Fender Bender
3817 posts

Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes - FOX Engine, Big Boss, Open World

Sep 2, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

Crimson_Ryan wrote:
Nope, it's Chico. The guy was talking about how he made it quick for the girl, referencing Amanda, who they just totally murdered.

i believe yet doubt its Chico.

i only doubt it is because the kid in the cage looks like a 14 year old white kid.

and the burned dude could have been refering to Paz and not Amanda. since Chico and Paz were both being held there.

If it's Chico, it can go either way with Paz or Amanda.  The guy said he 'kept his word' and that she 'didn't suffer long'.  Amanda is his sister and I think he had a crush on Paz so whichever one it was, he'd push for them not to suffer.  Also the guy asks him how it feels to be a traitor.  Paz turned on them so I kind of don't see how he'd feel like a traitor after that but turning on his sister is another story.  Didn't Chico want to be a soldier/help the resistance in PW?  The boy though seemed like he was kind of 'out of it all' with the news and only had a mind for the walkman/tape player so I'm kind of leaning towards it being someone else who had some viable info and that Chico & Paz are located elsewhere in the base, maybe not in the open and under tighter security.  Paz just seems too valuable to kill.

I'm actually wondering if the 'Burned' man is actually a 3rd party separate from Big Boss & Zero's forces.  They took off the XOF patches and erased the XOF label on the side of the helicopter when they had finished at the base.  They didn't seem too concerned with ditching the patches over the base/in the area since they had finished what they came there to do.  Maybe they were simply posing as Zero's forces and were simply using it as a cover to pass the info onto the boy (he may have some bigger importance?).

TGS can't come soon enough =\  We need more details cause Big Boss' look is kicking us in the teeth with the speculation and trying to make out who is who and what's what.

also, did the Chico kid have the headphones plugged into his chest before he plugged it into the walkman? O.o

i assumed the burned guy was seperate from Zero and Big Boss. but im still confused as to what XOF is and who is behind it. is Zero behind it? is the burned guy behind it? is Big Boss' dyslexic long lost brother behind it, aka Ssob Gib?

:smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:!!!

And I mentioned how the kid had the headphones plugged into his chest too... >.>.

Anyway... What is that "lightning effect" that occurred a couple of times in the trailer? Like a row of little yellow vertical lights (once in the helicopter, another one when Big Boss brings out the radar).

photo Big-Boss-and-DD-Banner_zpsadb52d17.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 139 (450 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1881 posts

Sep 2, 2012

the_original_se wrote:
also, did the Chico kid have the headphones plugged into his chest before he plugged it into the walkman? O.o

i assumed the burned guy was seperate from Zero and Big Boss. but im still confused as to what XOF is and who is behind it. is Zero behind it? is the burned guy behind it? is Big Boss' dyslexic long lost brother behind it, aka Ssob Gib?

Yes the headphones were in his chest. I think some form of torture/punishment. Would make some form of sense as a further clue it is Chico or at least someone from Peace Walker, what with everything being done with cassette tapes.  The burned dude might be Gene, since him and all the dudes in Portable Ops were all Fox. Going XOF and being a backwards **bleep** form of Fox could be his way of coming back on to the scene and trying to carve a piece out for himself.

Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 139 (449 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3817 posts

Sep 2, 2012

BTW, here's the "Snake is back" render mentioned above.

Big Boss Ground Zeroes 2.jpeg

Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 139 (444 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7393 posts

Sep 2, 2012

Guys...

The kid is Decoy Octopus. 

Someone in this game is Decoy Octopus, dammit.

Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 139 (442 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Sep 2, 2012

DevilishBoredom wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

Yes the headphones were in his chest. I think some form of torture/punishment. Would make some form of sense as a further clue it is Chico or at least someone from Peace Walker, what with everything being done with cassette tapes.  The burned dude might be Gene, since him and all the dudes in Portable Ops were all Fox. Going XOF and being a backwards **bleep** form of Fox could be his way of coming back on to the scene and trying to carve a piece out for himself.

