PlayStation MVP
31545 posts

Re: Metal Gear Film Going Into Production

[ Edited ]
Sep 1, 2012

VR_F0X wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

James Franco? pffahahahahaha! :smileyvery-happy:

my vote still goes to Hugh Jackman. best candidate if they want that MGS2/MGS3 look. for MGS1, id vote for Andrew Lincoln.

too bad Lee Van Cleff died decades ago, he was born to play Ocelot. :smileysad:

and if anyone says Kurt Russle or Christian Bale you can just go die.

Kurt Russle is old and looks like a baseball mit and Christian Bale is overused and overrated.

Christian Bale is underused and underrated. You picked Hugh Jackman, at least with Bale they can get someone that can act and take it seriously.

Andrew Lincoln I could back.

I don't care of they are supposed to be clones, Sean Bean to play Liquid.  :smileymad:

only thing is if they get Sean Bean to play Liquid, which i agree they should, getting Jackman to play Snake would be better because they look as if they could be twins. Bale and Bean look nothing alike.

but of course thats if they are going for a older Snake.

if they ar going for young Snake then they really should get Andrew Lincoln. hes a good actor and looks like Snake in MGS1. plus he has blue eyes, so thats a plus. no need for contacts. :smileyvery-happy:

however if they get Lincoln, then Bean wont work because hes a lot older than Lincoln. Aaron Eckhart would also make a good Liquid.

@Willy: theres no actor they can get to play Raven who looks like him but is still decent. im sure they will get some no-name muscle dude. but if they needed to get a real "actor", Dave Batista is the only person who comes to mind, but hes pretty mediocre at best at acting. and no to The Rock, in every movies hes been in he just comes off as a corny gimmick actor.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 41 (389 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7181 posts

Sep 2, 2012

I was COMPLETELY kidding when I said James Franco. Spider-Man 3...*shivers*

But Julie Benz is The Boss's twin.

As far as Tom Hardy, he'd work, but he's too big to play Snake. Andrew Lincoln is eh. I could see it working, but I could see it going south just as well.

Jason Statham could play Gray Fox, though. Looks kinda like him, sounds like him, has the athleticism, etc.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 41 (383 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
31545 posts

Sep 2, 2012

only person to play Gray Fox is Ray Park. Darth Maul and Snake Eyes, dude has proven his worth as an acrobat and swordman. plus he looks like Gray Fox, slap some pale make up on him and call it a day.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 41 (380 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
481 posts

Sep 2, 2012
I agree with the Ray Park choice! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 41 (363 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Sep 2, 2012
I remember seeing a fake poster for a MGS movie years ago with Christian Bale and Daniel Craig staring.

I would love to see both those actors in an MGS movie, but MGS may no longer be a right fit for Bale anymore, especially after doing the Batman movies and winning an Oscar...
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 41 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
163 posts

Sep 3, 2012

I don't think I could sit through another movie where Bale talks in his gravel voice, but they definately need David Hayter to write or co-write or something and while they are at it just let him play Snake. Although it would be interesting to see Aaron Eckhart as Liquid. But who could they get to play Meryl????

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 41 (351 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
31545 posts

Sep 3, 2012

BOB8489 wrote:

I don't think I could sit through another movie where Bale talks in his gravel voice, but they definately need David Hayter to write or co-write or something and while they are at it just let him play Snake. Although it would be interesting to see Aaron Eckhart as Liquid. But who could they get to play Meryl????

not sure about Meryl. some people would say Scarlett Johansson, but she would look exactly like she did in The Avengers.

on a side note about Vulcan Raven, Michael Clarke Duncan would be pretty good. yeah Raven isnt black, but you cant have your cake and eat it too. :smileytongue:

oh, and Charlize Theron as Sniper Wolf. :heart:

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 41 (348 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3748 posts

Sep 3, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

BOB8489 wrote:

not sure about Meryl. some people would say Scarlett Johansson, but she would look exactly like she did in The Avengers.

on a side note about Vulcan Raven, Michael Clarke Duncan would be pretty good. yeah Raven isnt black, but you cant have your cake and eat it too. :smileytongue:

oh, and Charlize Theron as Sniper Wolf. :heart:

As always, Marylin Manson as Mantis.

And about Meryl... Unfortunately, you need someone younger to play Meryl. Remember she is an 18-year-old girl XD.

And how about Mark Ruffalo for Otacon?

Oh! And Clint Eastwood as Ocelot! OMG!!!

photo MGSV-Banner-4_zps217afef9.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 41 (344 Views)
0 Likes
jkh
Splicer
72 posts

who should play snake for mgs movie?

Sep 3, 2012
Kojima mentioned he would like Hugh Jackman or Tom Hardy nothing said yet on who will play snake so let me hear what tall think
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 41 (347 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10788 posts

Re: who should play snake for mgs movie?

Sep 3, 2012

How about Tom Cruise or Clint Eastwood if they're doing Old Snake? I can picture Hugh Jackman in the part more than Tom Hardy. Hardy doesn't resemble Snake in the slightest.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 41 (343 Views)
0 Likes