Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
32447 posts

Re: The Phantom Pain is most definitely related to Metal Gear Solid, but how?

[ Edited ]
Dec 10, 2012

Crimson_Ryan wrote:

KojiPro built a studio in California a couple of months ago.

COULD THIS BE THE RESULT? COULD THIS BE... METAL GEAR SOLID 5? Yes. Yes it is. But how?

what if Ground Zeroes and MGS5/Phantom Pain are one in the same?

what if Ground Zeroes is indeed a prequel to MGSV, but just not in the way we think.

what if Ground Zeroes is a prequel to MGSV just as the Tanker Chapter was a prequel to MGS2 or as Operation Virtuous Mission was a prequel to MGS3.

but really, doesnt it seem odd that Kojima would advertise 2 MGS games at the same time, even more so that one is a prequel to the other? thats like going to a movie and seeing a trailer for one movie and then after it a trailer for the sequel.

it just doesnt sit right with me. :smileyfrustrated:

Message 31 of 122 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3819 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 10, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

breaking news: game journalists talked to Jaokim Mogren and his family via their Facebook pages

http://www.p4rgaming.com/?p=660

Hope Kojima doesn't get sued over falsing identity by them.

EDIT:

https://www.facebook.com/mobydickstudios?fref=ts

https://twitter.com/JNmogren

Doesn't look like Kojima to me. Case closed.

photo Big-Boss-and-DD-Banner_zpsadb52d17.jpg
Message 32 of 122 (348 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7393 posts

Dec 10, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

SergeantVincent wrote:

White flower pedals fall from the sky at 25 seconds.

We Boss now.

inb4 MGS5: Ground Zeros.

That bold is not MGS5, Ground Zeroes is a prequel to MGS5: The Phantom Pain.  Hideo already said that Ground Zeroes isn't MGS5.

Not that I don't believe a non-regular member here, buuuuut...

I'm gonna need a souce on everything you just said there chief.

Kojima also said he was done with MGS in 2001. ELEVEN YEARS LATER...

Reference what SE said above. Why would you advertise 2 games at the same time? What does Kojima think he's part of, Activision?

Message 33 of 122 (341 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
32447 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 10, 2012

WillyMGS wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

breaking news: game journalists talked to Jaokim Mogren and his family via their Facebook pages

http://www.p4rgaming.com/?p=660

Hope Kojima doesn't get sued over falsing identity by them.

EDIT:

https://www.facebook.com/mobydickstudios?fref=ts

https://twitter.com/JNmogren

Doesn't look like Kojima to me. Case closed.

there was a Wiki page earlier of Jaokim Mogren that was freaking hilarious. the darn Wiki people were constantly trying to delete it because it was all BS. :smileyvery-happy:

the page is still there but its all butchered up by the Wiki mods.

im amused to see how fast that image of him has spread also. :smileyvery-happy:

Message 34 of 122 (335 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 10, 2012

Official screens released:

PP4

PP5

PP1

PP2

PP3

More at Gematsu.

Obviously a stretch by them and others but:

Interestingly, the screenshots’ dimensions are 960×540. The PS Vita display is 960×544. This would support the belief that the “V” in “Metal Gear Solid V” stands for “Vita,” as the Metal Gear Solid series typically numbers its games with numerals. But that’s just speculation.

EDIT: Site pretty much shoots that down (EDIT2: That's me also ignoring the obvious PS3 & 360 logos on the bottom of the site :smileyvery-happy: ):

"All footage is shown running in real-time on hardware equivalent to current generation consoles (PS3 & XBOX360)."

Kojima has used this line before with GZ.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Message 35 of 122 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Dec 10, 2012

I'm leaning toward the possibility that the reason they made a switch to Roman numerals is because there will be a character, organization, etc, named "V". At the very end of the trailer there is a female voice that says, "V has come to---" then gets cut off. Listen at 2:55:

Message 36 of 122 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8179 posts

Dec 10, 2012

ALARM-cIock wrote:

I'm leaning toward the possibility that the reason they made a switch to Roman numerals is because there will be a character, organization, etc, named "V". At the very end of the trailer there is a female voice that says, "V has come to---" then gets cut off. Listen at 2:55:

"He has come to." as in "He has woken up." It is probably just before he wakes up at the start of the trailer.

From the HD version of the trailer you can clearly see that the fire guy is Volgin. There is also someone on the Fire Unicorn, hard to tell who it is but looks like it could be a messed up version of The Boss.

The bandaged face guy sounds just like Kiefer Sutherland, would be awesome if it actually is him. In fact I am convinced it is him. I guess he isn't the guy with the messed up face from the Ground Zeroes trailer, you can see his face is fine under the bandages. :smileymad:

Message 37 of 122 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Dec 10, 2012

You guys are missing one of the most significant details in this trailer...!

lulz.jpg

This guy's butt crack is totally showing.

:smileytongue:

Message 38 of 122 (305 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
32447 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 10, 2012

VR_F0X wrote:

ALARM-cIock wrote:

"He has come to." as in "He has woken up." It is probably just before he wakes up at the start of the trailer.

From the HD version of the trailer you can clearly see that the fire guy is Volgin. There is also someone on the Fire Unicorn, hard to tell who it is but looks like it could be a messed up version of The Boss.

The bandaged face guy sounds just like Kiefer Sutherland, would be awesome if it actually is him. In fact I am convinced it is him. I guess he isn't the guy with the messed up face from the Ground Zeroes trailer, you can see his face is fine under the bandages. :smileymad:

im not sure why people thought the voice said "V has come", i thought it was obvious that it was "he has come to" even more so considering the whole coma/am i dreaming/WAKE UP stuff in the trailer.

also, curses to them for only releasing these small resolution screens. if they were normal sized we could see details like words on the map next to the flag, the newspaper clipping on the bulletin board or words on the Marv guys ID.

and in the screens theres one of Big Boss at a row of red seats thats not in the trailer. wonder if the painting on the wall has any meaning to it.

also, i cant believe no one has mentioned the hexagon tiles on the floor. not only are hexagons used a lot in MGS, in this instance, upclose, they resemble snake skin also.

Message 39 of 122 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 10, 2012

Ah, I didn't take the heavy accent into account. Still... something seems off about her tone.

Message 40 of 122 (288 Views)
0 Likes