PlayStation MVP
33216 posts

Re: MGS4 is getting trophy support!!!

[ Edited ]
Aug 2, 2012

Stealth1986 wrote:
@VRFOX - In the podcast, they states that the reason the full install wasn't included was because of limited harddrive space in the first batch of PS3's and they didn't wanna take up the bilk of that memory... That's why they didn't do the full installs... X(

40 and 60GB were too small?! jeez, how big is the full install going to be? i dont think any game to date as ever exceeded 6GB for install data. hell, im still using my 60GB PS3 and ive had no issue with storage.

i think theyre just trying to cover their **bleep** for being stupid. :smileytongue:

Message 21 of 121 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3856 posts

Aug 2, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

Stealth1986 wrote:
@VRFOX - In the podcast, they states that the reason the full install wasn't included was because of limited harddrive space in the first batch of PS3's and they didn't wanna take up the bilk of that memory... That's why they didn't do the full installs... X(

40 and 60GB were too small?! jeez, how big is the full install going to be? i dont think any game to date as ever exceeded 6GB for install data. hell, im still using my 60GB PS3 and ive had no issue with storage.

i think theyre just trying to cover their **bleep** for being stupid. :smileytongue:

Gran Turismo 5 is over 10 GB... :/

photo Big-Boss-and-DD-Banner_zpsadb52d17.jpg
Message 22 of 121 (225 Views)
PlayStation MVP
33216 posts

Aug 2, 2012

WillyMGS wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

Stealth1986 wrote:

really?

well that games production was a mess, so who cares about it. :smileytongue:

Message 23 of 121 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1881 posts

Aug 2, 2012

WillyMGS wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

Stealth1986 wrote:

Yeah the GT5 install is huge. There's like an 8GB mandatory, and then another optional one (which is more or less required if you don't want to sit through insane load times, which still take forever), then you go adding in patches/updates it's probably well over 15-20GB by now. I pity anyone just now buying the game, having to sit through like 4-5+ hours of just installs. :smileyvery-happy:

Either way, gonna miss smoking with Snake before each act. Seemed to be the only times in the whole game where he could actually stop and enjoy a cigarette. :smileysad:

Message 24 of 121 (214 Views)
Fender Bender
3856 posts

Aug 3, 2012

DevilishBoredom wrote:

WillyMGS wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

Stealth1986 wrote:

Yeah the GT5 install is huge. There's like an 8GB mandatory, and then another optional one (which is more or less required if you don't want to sit through insane load times, which still take forever), then you go adding in patches/updates it's probably well over 15-20GB by now. I pity anyone just now buying the game, having to sit through like 4-5+ hours of just installs. :smileyvery-happy:

Either way, gonna miss smoking with Snake before each act. Seemed to be the only times in the whole game where he could actually stop and enjoy a cigarette. :smileysad:

Yeah... that's why I no longer care about installs after I changed the original 40 GB HDD with a 300 GB one lololol

photo Big-Boss-and-DD-Banner_zpsadb52d17.jpg
Message 25 of 121 (209 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41298 posts

Aug 3, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

Stealth1986 wrote:

Wasn't each Act in MGS4 ~5GB?  I think I recall reading earlier on, the PS3 had roughly a 5GB limit on installs (?) which is why MGS4 was split the way it was: it was kind of getting around this by installing each Act over the other while keeping it in that ballpark.  I think Capcom's MT Framework games with the mandatory installs also were in the 5GB range.  They seemed to have dropped the rule when they rolled out the larger HDDs standard in PS3s.

And Japan is getting the patch Aug 6th:

The long-awaited Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots trophy patch will arrive in Japan on Monday, August 6, according to a Kojima Productions tweet.

In addition to adding trophies, the patch will also allow players to install the full game to their hard-drive, rather than in 5 gigabyte segments for each chapter.

Message 26 of 121 (207 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
33216 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 3, 2012

trophies!

