Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
12 posts

Re: MGS4 v2.00 loading issues anyone? Due to PS3 Slim?

Sep 1, 2012

nevermind my slim just randomly corrected the error and started downloading the update.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 18 (3,218 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 24, 2012

My game won't load when it gets to a loading screen in act 4. After you get past the helipad, the dwarf gekkos and the large gekkos you're supposed to move to the next area where there is a loading screen. My game just stays at the loading screen. It happened once on my second playthrough and i was able to quit and restart the game but on now on my third playthrough it just stays at the loading screen. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 18 (3,177 Views)
First Son
6 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 24, 2012

I am on my 8th playthrough and I am having the same issue of it just staying on a loading screen I have a slim ps3, I first started having an issue during the 6th run with it freezing during game play and I saw what looked like a disc icon with a "?" on it flashing in the top left corner of the screen during shadow moses, and then during the 7th I had the loading issue show up right before the raging raven fight I went and picked up another disc at that used game store and still had the same problem.

I was able to finsih my 7th run by doing a complete delete of everything but my game saves and then reloading by only doing the old style of indivdual act installs, and was able to finsh with no more problems. before my 8th I did the full install and now it is stuck on the loading screen again after laughing octopus. so I have deleted the game data and reloaded the individual and will try to finish my platinum run tonite after my shift.   good luck and hope this helps.

the single act loading worked got my platinum last night

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 18 (3,174 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 11, 2013

I have the EXACT SAME problem. So I tried deleting the game data and reinstalling only i chose NOT to install the 2.00 software update. It still did nothing but it got me at least to a loading screen before just sitting there and telling me its loading but nothing happning

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 18 (2,870 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
64 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 26, 2013

Just found this thread....i too am having the same problem (On a PS3 Slim - 160GB But switched to a 1TB HDD)- but mine is occuring much earlier in the game!!! I wanted to start a new save game to do a trophy run, and right after MKII I decided to save and take a break - now EVERY time I try to load this save - it crashes to the XMB!!

Now, I have a save game right around the same place from version 1.00, loaded it and it didn't crash :smileysad: I'm going to try starting a new game and seeing if that works....I can't remember if they patched the game after the 2.00 update or not.  This really sucks tho - and it seems like none of you have found a fix!! I really want to play this game through again and earn the trophies before Metal Gear Rising: Revengance comes out. 

So Far I've Tried:

Cleaning the disc with the proper material (Forgot the name)

Using Dust-Off to clean my PS3 thoroughly

And Un-installing the data (Not by deleting the actual data from the XMB, but going to the Install Option on the Menu and selecting Uninstall - and then did a Re-install (Full).

I'm waiting throough the David Hayter, etc...interview portion now, and am intending on saving the game immediately when I can, and then trying to load it from the title screen - just to see if it's a permanent problem, or if it was that save some-how.  God I hope it was just the save :smileysad: This is one of my most favorite games, and I'd really enjoy another playthrough without having to worry about it crashing when I reach a certain point!!

Any Help would be GREATLY appreciated!! Thanks guys

EDIT:  Like I said, I was going to attempt to start a new game, save automatically, and then quit.  It Loaded fine - I hope I don't encounter that problem again :smileysad:

EDIT2: I'm going to create a save in the EXACT spot where I had the problem last time (But I'm going to continue on and then save in a different spot) to see if maybe it's certain locations in the game where this error occurs.  I honestly hope it was something to do with the savegame, because I would hate to lose my progress due to this :smileysad:  I'm going to save in different slots every milestone, so if it does occur with one save I can go back and not lose too much progress!

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 18 (2,812 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 17, 2013

So does anyone know if they are doing anything to fix this problem if possible? I have one of the newer sliding top ps3s, and on mine no matter if I chose to install it all or do it separately it doesn't get past the first instal before the main menu. I have tried everything from deleting everything and trying agin to not updating at all and even trying to play it offline, all with the same result. I realise the problem is with the ps3 not reading the disk properly but there must be some way to fix it cos otherwise there must be allot of angry metal gear fans out there who's game stored working. 

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 18 (2,645 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

May 2, 2013

Shade_nightclaw wrote:

mines acting even more bizzare, i just got the game, there is not even a fingerprint on the disc, i got to update it for the first time to 2.0 and then it says please wait, afterwords the screen goes black, my system beeps rapidly, the power button locks and i cant even hit the ps home button to get back to the main menu, no other game ive been playing does this.

I am in the same boat - any idea what you did that fixed it? It is doing this on both of my slims.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 18 (2,467 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 28, 2013

Hey, I fixed my issue on Metal Gear Solid 4 in Act 4 (Shadow Moses).

What you have to do is delete the ver.2 data for the act you want to play, it will not get rid of the ability to obtain trophies, The problem is ver.2, the loading screen's are broken in that version of the game. Just delete the data for ver.2 in all the act's and it will work.

-SolidSnake710

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 18 (2,374 Views)
0 Likes