Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes - FOX Engine, Open World

Aug 31, 2012

WillyMGS wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

WillyMGS wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

Stealth1986 wrote:
And I think with the whole Snake thing on the poster, I don't think it's Big Boss... He looks too young...

What if it's Solid Snake? :smileysurprised:

looks too young? look at all those wrinkles on his face.

plus he has a MSF patch on his suit, an eye patch and no bandana; its Big Boss.

He still has those stupid things near his knees. Defiantly Big Boss.

Also, on the main 25th Anniversary Website the "click here" to get to that picture is also inverted. Some sort of gimmick reveal going to go down? :smileymad:

Well that batches down the theory I had. During the presentation, they didn't allow any leaks whatsoever, that is, no filming, no pictures, no nothing. So I thought all websites inverted the image just for "legal issues" or stuff. :smileyindifferent: Wonder why they did it.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Metal-Gear-Solid-Series/Metal-Gear-Solid-Ground-Zeroes-FOX-En... :smileymad:

When did you edited it?

Anyway, the description of Gamespot was also inverted... Taking of XOF labels? So it seems everything they showed was inverted on purpose.

edited it about 1:30pm PST. so like almost 5 hours ago. :smileytongue:

yes, the invertion is on purpose.

Message 31 of 139 (391 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8235 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 31, 2012

Kojima posted this

"FOX and XOF"

JSJJDBSHDS

The back picture. Old Snake? Old Crazy Big Boss? Two time periods? Two different games?

He also tweeted that he is bringing FOX to PAX, I imagine that is more than just the FOX Engine but also the parallel to XOF. :smileymad:

Message 32 of 139 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8486 posts

Aug 31, 2012
From FOX, two phantoms are born. Solid Snake and Big Boss?
Take back the future
Message 33 of 139 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
638 posts

Aug 31, 2012
I'm FULLY ecstatic now. *woot*
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Message 34 of 139 (360 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
32721 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 31, 2012

VR_F0X wrote:

Kojima posted this

"FOX and XOF"

JSJJDBSHDS

The back picture. Old Snake? Old Crazy Big Boss? Two time periods? Two different games?

He also tweeted that he is bringing FOX to PAX, I imagine that is more than just the FOX Engine but also the parallel to XOF. :smileymad:

the back poster is of Old Snake, its for the new release of MGS4.

bet you the big text says "Snake is back" or something.

and the small text at the bottom is high-profile credits. i only managed to make out Hideki Sasaki's name, hes one of the big character artists.

Message 35 of 139 (348 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
539 posts

Aug 31, 2012
"From Fox, two phantoms are born." Liquid and Solid Snake?

Oh, and the reason I mentioned the whole he looks young and whatnot is because in PW, you see his hair is starting to grey. I didn't see a trace of grey hair in this poster...
Message 36 of 139 (338 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
32721 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 31, 2012

Stealth1986 wrote:
"From Fox, two phantoms are born." Liquid and Solid Snake?

Oh, and the reason I mentioned the whole he looks young and whatnot is because in PW, you see his hair is starting to grey. I didn't see a trace of grey hair in this poster...

Liquid and Snake werent "born" from FOX.

its most likely refering to Big Boss and Zero.

and keep in mind his hair is wet. wet hair appears darker than dry hair. it actually appears black in the image.

Message 37 of 139 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8235 posts

Aug 31, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

and the small text at the bottom is high-profile credits. i only managed to make out Hideki Sasaki's name, hes one of the big character artists.

By "new release" I imagine you mean a substance version of MGS4? If so I don't see the point in them releasing a trophy patch for MGS4 when they are just going to re-release the game anyway. The text saying "Snake is back" isn't that crazy.

It is interesting the wording they have used on the inverted poster. "From FOX, two phantoms are born." One of the meaning of the word Phantom is ghost, and Oni can be translated to Ghost. I don't think it has been said whether this is Oni Project or not, but this could be a hint.

I guess you could make a case that them using the word born, instead of emerged or something, could mean Solid and Liquid. One of Kojima's tweets mentions a poster of "FOX Snake". So when you think of it as FOX meaning Big Boss, it works. Kojima has been talking about not being done with Solid, and mentioning that there is more to Liquid. Still a bit of a stretch though. :smileymad:

Message 38 of 139 (331 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
32721 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 31, 2012

VR_F0X wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

By "new release" I imagine you mean a substance version of MGS4? If so I don't see the point in them releasing a trophy patch for MGS4 when they are just going to re-release the game anyway. The text saying "Snake is back" isn't that crazy.

