Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Re: MGS: Ground Zeroes=Meh

Sep 10, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

ygoloib wrote:

probably time for a new lead in MGS like a grownup kick a$s Sunny :womanhappy:. also MGS series will official be done if they created an MGS MMO.

They really should probably break away from the 'Snake' timeline about now.  Just kind of wondering where they'd go if they break away from the whole Patriots thing now.  Would they do something parallel to past events (1960s, 1970s, etc.) but not related at all to what was happening or what?  Maybe start post-MGS1 after the Metal Gear REX blueprints were on the black market and go from there so in a way, it's canon but it pulls away into it's own thing while still having the Metal Gears in play but not having the Patriots or Snake in the limelight.

And doing that I guess Kojima could finally part ways with MG and start working on other projects. With GS coming up and MGS5 (maybe?) I think Snake's story is waaaay past its ending.

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 96 (593 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3810 posts

Sep 10, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

SergeantVincent wrote:

http://www.konami.jp/mg25th/truth/

Guise. Portable Ops isn't there. I dunno who makes the websites or anything like that, but is this implying something?

Don't get me wrong, I thought it was fun. Not important to the story, but fun. BUT! Is Kojima starting to count it as non-canon?

no.

its just that theres nothing to say about the game. theres still aspects of Portable Ops that have to remain canon for stuff to make sense.

mainly how Big Boss got the cash to make MSF and the whole FOX/FOXHOUND thing. oh, and the creation of The Patriots.

Well, seeing that from an official MGS site, I decided to check on what the interactive timeline from the MGS site had to say...

asdf.jpg

But... if you click on the events listed on 1970...

asdf2.jpg

Conclusion: The San Hieronymo Incident where Big Boss gathered some guys with Campbell and kicked off the revolted FOX unit and destryoed some Metal Gears... It did happen. MPO on the other hand... It didn't.

:smileyindifferent:

photo Big-Boss-and-DD-Banner_zpsadb52d17.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 96 (587 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
481 posts

Sep 10, 2012
So what you're concluding is that the events in MPO happened, but not MPO?
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 96 (584 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1881 posts

Sep 10, 2012

WillyMGS wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

SergeantVincent wrote:

Guise. Portable Ops isn't there. I dunno who makes the websites or anything like that, but is this implying something?

Don't get me wrong, I thought it was fun. Not important to the story, but fun. BUT! Is Kojima starting to count it as non-canon?

no.

its just that theres nothing to say about the game. theres still aspects of Portable Ops that have to remain canon for stuff to make sense.

mainly how Big Boss got the cash to make MSF and the whole FOX/FOXHOUND thing. oh, and the creation of The Patriots.

Well, seeing that from an official MGS site, I decided to check on what the interactive timeline from the MGS site had to say...

asdf.jpg

asdf2.jpg

Conclusion: The San Hieronymo Incident where Big Boss gathered some guys with Campbell and kicked off the revolted FOX unit and destryoed some Metal Gears... It did happen. MPO on the other hand... It didn't.

I smell a future remake... :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 96 (583 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
32191 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 11, 2012

WillyMGS wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

SergeantVincent wrote:

no.

asdf.jpg

asdf2.jpg

it just looks like theyre downplaying the game itself while keeping the story and other elements intact. like MPO never existed but the events in the game did.

perhaps Kojima is planing on retconing a bunch of things. maybe the burned man is Python! what a twist! :smileysurprised:

also, is that a Big Boss wallpaper you have on your desktop? :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 96 (577 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Sep 11, 2012
Konami person in charge of inputting data on the timeline realized PO was crap from a gameplay perspective and didn't want to play through it for the info to add?

Makes sense.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 96 (568 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8057 posts

Sep 11, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

Most reasonable answer.  MGS is a sure fire way to make money while seeing how a potentially risky idea/mechanic works.  Much easier sell than trying to get the green light on a new IP built around the mechanics.  Just tell the suits "New MGS" and go from there.  Sad as that is.

at least he still has heart when making new MGS games and isnt just making them for money.

i pray that MGS never winds up like Final Fantasy. you know, a good series with good games suddenly being whored out with horrible sequel after horrible sequel, that no one asked for, about the worst FF game ever made. inb4 FOX argues that thats already happened to MGS. :smileymad:

Lol. Are you kidding me? As an example, just look at the characters in PW and tell me that they are near the same quality as the previous games, even PO had better, original characters.

