PlayStation MVP
41871 posts

Re: The Phantom Pain is most definitely related to Metal Gear Solid, but how?

Dec 9, 2012
Posted that in the other thread already (my mistake). People on GAF were saying it's an actual Swedish name but given the game and all the clues, it's too much of a coincidence.

Message 21 of 122 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
479 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 9, 2012

Oh you did. Well I'm totally not buying the Sweedish name thing.

It's Kojimas style to drive fans into a frenzy by leaving subtle hints here and there. Someting tells me the discussions from here on out are going to get as crazy as they were in 2006-2008, while MGS4's hype was at it's peak. Smiley Happy

EDIT:

“There are people in the VIP section of the Konami party wearing Phantom Pain/Moby **bleep** Studios t-shirts, they don’t look Swedish”.

-Kyle Cooper, a title sequence designer who worked on MGS 2 and 3

Smiley LOL

Message 22 of 122 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8703 posts

Dec 9, 2012

For all of you looking for more information, here's a good collection of the evidence right now.

EVIDENCE

Take back the future
Message 23 of 122 (260 Views)
Fender Bender
3877 posts

Dec 9, 2012

Crimson_Ryan wrote:

For all of you looking for more information, here's a good collection of the evidence right now.

EVIDENCE

I read about the mini-Mantis somewhere but I didn't know where it happened. Now I see it, and it makes real sense, also a reference to the MGS1 elevator scene. "Was that an hallucination?"

Anyway, we are all onboard the MGS: Phantom Pain wagon, so now the job is how to connect it to the MGS timeline...

Anyway... THE BIG FRIGGING WHITE WHALE!!

photo Big-Boss-and-DD-Banner_zpsadb52d17.jpg
Message 24 of 122 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
549 posts

Dec 9, 2012
All rigt guys, I'm all for this being MGS5, but somebody has to be a skeptic. I mean, These could all be crazy coincidences. When first viewing the trailer, for a brief second I thoguht it could be related to ground zeroes or something at the beginning but as it went on I can't say I noticed the other evidence, especially after the crazy flaming ghost whale. Plus, phantom limb pain is an actual thing so I assumed it was a reference to the protagonist's missing arm and the crazy happenings around him. Also, no "snake" is missing their left armso their is reason to be a little skeptical.

But I admit that all these coincidences are unlikley and the evidence is there. Especially the protagonist's appearance and the flaming dude looking like volgin in some shots (Boo on this, cuz I don't want Volgin to be the guy in the GZ trailer). But what really rules out any doubt for me is the fact that Kojima was at the VGAs. He usually only comes to American events if he is announcing something or being recognized for something. But he wasn't recognized for anything (other than a slight mention of MG 25th anniversary) nor were any of his games nominated for an award. So I find it odd for him to be there. All this to say, if it is MGS5 I'm all for it.
Message 25 of 122 (243 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
34051 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 9, 2012

WillyMGS wrote:

Crimson_Ryan wrote:

EVIDENCE

I read about the mini-Mantis somewhere but I didn't know where it happened. Now I see it, and it makes real sense, also a reference to the MGS1 elevator scene. "Was that an hallucination?"

Anyway, we are all onboard the MGS: Phantom Pain wagon, so now the job is how to connect it to the MGS timeline...

Anyway... THE BIG FRIGGING WHITE WHALE!!

i forgot to mention that in my post earlier. the little dude in the elevator and then again floating near the soldiers towards the end.

im still leaning towards most of what we see is all PTSD hallucinations Big Boss is having.

fe4ft5rhyhr54tg4e.jpg

Message 26 of 122 (248 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
34051 posts

Dec 9, 2012

VR_F0X wrote:

It would be interesting if this turns out to be Big Boss going crazy, like him turning into what he was in Metal Gear 1 and 2. Just through out the game you would get these "hallucinations" of past, and maybe even future enemies (just for the fan service), and events but they are messed up and crazy looking. Smiley Mad

that would be neat. reminds me of the last Walking Dead ep where Rick hallucinated seeing Shane with a shotgun walking towards him but it was actually just some dude with a shotgun,

and foreshadowing would be neat. it may be fan service, but if done right its cool. like in MGS3 during The Sorrow fight where he says "you'll be killed by your sons" or in PO where Eliza tells Big Boss that one of his sons will bring the world to ruin and another will save it.

Message 27 of 122 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8661 posts

Dec 9, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

It would be interesting if this turns out to be Big Boss going crazy, like him turning into what he was in Metal Gear 1 and 2. Just through out the game you would get these "hallucinations" of past, and maybe even future enemies (just for the fan service), and events but they are messed up and crazy looking. Smiley Mad

that would be neat. reminds me of the last Walking Dead ep where Rick hallucinated seeing Shane with a shotgun walking towards him but it was actually just some dude with a shotgun,

and foreshadowing would be neat. it may be fan service, but if done right its cool. like in MGS3 during The Sorrow fight where he says "you'll be killed by your sons" or in PO where Eliza tells Big Boss that one of his sons will bring the world to ruin and another will save it.

Yeah, could fit with the talk of "demons" and whatever. Could mean that this is has all been Oni Project.

Am I the only one that thinks it is weird that they suddenly started to use Roman Numerals? Never did it before. Smiley Mad

Message 28 of 122 (232 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
34051 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 10, 2012

VR_F0X wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

Yeah, could fit with the talk of "demons" and whatever. Could mean that this is has all been Oni Project.

Am I the only one that thinks it is weird that they suddenly started to use Roman Numerals? Never did it before. Smiley Mad

would also fit with that Phantom Pain quote i posted about thousands of spirit limbs haunting and tormenting soldiers. Obviously 'limb' wouldnt be literal, no need to have arms and legs floating around slapping and kicking Big Boss. but the stuff about thousands of spirits haunting and tormenting soldiers seems like one hell of a plausable thing to happen in MGS.

and roman numerals are cool. perhaps Kojima is trying to class things up a bit? or maybe hes envious of GTAV.

breaking news: game journalists talked to Jaokim Mogren and his family via their Facebook pages

http://www.p4rgaming.com/?p=660

Message 29 of 122 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8703 posts

Dec 10, 2012

KojiPro built a studio in California a couple of months ago.

COULD THIS BE THE RESULT? COULD THIS BE... METAL GEAR SOLID 5? Yes. Yes it is. But how?

Take back the future
Message 30 of 122 (206 Views)
0 Likes