It is interesting the wording they have used on the inverted poster. "From FOX, two phantoms are born." One of the meaning of the word Phantom is ghost, and Oni can be translated to Ghost. I don't think it has been said whether this is Oni Project or not, but this could be a hint.

I guess you could make a case that them using the word born, instead of emerged or something, could mean Solid and Liquid. One of Kojima's tweets mentions a poster of "FOX Snake". So when you think of it as FOX meaning Big Boss, it works. Kojima has been talking about not being done with Solid, and mentioning that there is more to Liquid. Still a bit of a stretch though. :smileymad:

you do know that they are rereleasing MGS4 with trophies and such built into the game, right?

and zooming into the image i can see what looks like the PC symbol between the Konami logo and the PS3 logo, or it could be the ESRB symbol. but thats a weird location for the ESRB logo.

but i doubt it refers to Liquid and Snake. they werent "born" from FOX. FOX was long gone by the time they were born.

FOX created Zero and Big Boss. or in a long shot, it could be refering to Gene and Big Boss. perhaps the burned man in the suit is Gene. perhaps he survived MPO but with serve injuries and went on to create an anti-FOX like group called XOF.

and here comes some crazy theories.

Ground Zero, the epicenter, the beginning of all things, where it all went down. what is "ground zero" of Metal Gear Solid? Metal Gear.

now, Ground Zero in MGS:GZ is being use in the plural form, so the "ground zeroes" of MGS are Metal Gear 1 and Metal Gear 2.

now this is where things get really crazy.

promotional things for Ground Zeroes are all mirrored. perhaps the teaser trailer they played was also mirrored, and it wasnt XOF but actually FOX.

with all the mirrored images, it has to mean something. and what is a mirrored image? its a duplicate in reverse. Ground Zeroes could be a reverse duplicate of MG1 and MG2. in which we play as Big Boss and not Solid Snake.

/end crackpot theories :smileyvery-happy:

Message 39 of 139 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8235 posts

Aug 31, 2012

the_original_se wrote:
you do know that they are rereleasing MGS4 with trophies and such built into the game, right?

and zooming into the image i can see what looks like the PC symbol between the Konami logo and the PS3 logo, or it could be the ESRB symbol. but thats a weird location for the ESRB logo.

but i doubt it refers to Liquid and Snake. they werent "born" from FOX. FOX was long gone by the time they were born.

FOX created Zero and Big Boss. or in a long shot, it could be refering to Gene and Big Boss. perhaps the burned man in the suit is Gene. perhaps he survived MPO but with serve injuries and went on to create an anti-FOX like group called XOF.

and here comes some crazy theories.

Ground Zero, the epicenter, the beginning of all things, where it all went down. what is "ground zero" of Metal Gear Solid? Metal Gear.

now, Ground Zero in MGS:GZ is being use in the plural form, so the "ground zeroes" of MGS are Metal Gear 1 and Metal Gear 2.

now this is where things get really crazy.

promotional things for Ground Zeroes are all mirrored. perhaps the teaser trailer they played was also mirrored, and it wasnt XOF but actually FOX.

with all the mirrored images, it has to mean something. and what is a mirrored image? its a duplicate in reverse. Ground Zeroes could be a reverse duplicate of MG1 and MG2. in which we play as Big Boss and not Solid Snake.

/end crackpot theories :smileyvery-happy:

I just doubt that he would bother to tweet that picture, saying "FOX and XOF" and deliberately hide the other picture just for something we already know about.

It is unclear what FOX means. It could refer to the FOX engine, and mean two different games came out of the process of making the engine. Like with what I said, it is a bit of stretch but not impossible that it refers to Liquid and Solid.  I doubt we will see anything of Gene again, he was in PO and it seems that Kojima doesn't count that. It is the only game in the canon series that hasn't been put into any of these collections.

It isn't really that crazy, all these in between games has been leading up to him making Outer Heaven. The game is probably about him setting up it up. I doubt we will play the events of MG1/2 as Big Boss though. I mean what are you going to do? Run around with a machine gun and get killed by a dude with a makeshift flame thrower? If it takes place over two time periods then maybe we set Outer Heaven up as Big Boss, then bring it down as Solid Snake. :smileymad:

Message 40 of 139 (322 Views)
0 Likes