Bronze Trophies:

• Divine Wind - Caused a “divine wind” using the Tanegashima.
  • Drum Can Addict - Knocked an enemy soldier flying using a Drum Can.
  • Emotion Control - Controlled an enemy soldier’s emotions using an Emotive Magazine.
  • Hand Up! - Held an enemy soldier at gunpoint and performed a body check.
  • Hurt Me More! - Shocked an enemy soldier using the Mk. II/III.
  • Overhead View, Just Like Old Times… - Used overhead view on Shadow Moses Island.
  • That Tune Is His Mind Control Music - Played Oishii Two-han Seikatsu and made one of the BB Corps dance.
  • You Enjoy All The Killing, That’s Why - Killed many enemies in one area, and vomited.

Silver Trophies:

• Are You an Otaku, too? - Viewed all model posters.
  • Can You Feel My Power Now!!!? - Took control of an enemy soldier’s body using the Mantis Doll or Sorrow Doll.
  • FaceCamo Addict - Obtained 10 or more types of FaceCamo (excluding types obtained via password).
  • Ghost Photography Addict - Snapped at least 5 shots of ghosts on Shadow Moses Island.
  • I Just Don’t Fear Death - Caused ALERT status while wearing the Corpse Camo.
  • SUNLIGHT! - Obtained the Solar Gun.
  • Where I can See Ya - Located enemy soldiers using the Scanning Plug.
  • You’re Pretty Good - Got kissed by Ocelot during the final battle.

Gold Trophies:

• Flashback Mania - Viewed all flashbacks.
  • I am THE Expert on Weapons, Equipment and Cutting-Edge Technology - Obtained all weapons (excluding weapons obtained via password).
  • Sounds of the Battlefield - Obtained all iPod tracks (excluding tracks obtained via password).

Platinum Trophy:

• The Legendary Hero - Obtained all trophies.

haha, they took my trophy idea! :smileyvery-happy:

all-in-all, those trophies are easy.

Message 27 of 121 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8439 posts

Aug 3, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

trophies!

Bronze Trophies:

• Emotion Control - Controlled an enemy soldier’s emotions using an Emotive Magazine.
  • Overhead View, Just Like Old Times… - Used overhead view on Shadow Moses Island.
  • That Tune Is His Mind Control Music - Played Oishii Two-han Seikatsu and made one of the BB Corps dance.
  • You Enjoy All The Killing, That’s Why - Killed many enemies in one area, and vomited.

Silver Trophies:

• Can You Feel My Power Now!!!? - Took control of an enemy soldier’s body using the Mantis Doll or Sorrow Doll.
  • FaceCamo Addict - Obtained 10 or more types of FaceCamo (excluding types obtained via password).
  • Ghost Photography Addict - Snapped at least 5 shots of ghosts on Shadow Moses Island.

Gold Trophies:

• I am THE Expert on Weapons, Equipment and Cutting-Edge Technology - Obtained all weapons (excluding weapons obtained via password).
  • Sounds of the Battlefield - Obtained all iPod tracks (excluding tracks obtained via password).

Platinum Trophy:

Surprised they didn't do the "GET ALL THE MEDALS", was at least expecting a Big Boss run trophy. Seems like an easy Platinum, can be done in one playthrough, right? :smileymad:

Message 28 of 121 (180 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
33216 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 3, 2012

VR_F0X wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

trophies!

Bronze Trophies:

Silver Trophies:

Gold Trophies:

Platinum Trophy:

Surprised they didn't do the "GET ALL THE MEDALS", was at least expecting a Big Boss run trophy. Seems like an easy Platinum, can be done in one playthrough, right? :smileymad:

you could do it all in 1 playthrough if you want to. would be kind of hard though considering that 1 playthrough would have to be a Big Boss run. since you need The Patriot to get the weapons trophy, and you need to get the Big Boss rank to get The Patriot.

im not entirely sure though, since it says it excludes weapons you get from passwords. you can unlock the Patriot from a password,

however does that mean that weapons obtained from passwords dont count, meaning you need to obtain them in-game. or does it mean the weapons dont count at all?

Message 29 of 121 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8589 posts

Aug 4, 2012

VR_F0X wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

trophies!

Bronze Trophies:

Silver Trophies:

Gold Trophies:

Platinum Trophy:

That's not all of the trophies anyway. They said there were 34 trophies. Those are only 20.

Take back the future
Message 30 of 121 (165 Views)
0 Likes