32191 posts

Re: New Metal Gear Rising Enemies

Oct 1, 2012

VR_F0X wrote:

Crimson_Ryan wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

WillyMGS wrote:

You guys are missing GTAV. Period.

Can't even believe I forgot that. That will defiantly be up there. Just a shame that they went to San Andreas instead of Vice City. :smileymad:

I can't imagine Vice City in the new world. San Andreas is basically a Tupac song playing out. Vice City was taking all of the highs and lows of the 80's and making it as over the top 80's they could. I'm not so sure I could stand to see Vice City today.

I hope they take a return to the thuggish ruggish bone of street gangs in some way, even if it's small. That was pretty cool. Maybe a holier than thou crime syndicate and you have to work to take out the rest of the street gangs, one of which is CJ.

I don't know. It'd be dope.

I don't want Vice City in the modern day. I just want Vice City HD with the updated stuff I guess...

Vice City was the best GTA. GTAV is looking great though. :smileymad:

Vice City was the best in terms of atmosphere, San Andreas was best in terms of gameplay.

they need to take SA's gameplay and add it to Vice City!

i wonder if RockStar will make a HD Collection for the GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas.

Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 339 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8057 posts

Oct 1, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

Crimson_Ryan wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

WillyMGS wrote:

Can't even believe I forgot that. That will defiantly be up there. Just a shame that they went to San Andreas instead of Vice City. :smileymad:

I can't imagine Vice City in the new world. San Andreas is basically a Tupac song playing out. Vice City was taking all of the highs and lows of the 80's and making it as over the top 80's they could. I'm not so sure I could stand to see Vice City today.

I hope they take a return to the thuggish ruggish bone of street gangs in some way, even if it's small. That was pretty cool. Maybe a holier than thou crime syndicate and you have to work to take out the rest of the street gangs, one of which is CJ.

I don't want Vice City in the modern day. I just want Vice City HD with the updated stuff I guess...

Vice City was the best in terms of atmosphere, San Andreas was best in terms of gameplay.

i wonder if RockStar will make a HD Collection for the GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas.

Vice City had the story and the atmosphere, and that 80s soundtrack.

They would just need to add the small things, like being able to climb fences and stuff. Both are fun, but I think the atmosphere is what edges Vice City out for me.

I doubt they would do a HD Collection for it, but it would be interesting to see how they turn out. :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 339 (274 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
32191 posts

Oct 1, 2012

VR_F0X wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

Crimson_Ryan wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

WillyMGS wrote:

Vice City had the story and the atmosphere, and that 80s soundtrack.

They would just need to add the small things, like being able to climb fences and stuff. Both are fun, but I think the atmosphere is what edges Vice City out for me.

I doubt they would do a HD Collection for it, but it would be interesting to see how they turn out. :smileymad:

yeah, i liked VC's story more than SA's also. the whole Scarface type scenario was great. SA's was just gang crap. id say their soundtracks were both equaly great though.

but all the gameplay elements of SA in VC would be awesome. who wouldnt want to make a morbidly obese Tommy Vercetti. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 339 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7393 posts

Oct 2, 2012

Resident Evil 6 is garbage. It got **bleep** on EVERYWHERE except for places it obviously payed. Gamespot as usual gave it a 4.5.

But then again, what doesn't Gamespot give a 4.5? Everywhere else gave it a 6/10 or worse.

Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 339 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3810 posts

Oct 2, 2012

GTAV will be awesome. After all the improvements Rockstar has made to its engine, I'm sure they'll be able to implement all the mechanics SA had, like over-fatty CJ. And after RDR, Rockstar has demonstrated how good they are writing stories, so I expect just a good one on it.

And it's really that bad RE6? I knew it wasn't going to be good, but that bad?

photo Big-Boss-and-DD-Banner_zpsadb52d17.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 339 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8057 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 2, 2012

the_original_se wrote:
yeah, i liked VC's story more than SA's also. the whole Scarface type scenario was great. SA's was just gang crap. id say their soundtracks were both equaly great though.

but all the gameplay elements of SA in VC would be awesome. who wouldnt want to make a morbidly obese Tommy Vercetti. :smileyvery-happy:

Yeah, it was a far more interesting story, had better characters too. They both had great soundtracks, prefer Vice City's though. Dat 80s.

To be honest I doubt they would do anything like being able to make your character fat again, it just seems too silly for what GTA is now. I know it isn't completely serious, but it just seems like more of a Saints Row kind of thing. :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 339 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7393 posts

Oct 2, 2012

WillyMGS wrote:

GTAV will be awesome. After all the improvements Rockstar has made to its engine, I'm sure they'll be able to implement all the mechanics SA had, like over-fatty CJ. And after RDR, Rockstar has demonstrated how good they are writing stories, so I expect just a good one on it.

And it's really that bad RE6? I knew it wasn't going to be good, but that bad?

There's a demo if you want to hit it up. The only campaign that was slightly enjoyable was Leon's, and even that was bad. You're an invincible press-RT/R2-to-win machine with ammo in every possible place you can imagine. If you're too bad to aim your shots, you can hit LT+RT to do an auto locked quick shot, and if you have a shotgun you can repeat the motion 3 times in a row for some s00per d00per  **bleep** raping combo. Chris's campaign was a third person Cawadooty and Jake's was a third person Cawadooty where everything is orange. 

Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 339 (270 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
32191 posts

Oct 2, 2012

VR_F0X wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

Yeah, it was a far more interesting story, had better characters too. They both had great soundtracks, prefer Vice City's though. Dat 80s.

To be honest I doubt they would do anything like being able to make your character fat again, it just seems too silly for what GTA is now. I know it isn't completely serious, but it just seems like more of a Saints Row kind of thing. :smileymad:

body customization is a lot more realistic than most of the Saints Row stuff. becoming fat or dressing up like a furry and beating random people to death with a giant purple d***o, which one is more realistic? :smileytongue:

i also liked being able to get tattoos, thought that was a pretty cool useless feature. funny how a PS2 game had more elements and features than the supposed $100 million GTA IV.

Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 339 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3810 posts

Oct 3, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

body customization is a lot more realistic than most of the Saints Row stuff. becoming fat or dressing up like a furry and beating random people to death with a giant purple d***o, which one is more realistic? :smileytongue:

i also liked being able to get tattoos, thought that was a pretty cool useless feature. funny how a PS2 game had more elements and features than the supposed $100 million GTA IV.

I suppose most of the money was for the developing of the engines, and the variety of voice actors...

Anyway, th expectations for GTAV are huge, so let's hope we don't get dissapointed.

@Vincent: Maybe I could try the demo, or get a friend buy it and then borrow it :smileytongue:. But if you say is a run-of-the-mill ammo-everywhere shooting adventure, I think I'll pass. I was really hoping they would fix that problem with RE6... **bleep** you Capcom, **bleep** you.

photo Big-Boss-and-DD-Banner_zpsadb52d17.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 339 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7393 posts

Oct 3, 2012

WillyMGS wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

I suppose most of the money was for the developing of the engines, and the variety of voice actors...

Anyway, th expectations for GTAV are huge, so let's hope we don't get dissapointed.

@Vincent: Maybe I could try the demo, or get a friend buy it and then borrow it :smileytongue:. But if you say is a run-of-the-mill ammo-everywhere shooting adventure, I think I'll pass. I was really hoping they would fix that problem with RE6... **bleep** you Capcom, **bleep** you.

The camera is also God awful. It literally rides so far up your **bleep** you can't even see your legs. 

Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 339 (253 Views)
0 Likes