Whatever happened to Gene.  Dead right?  By fire?  I don't remember much of PO :smileyvery-happy:

I like the idea of Gene showing back up, with a new force and trying to move his ideas forward against Big Boss & Zero now but he did hand over all his stuff to get  his own base off the ground to Big Boss before dying so if he did in fact survive, he had to have started from scratch.

I'm really looking forward to what Boss unit/group this game will have and also what Ocelot is up to at this point in time.  Knocking back some vodka with Gurlukovich yet?

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 139 (435 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
549 posts

Sep 2, 2012

My thoughts are that the game takes place at least 10-12 years after peace walker judging by how old big boss looks. And since thats the case, there is no way that kid could be Chico. I was originally thinking that the kid could be one of the twin snakes since they would b about that age by this time, but then somebody mentioned the headphones plugged into his chest (totally didn't notice that) so now I don't know. It would be interesting to see liquid or snake as a kid. And I've thought for years that they should make a mgs game about Liquid's backstory (with him as protagonist). I am so hyped for this game, but it'll probably be at least 2 years before it comes out.

Please use plain text.
Message 86 of 139 (434 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2727 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 2, 2012

I dunno why they cut out that additional 3-4 minutes of Snake walking into the base and then flying off in a helo he calls down.

That's just a waste of time---when it's already on YouTube as well.

Game looks stunning. I mean **bleep**.

Random Images

S E I J I N S H I . A L L D A Y . E V E R Y D A Y
Please use plain text.
Message 87 of 139 (428 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8359 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 2, 2012

To be fair, that didn't look like Chico, but then Big Boss didn't really look like Big Boss.

And my friend mentioned something about them saying Paz had been missing for 14 days...?

I think it's Gene though, to be honest. Portable Ops. Gene was the new leader of FOX, right? He proposed the idea of a haven for soldiers by misconstruing The Boss's ideals and then Big Boss stole it. Maybe Zero, having shared similar beliefs, reconstructed Gene and now he's here to take it back? I'm not sure how it would work, I mean the soldiers are pretty loyal to Big Boss and all.

Man I don't even know. There's too much. Too many implications. We have literally no information to go off of. For all we know this burned guy is a completely knew character. Of course the question remains: What's the deal with them using patches while inside the base, then ditching them after leaving? That gave me the idea that they were posing as MSF or Big Boss affiliates, but then Big Boss shows up and kills that dude, it's clearly not his group.

I am so thankful they didn't release this trailer like four years ago and make us wait.

EDIT: Kojima DID say he was bringing a dead character back to life, so it's possible, but who knows!

Take back the future
Please use plain text.
Message 88 of 139 (425 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
549 posts

Sep 2, 2012

Crimson_Ryan wrote:

To be fair, that didn't look like Chico, but then Big Boss didn't really look like Big Boss.

I don't know about that, If you look at Big Boss at he end of MGS4 and him in the  video or the poster above, I say it looks a lot like him (although younger).... And apprarently in the gameplay video, the translator does say that the boy is Chico. I don't know though, maybe he was mistranslating or was confused or something. Joystiq also seems to think it is Chico. But with big boss looking so much older than he did in peace walker, i don't see how it could be.

Please use plain text.
Message 89 of 139 (419 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3817 posts

Sep 2, 2012

QPitty wrote:

Crimson_Ryan wrote:

I don't know about that, If you look at Big Boss at he end of MGS4 and him in the  video or the poster above, I say it looks a lot like him (although younger).... And apprarently in the gameplay video, the translator does say that the boy is Chico. I don't know though, maybe he was mistranslating or was confused or something. Joystiq also seems to think it is Chico. But with big boss looking so much older than he did in peace walker, i don't see how it could be.

Maybe Chico suffers from spontaneus aging, he will be like 10 forever until his forties when he spontaneusly grows a beard, develop high-end muscles and becomes the badass his Viejo was XD

Please use plain text.
Message 90 of 139 (415 Views)
0 Likes