Treasure Hunter
8458 posts

Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes - FOX Engine, Big Boss, Open World

Sep 6, 2012

WillyMGS wrote:

That kills a lot of speculation now. 2 years after PW at most I think.

And the eyebrows... in the Snake Is Back render, they look like the one in the render posted by Zaku.

And Zaku. I'm troubled by Miller calling him Snake in the trailer. Hasn't Big Boss completely overrode his old codename after destroying Peace Walker? "From now on, call me Big Boss" and all... :smileyindifferent:

Because Master Miller is Master, that is why he still calls him Snake. Big Boss is all like "CALL ME BIG BOSS" and Master Miller is like "NO, SNAKE!" and then slaps him, and then Big Boss is like "Okay".

What do you think happened to his eyebrows? Master Miller shaved them off because he thought it would be funny, Big Boss still hasn't noticed and they are all having a laugh at him back at Mother Base. :smileymad:

Message 131 of 139 (400 Views)
PlayStation MVP
41343 posts

Sep 6, 2012

Lol:

Konami is asking websites to remove the Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes trailer revealed last weekend at the Penny Arcade Expo due to a licensing issue with a song used in the footage.

At this time it's unclear what song is causing the problem. One possibility is the song "Here's To You" by Ennio Morricone and Joan Baez, though that remains unconfirmed. Konami was unable to say whether or not a new version of the trailer would be released at a later date.

Konami has been contacted for additional comment.

GameInformer

Also, if GZ is supposed to be a 'prologue to MGS5', anyone think the other option is that something happens in GZ that sets the foundation for another organization/event in the future instead of leading into a MG/MG2 retelling? Say, GZ sets up something post-MGS4 so Kojima can truck on with the series after all the Patriot stuff is out of the way with some new secret group/threat?

Message 132 of 139 (380 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3857 posts

Sep 6, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

Lol:

Konami is asking websites to remove the Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes trailer revealed last weekend at the Penny Arcade Expo due to a licensing issue with a song used in the footage.

At this time it's unclear what song is causing the problem. One possibility is the song "Here's To You" by Ennio Morricone and Joan Baez, though that remains unconfirmed. Konami was unable to say whether or not a new version of the trailer would be released at a later date.

GameInformer

Also, if GZ is supposed to be a 'prologue to MGS5', anyone think the other option is that something happens in GZ that sets the foundation for another organization/event in the future instead of leading into a MG/MG2 retelling? Say, GZ sets up something post-MGS4 so Kojima can truck on with the series after all the Patriot stuff is out of the way with some new secret group/threat?

Either Here's to You (which I doubt since they had use it before, although a sampled version), or Ride of the Valkyries, to which my bets are going to XD. I bet this is what happen. "Hey guys, Mr. Kojima wants to use Ride of the Valkyries on one part of the footage, and we need the legal issues to be done, can you do it, Bob?", "Send me a memo, I'll see what I can do". - some weeks later on Bob's street walking, he begins humming - "Du du du dOO doo, du du du dOO doo, du du DU DOO DOo, du du doo dooooo....oooh shi..."

And I hope they don't end up bringing some stupid plot device for something pot-MGS4... Let it end haplily ever after already.

photo Big-Boss-and-DD-Banner_zpsadb52d17.jpg
Message 133 of 139 (371 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8458 posts

Sep 7, 2012

WillyMGS wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

Lol:

GameInformer

Either Here's to You (which I doubt since they had use it before, although a sampled version), or Ride of the Valkyries, to which my bets are going to XD. I bet this is what happen. "Hey guys, Mr. Kojima wants to use Ride of the Valkyries on one part of the footage, and we need the legal issues to be done, can you do it, Bob?", "Send me a memo, I'll see what I can do". - some weeks later on Bob's street walking, he begins humming - "Du du du dOO doo, du du du dOO doo, du du DU DOO DOo, du du doo dooooo....oooh shi..."

And I hope they don't end up bringing some stupid plot device for something pot-MGS4... Let it end haplily ever after already.

I doubt it is Ride of the Valkyries. They probably done goofed and used the wrong version of Here's to You.

I wouldn't put it by Kojima to do something like that to carry on beyond MGS4. Probably reveal that Zero had a child, or a clone, and they carry on his legacy, or something just as dumb. :smileymad:

Message 134 of 139 (339 Views)
PlayStation MVP
33304 posts

Sep 7, 2012

DevilishBoredom wrote:

WillyMGS wrote:

That kills a lot of speculation now. 2 years after PW at most I think.

And the eyebrows... in the Snake Is Back render, they look like the one in the render posted by Zaku.

And Zaku. I'm troubled by Miller calling him Snake in the trailer. Hasn't Big Boss completely overrode his old codename after destroying Peace Walker? "From now on, call me Big Boss" and all... :smileyindifferent:

I think Miller still calls him Snake because he'll call him whatever the hell he wants to call him. The grunts of the MSF probably still crap their pants and call him Big Boss though. As for everyone else calling him Snake in general. I guess its justt what people do and are used to calling him Snake. Casual fans only call him Big Boss when they need to differentiate between the two. Kojima probably probably does it just to keep people interested because all they care about hearing is the word Snake.

I still think this game will be broken down into two parts, one closer to the end of PW and one a number of years later.
 So both looks for Big Boss can end up applying.

whats strange is that in PW Miller called him "Boss" A LOT.

so now that he wants to be called "Big Boss" Miller starts to call him "Snake". :smileyvery-happy:

im thinking that "Snake" is just being used by Miller in the trailer due to the fact that its Big Boss' codename on missions and clearly hes on a mission in the trailer.

Message 135 of 139 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3857 posts

Sep 8, 2012

VR_F0X wrote:

WillyMGS wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

Lol:

GameInformer

I doubt it is Ride of the Valkyries. They probably done goofed and used the wrong version of Here's to You.

I wouldn't put it by Kojima to do something like that to carry on beyond MGS4. Probably reveal that Zero had a child, or a clone, and they carry on his legacy, or something just as dumb. :smileymad:

Like Resident Evil 6? :smileyvery-happy:.

Message 136 of 139 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3857 posts

Sep 8, 2012

Sorry for double post, for I just found an interesting article on Gamespot analizing the trailer through a graphical perspective.

Read Here

Interesting how the engine managed to slip all those geometric smooth stuff and still managed it to look great on a PS3-like system.

Message 137 of 139 (301 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
33304 posts

Sep 8, 2012

WillyMGS wrote:

Sorry for double post, for I just found an interesting article on Gamespot analizing the trailer through a graphical perspective.

Read Here

Interesting how the engine managed to slip all those geometric smooth stuff and still managed it to look great on a PS3-like system.

theyve only ever mentioned the PC and how the PS3 version will look nearly the same, wonder why theres been no mention of the 360.

watch, they didnt mention the 360 because the game will be released on the next-gen Xbox.

Message 138 of 139 (286 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Mar 18, 2013

Hey you guys are ready for ground Zeroes Because that game is right on the corner, its gonna be so epic that kojima and his crew this March 25 will post a convention talking about evrything about Ground Zeroes and release trailer and release some details about Phantom Pain OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ima huge **bleep** fan of metal gear and if you are add ,me and i can give you every detail and we can play Metal gear online together, Yes! it will also have it

Message 139 of 139 (113 Views)
0 Likes