Caseh wrote:

gr4yf0xn1nj4 wrote:

RUBB1SH wrote:

ArenaMech wrote:

MirThps wrote:

Takoulya wrote:

MirThps wrote:

Dr_Napkins wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFT33WaaYPs&annotation_id=annotation_339834&feature=iv

watch this video it explains it all.

Very very very old, and MGO doesn't even lag as much as people complain its mostly people with horrible internet connections.

In the video, all the players were at full connection.

I speak of those who..

1. Play MGO while someone's on their PC/Laptop

2. Are not from NA 

3. Use Lagswitches

Thats the problem, Why should my brother have to get off his laptop when I want to play MGO? GTAIV doesn't lag or disconnect me whenever I play online while somebody is using the computer so why does MGO? I blame it on the konami servers.

Message Edited by ArenaMech on 11-15-2009 01:30 PM

please don't lol

their servers have little to do with you while you are in-game (unless you are talking about survival--which is hosted by (poorly managed IMO) Konami servers)

this game just has a little higher bandwidth requirements than others, apparently.

from what i have seen, it uses about 400Kbps upload and 300Kbps download, *while hosting a game with 14 people  in it

there are ways to limit the bandwidth used by your brother on the laptop (ex: netlimiter)

I agree with Arena on this topic....

Its Konami's faullt......his brother shouldnt have to get off the computer so he can enjoy a lag free game of MGO

I get this and it's true.....but what i dont get is why they would require one to have such a high bandwidth to host/play.......knowing that not every "Broadband" connection has that speed

And I'm pretty sure that not everyone here has that speed yet most of you can host...

That's like having a race for people who run 10mph......and let some1 who run 3mph enter.....it just doesnt work.....(dont pick on my poor analogy)

He/we shouldnt have to do this.....

We shouldnt have to limit the connection on our CPUs to play MGO......

Shouldn't have to limit your connections while playing MGO?

Try and use some common sense here:

-You have broadband, ADSL/Cable whatever. For purpose of an example, We will say 5mb connection (approx 5256kbps data transfer down, upload of say 756kbps)

Now lets say someone is downloading on your connection as listed above, at 5000kbps...this leaves your broadband with approx 200-300kbps spare to play with. Now if MGO needs 400kbps to run smooth looking at what has just been written above, can you see the problem....?

On top of this, MGO like ANY OTHER online game will require upload of data as well. ADSL isnt full duplex, its half. Basically, this means if MGO wants that entire 756k upload, it is taken AWAY from your maximum download speed. So your maximum download speed in reality at that time is 4500kbps. If you have SDL or any other full duplex/dedicated line this wouldn't be relevant to you.

Starting to understand why someone can't use your broadband connection while you play a game that requires a STEADY and CONSTANT stream of data to perform effectively yet?

Making references to "this game or that game doesnt" do it is irrelevant, different netcode, different ways of dealing with breaks in streamed data. Just because it doesn't look lagged doesn't mean it isn't.

I shouldn't have to limit my connection to play

Man you didn't have to go there.....<(-.-)> 

No, all you did was post speeds and do math. Internet connections don't work that way.

When one person is on a computer or downloading, the speed is shared equally. One CPU doesn't get 5mb while the other gets 200kb......

This i know....I am one of those people with family members who use the PC while I play. And I'm possitive that when I look at the speeds they get divided equally.....

Wasn't me

Also did you read my post...I think I stated that having those HIGH REQUIREMENTS and then LETTING SOMEONE WITH LOWER SPECS PLAY OR HOST won't work.....

Message Edited by gr4yf0xn1nj4 on 11-17-2009 02:53 PM

Wasn't aimed at you directly, had to reply to your post to get the entire conversation above.

You're right to some extent, if two people are downloading they tend to get an equal share of the bandwidth available its like load balancing i guess. Playing a game that requires a steady stream of data is different though. For a download, your internet connection is pushing for all the available bandwidth it can take and it will fluctuate. So if I decide to play MGO while a download is going on how could my internet connection possibly know I need 400kbps of that bandwidth at all times unless its been told to reserve it.

Fair comment, if a host doesn't have the connection to begin with then it wont work. You can't really stop someone who has a low connection hosting though, may not be able to host a 16 player game but they could probably host smaller games without an issue.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Looking forwards to a PS3 price cut...what makes you think anyone who owns a PS3 really cares? If the price of the PS3 really bothered those of us who own a PS3, then we would have an XBOX.
Message 21 of 23 (18 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1215 posts

Re: The Real Reason Behind The Lag

Nov 18, 2009

True True Caseh

Didnt want to quote. Conversation's way too long

MGO - Gr4yf0xninja
Level - 14/15
PSN Siggy
Message 22 of 23 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
382 posts

Re: The Real Reason Behind The Lag

Nov 19, 2009

Caseh wrote:

gr4yf0xn1nj4 wrote:

Caseh wrote:

gr4yf0xn1nj4 wrote:

RUBB1SH wrote:

ArenaMech wrote:

MirThps wrote:

Takoulya wrote:

MirThps wrote:

Dr_Napkins wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFT33WaaYPs&annotation_id=annotation_339834&feature=iv

watch this video it explains it all.

