Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
8004 posts

Re: New Metal Gear Rising Enemies

Sep 29, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

SergeantVincent wrote:

That feel when you have a friend who thinks Rising will get game of the year.

He hasn't played any other MGS in any way shape or form, and knows nothing about it.

Why am I mad about this? Why does hearing things come out of his mouth make me angry? 

because hes stupid?

Rising wont get GOTY on any site. i bet most sites will give GOTY to ME3, Borderlands 2, Halo 4 or AC3.

2013 should be a very interesting year for game awards, many big anticipated titles coming out then.

Wouldn't that be because Rising comes out next year? Unless that is what you were talking about. I think it should have a fair chance, then again I can't think of much else coming out next year except Bioshock Infinite. 

I doubt ME3 will get GOTY, just because of the backlash from the endings alone. I think Dishonored and FarCry 3 has the potential to end up in the mix along with Halo 4 and AC3. :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 339 (283 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
31942 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 29, 2012

VR_F0X wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

SergeantVincent wrote:

He hasn't played any other MGS in any way shape or form, and knows nothing about it.

Why am I mad about this? Why does hearing things come out of his mouth make me angry? 

because hes stupid?

Rising wont get GOTY on any site. i bet most sites will give GOTY to ME3, Borderlands 2, Halo 4 or AC3.

2013 should be a very interesting year for game awards, many big anticipated titles coming out then.

Wouldn't that be because Rising comes out next year? Unless that is what you were talking about. I think it should have a fair chance, then again I can't think of much else coming out next year except Bioshock Infinite. 

I doubt ME3 will get GOTY, just because of the backlash from the endings alone. I think Dishonored and FarCry 3 has the potential to end up in the mix along with Halo 4 and AC3. :smileymad:

only reason ME3 would get a GOTY is because EA is throwing money around, and sice nearly every media site praised ME3 as if it was the Holy Grail it wouldnt be too far fetched for it to get a GOTY somewhere.

i dont think Dishonored will get a GOTY, its not main stream enough. FarCry might get a GOTY, if not overall then most definitely PC GOTY.

next year you have Rising of course, Dead Space 3, The Last of Us, The Last Guardian(hopefuly), DmC(wonder if it will get any award), Ni No Kuni(looks beautiful), Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, God of War, Beyond: Two Souls and Crysis 3. thats just the stuff thats dated, theres probably a lot of unannounced stuff. hell, i wouldnt be surprised if GZ got a Fall/Winter 2013 release date. 2014 seems too far off, since i bet new systems will be out by that year.

Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 339 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8004 posts

Sep 30, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

SergeantVincent wrote:

because hes stupid?

only reason ME3 would get a GOTY is because EA is throwing money around, and sice nearly every media site praised ME3 as if it was the Holy Grail it wouldnt be too far fetched for it to get a GOTY somewhere.

i dont think Dishonored will get a GOTY, its not main stream enough. FarCry might get a GOTY, if not overall then most definitely PC GOTY.

next year you have Rising of course, Dead Space 3, The Last of Us, The Last Guardian(hopefuly), DmC(wonder if it will get any award), Ni No Kuni(looks beautiful), Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, God of War, Beyond: Two Souls and Crysis 3. thats just the stuff thats dated, theres probably a lot of unannounced stuff. hell, i wouldnt be surprised if GZ got a Fall/Winter 2013 release date. 2014 seems too far off, since i bet new systems will be out by that year.

Yeah, Dishonored would have to be that sort of massive surprise that no one saw coming. If it gets enough attention then it might get a chance.

Completely forgot about most of those titles, probably the lack of sleep and increase of work. The Last of Us is probably the biggest contender in there, as well as Bioshock Infinite. Ni No Kuni probably won't be mainstream enough to get proper recognition outside of the RPG category. Dead Space 3, God of War, and Crysis 3 probably aren't doing much different from the other games in their series to have a chance of winning it, one or two of them might get a nomination depending on other titles that come out that year. 

Some really solid titles coming out next year, and in the next couple of months. :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 339 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3793 posts

Oct 1, 2012

You guys are missing GTAV. Period.

photo MGSV-Banner-4_zps217afef9.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 339 (257 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7392 posts

Oct 1, 2012

WillyMGS wrote:

I don't play GTA though. I got enough games on the list as it is. 

Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 339 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8004 posts

Oct 1, 2012

WillyMGS wrote:

Can't even believe I forgot that. That will defiantly be up there. Just a shame that they went to San Andreas instead of Vice City. :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 339 (241 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
31942 posts

Oct 1, 2012

WillyMGS wrote:

hasnt been announced yet or given a release window. :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 339 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8308 posts

Oct 1, 2012

VR_F0X wrote:

WillyMGS wrote:

Can't even believe I forgot that. That will defiantly be up there. Just a shame that they went to San Andreas instead of Vice City. :smileymad:

I can't imagine Vice City in the new world. San Andreas is basically a Tupac song playing out. Vice City was taking all of the highs and lows of the 80's and making it as over the top 80's they could. I'm not so sure I could stand to see Vice City today.

I hope they take a return to the thuggish ruggish bone of street gangs in some way, even if it's small. That was pretty cool. Maybe a holier than thou crime syndicate and you have to work to take out the rest of the street gangs, one of which is CJ.

I don't know. It'd be dope.

Take back the future
Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 339 (236 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
31942 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 1, 2012

Crimson_Ryan wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

WillyMGS wrote:

I can't imagine Vice City in the new world. San Andreas is basically a Tupac song playing out. Vice City was taking all of the highs and lows of the 80's and making it as over the top 80's they could. I'm not so sure I could stand to see Vice City today.

I hope they take a return to the thuggish ruggish bone of street gangs in some way, even if it's small. That was pretty cool. Maybe a holier than thou crime syndicate and you have to work to take out the rest of the street gangs, one of which is CJ.

Vice City would just be like the current Miami, which would be pretty horrible. the 80's charm is gone and all thats left is old people and **bleep**.

San Andreas on the other hand is just LA, and its the same as its always been. :smileyvery-happy:

and for no reason, RE6 is GOTYAY!

http://www.destructoid.com/review-resident-evil-6-235326.phtml

Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 339 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8004 posts

Oct 1, 2012

Crimson_Ryan wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

WillyMGS wrote:

I don't want Vice City in the modern day. I just want Vice City HD with the updated stuff I guess...

Vice City was the best GTA. GTAV is looking great though. :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Message 70 of 339 (230 Views)
0 Likes