Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 27 2012
By: smashtabby First Son 2 posts

Portable Ops (In North America) on the Playstation Vita

7 replies 1008 views Edited Nov 27, 2012

Hey everyone, I don't know about you guys, but I've been really wanting to be able to play Portable Ops with a right stick on the camera ever since it was announced this would be possible on the Vita. I am a North American Vita owner who really, really wants to be able to play Portable Ops again, but cannot because it is not supported on the North American Vita. It is supported in EU and Japan.

The way I see it, Sony will likely not even know how many people would be interested in this unless we start talking about it again. So please, pledge your support here if you would gladly hand Sony some money to buy a copy of Portable Ops for the Vita!

(Please refrain from posting negative comments regarding Portable Ops. You are entitled to dislike it if you want to, but that's not what this post is about.

Message 1 of 8 (1,008 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11127 posts

Re: Portable Ops (In North America) on the Playstation Vita

Nov 27, 2012

Is it just that Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops is supported for digital sales in other regions and not in North America? I wouldn't think that playing the game on the Vita wouldn't automatically provide gamers with multi-stick control, as the development team would actually have to redesign the game first before it functions that way. If all you're playing is a port or essentially the same game as bought through the store, the game would not operate with character and camera control that you have in mind, unfortunately.

Message 2 of 8 (1,002 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 27, 2012

All PSP games on the Vita support slight visual upscaling and, more importantly, remapping of the right analogue stick to the face buttons, D pad (camera in PO), or left stick.

In EU and Japan people have been playing Portable Ops this way for months. Here, we cannot (Portable Ops can be downloaded and transferred to the Vita via the PS3 but it does not run).

Message 3 of 8 (1,000 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Dec 7, 2012
Portable Ops and Ops +. I need those games on my Vita, Sony! Stop flaking on your consumers. I'm sure you wouldn't want them to go to Microsoft, right?
Message 4 of 8 (959 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
11393 posts

Dec 7, 2012

Sasuke082594 wrote:
Portable Ops and Ops +. I need those games on my Vita, Sony! Stop flaking on your consumers. I'm sure you wouldn't want them to go to Microsoft, right?

I don't think they'd help you out, either.

Message 5 of 8 (951 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Dec 11, 2012

Sasuke082594 wrote:

BIG BOSS FACEPALM

Message 6 of 8 (928 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Dec 26, 2012

I agree I have it in my XMB waiting to be supported by the vita I spoke with Sony they say it is konami fault but konami say it is sony I think it is sony of america's fault because if it was konami why would they support all regions but US.

Message 7 of 8 (875 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Jan 25, 2013
Why facepalm? It's true. I'm tired of Sony's BS. Overpriced, unsupported gadgets. They can't even deliver what they promise us.
Message 8 of 8 (792 Views)
0 Likes