looks incredible.

--Immanuel Kant
Message 29 of 46 (515 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
32721 posts

Jan 17, 2013

im going to get RAY when it comes out. ive always liked RAY better than REX in terms of design.

plus im curious to see what they do with the finished model, if it will have the low gloss hexagon finish on parts, and if it has red LEDs.

and nope im not getting the Hot Toys figures. they are based off of the MGS3DS game, and both The Boss and Big Boss look too old in that version than they did in the original MGS3.

and thanks. my sig actually switches between The Boss and Big Boss randomly upon page views. so if you refresh a few times it will probably switch.

Message 30 of 46 (501 Views)
0 Likes