Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 08 2012
By: Se7en_Gunz First Son 31 posts

MGS4 v2.00 loading issues anyone? Due to PS3 Slim?

17 replies 5724 views Edited Aug 8, 2012

I asume like myself, many of the MGS fans have returned to Snake's "Final Mission" since trophies have been added, giving incentive to our replay value of the game.  However I am sure a handful of us are having issues during the loading screens. And I figured I'd make a thread for us to address and resolve the issue.

I've tried these fixes to no avail:
- Cleaning the disc
- Trying a different MGS4 disc
- Reinstalling the Game Data

None of these worked as they usually do. And I did some searching before I came here. I noticed a common property in each person's post.

- They were all using PS3 Slims

Now I've never had trouble playing MGS4 on my  PS3 fatty, but she died in february ;_;  My loading error comes in after the cutscene where Snake first encounters the Beauty Beast Unit. It would load for about a minute, and then just go back to the XMB.

I'd like to press forward on my trophy run for this game, so it would be greatly appreciated if anyone with the same problem has a solution please post it. Anyone else who is going through the same issue do post your case here. Maybe we can get Sony to look into it and find a patch REAL SOON.

Message 1 of 18 (5,724 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Re: MGS4 v2.00 loading issues anyone? Due to PS3 Slim?

[ Edited ]
Aug 8, 2012

I am using a slim and I am on Act 3 Motercycle chase. I haven't had a single problem at all. I am aware that the PS3 will go back to the XMB randomly sometimes, Happened to my PS3 fat on MGO and other games. I have no real other information other than to try one more time or skip the cutscene. IF it is going back to the XMB it could be the  game doesn't load correctly after that cutscene and resets to prevent a freeze. If that is the case your disc may be somewhat damaged, small scratch.

Try skipping it or waiting a while and trying again, a few hours. It may just be bad timing, happened to me with another game.

**Edit- Didn't see that you used multiple discs. It could be your disk drive? has this happened with another game frequently?**

metal gear solid 4 1920x1200
Message 2 of 18 (5,721 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Aug 8, 2012

Also please elaborate have you played MGS4 on the slim before the trophy patch or not? I am asking because you do not get a trophy after or during that cutscene so the trophy patch would have nothing to do with the game not loading properly.

Message 3 of 18 (5,715 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1904 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 8, 2012

I'm on a slim, and I'm having issues of the game not saving. The last two nights I've been playing and I get to the hotel to meet up with Rat Patrol, but if I save and quit, when I load the game later, it keeps loading from when I meet MK II... So I keep having to replay all over again.

I'm getting the trophies just fine but I'm getting tired of replaying the same levels over again.

Message 4 of 18 (5,714 Views)
First Son
31 posts

Aug 8, 2012

I had not played mgs4 on the slim prior to the patch. Some of the people who posted the issue date back to as far as 2010.  So most likely its not the recent patch, but probably the slim ps3 itself has issues with the game.

Message 5 of 18 (5,710 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Aug 8, 2012

Well I have one and have not had a single issue with it...It could be...the slim has a higher chance to fail, my Fallout 3 and NV games have weird audio skips never happened on my old 60 Gig. I would try to skip the cutscene if it still fails wait a while, like I said a few hours, and give it a try that will sometimes fix a problem.

Message 6 of 18 (5,706 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Aug 8, 2012

I don't think I can help with this...does it show the saved data before you turn the game off? Like if you saved than quit to the main menu, not the XMB, and tried loading will it be there or only after the system is turned off?

Message 7 of 18 (5,705 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1904 posts

Aug 8, 2012

When it loads, it just shows the Red Zone as the last save. I think Im just gonna delete it all, data and saves included and start over again...

Message 8 of 18 (5,692 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 10, 2012

The same thing happened to me!  I have a slim and played a couple months ago and it worked fine.  I wanted to get the trophies so i decided to play again,  however when I get to the Advent Palace in Act 1 it tries to load but goes black and kicks me to the XMB!  Ive been trying everything for the past three days and literaly just got done trying a different copy and it still didnt work :smileysad: This really sucks.

Message 9 of 18 (5,666 Views)
First Son
12 posts

Sep 1, 2012

mines acting even more bizzare, i just got the game, there is not even a fingerprint on the disc, i got to update it for the first time to 2.0 and then it says please wait, afterwords the screen goes black, my system beeps rapidly, the power button locks and i cant even hit the ps home button to get back to the main menu, no other game ive been playing does this.

Message 10 of 18 (5,582 Views)
0 Likes