Very very very old, and MGO doesn't even lag as much as people complain its mostly people with horrible internet connections.

In the video, all the players were at full connection.

I speak of those who..

1. Play MGO while someone's on their PC/Laptop

2. Are not from NA 

3. Use Lagswitches

Thats the problem, Why should my brother have to get off his laptop when I want to play MGO? GTAIV doesn't lag or disconnect me whenever I play online while somebody is using the computer so why does MGO? I blame it on the konami servers.

Message Edited by ArenaMech on 11-15-2009 01:30 PM

please don't lol

their servers have little to do with you while you are in-game (unless you are talking about survival--which is hosted by (poorly managed IMO) Konami servers)

this game just has a little higher bandwidth requirements than others, apparently.

from what i have seen, it uses about 400Kbps upload and 300Kbps download, *while hosting a game with 14 people  in it

there are ways to limit the bandwidth used by your brother on the laptop (ex: netlimiter)

I agree with Arena on this topic....

Its Konami's faullt......his brother shouldnt have to get off the computer so he can enjoy a lag free game of MGO

I get this and it's true.....but what i dont get is why they would require one to have such a high bandwidth to host/play.......knowing that not every "Broadband" connection has that speed

And I'm pretty sure that not everyone here has that speed yet most of you can host...

That's like having a race for people who run 10mph......and let some1 who run 3mph enter.....it just doesnt work.....(dont pick on my poor analogy)

He/we shouldnt have to do this.....

We shouldnt have to limit the connection on our CPUs to play MGO......

Shouldn't have to limit your connections while playing MGO?

Try and use some common sense here:

-You have broadband, ADSL/Cable whatever. For purpose of an example, We will say 5mb connection (approx 5256kbps data transfer down, upload of say 756kbps)

Now lets say someone is downloading on your connection as listed above, at 5000kbps...this leaves your broadband with approx 200-300kbps spare to play with. Now if MGO needs 400kbps to run smooth looking at what has just been written above, can you see the problem....?

On top of this, MGO like ANY OTHER online game will require upload of data as well. ADSL isnt full duplex, its half. Basically, this means if MGO wants that entire 756k upload, it is taken AWAY from your maximum download speed. So your maximum download speed in reality at that time is 4500kbps. If you have SDL or any other full duplex/dedicated line this wouldn't be relevant to you.

Starting to understand why someone can't use your broadband connection while you play a game that requires a STEADY and CONSTANT stream of data to perform effectively yet?

Making references to "this game or that game doesnt" do it is irrelevant, different netcode, different ways of dealing with breaks in streamed data. Just because it doesn't look lagged doesn't mean it isn't.

I shouldn't have to limit my connection to play

Man you didn't have to go there.....<(-.-)> 

No, all you did was post speeds and do math. Internet connections don't work that way.

When one person is on a computer or downloading, the speed is shared equally. One CPU doesn't get 5mb while the other gets 200kb......

This i know....I am one of those people with family members who use the PC while I play. And I'm possitive that when I look at the speeds they get divided equally.....

Wasn't me

Also did you read my post...I think I stated that having those HIGH REQUIREMENTS and then LETTING SOMEONE WITH LOWER SPECS PLAY OR HOST won't work.....

Message Edited by gr4yf0xn1nj4 on 11-17-2009 02:53 PM

Wasn't aimed at you directly, had to reply to your post to get the entire conversation above.

You're right to some extent, if two people are downloading they tend to get an equal share of the bandwidth available its like load balancing i guess. Playing a game that requires a steady stream of data is different though. For a download, your internet connection is pushing for all the available bandwidth it can take and it will fluctuate. So if I decide to play MGO while a download is going on how could my internet connection possibly know I need 400kbps of that bandwidth at all times unless its been told to reserve it.

Fair comment, if a host doesn't have the connection to begin with then it wont work. You can't really stop someone who has a low connection hosting though, may not be able to host a 16 player game but they could probably host smaller games without an issue.

What's with all the quoting and fruity colors?

Oh and this isn't an MGO issue, it's a you live in France issue.

It's true though that bodies teleport after getting hit with grenade. In that case I say disable them or don't use them.

Message 23 of 23 (18 Views)
0 Likes