If he wasn't doing it for the money he would have dropped MGS after one of the multiple times he said he was going to do it. :smileymad:

blahblahblah. you hate MGS, i dont care what you have to say.

You blindly love MGS, I don't care what you have to say. :smileymad:

i gues you can say i "blindly love" MGS. same thing can pretty much be said for everyone else here too.

im a huge fan of the series and all the games. yeah they have their faults, but they are still great, i enjoy playing them and i like the MGS story. one of the best series ive ever played in my opinion.

but you hate MGS, so obviously you wouldnt care what fans have to say about it.

No. I am a fan, a fan of what the series used to be. People here might love the series, but they are still aware that the series is getting milked. You need to get over the fact that I don't like MGS3 and PW as much as you do, instead of getting all angsty.

What does even caring about what the fans have to say have anything to do with anything? Not like they have ever been right in the past. :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 96 (557 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
32191 posts

Sep 11, 2012

VR_F0X wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

Most reasonable answer.  MGS is a sure fire way to make money while seeing how a potentially risky idea/mechanic works.  Much easier sell than trying to get the green light on a new IP built around the mechanics.  Just tell the suits "New MGS" and go from there.  Sad as that is.

at least he still has heart when making new MGS games and isnt just making them for money.

i pray that MGS never winds up like Final Fantasy. you know, a good series with good games suddenly being whored out with horrible sequel after horrible sequel, that no one asked for, about the worst FF game ever made. inb4 FOX argues that thats already happened to MGS. :smileymad:

Lol. Are you kidding me? As an example, just look at the characters in PW and tell me that they are near the same quality as the previous games, even PO had better, original characters.

If he wasn't doing it for the money he would have dropped MGS after one of the multiple times he said he was going to do it. :smileymad:

blahblahblah. you hate MGS, i dont care what you have to say.

You blindly love MGS, I don't care what you have to say. :smileymad:

i gues you can say i "blindly love" MGS. same thing can pretty much be said for everyone else here too.

im a huge fan of the series and all the games. yeah they have their faults, but they are still great, i enjoy playing them and i like the MGS story. one of the best series ive ever played in my opinion.

but you hate MGS, so obviously you wouldnt care what fans have to say about it.

No. I am a fan, a fan of what the series used to be. People here might love the series, but they are still aware that the series is getting milked. You need to get over the fact that I don't like MGS3 and PW as much as you do, instead of getting all angsty.

What does even caring about what the fans have to say have anything to do with anything? Not like they have ever been right in the past. :smileymad:

hows life behind those 4 inch Coke bottle lense nostalgia goggles? of course the series isnt what it used to be and it never will be again, get over it, no need to beat a dead horse day after day about how the series is declining. we all know MGS used to be better, but its still good. stop dwelling on the post, stop dwelling on the negative and stop being the grumpy old guy who always biasly talks about "how good things used to be".

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 96 (549 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8057 posts

Sep 11, 2012

the_original_se wrote:
hows life behind those 4 inch Coke bottle lense nostalgia goggles? of course the series isnt what it used to be and it never will be again, get over it, no need to beat a dead horse day after day about how the series is declining. we all know MGS used to be better, but its still good. stop dwelling on the post, stop dwelling on the negative and stop being the grumpy old guy who always biasly talks about "how good things used to be".

It has nothing to do with nostalgia, I am very well aware that it isn't going to be the same. I have a problem with the quality. If they want to carry on milking the series, a heavily story focused series, I would rather some actual effort was put into it instead of flogging the dead horse that is this whole Big Boss missing link nonsense.

The only game I have ever be actively down on is PW, and that is because it is a terrible mess aimed at teenage school kids. Ground Zeroes I am giving a chance, even though I would rather it be a new IP, and Rising is something I will probably pick up. I am no where as negative as you make me out to be, I just have my expectations in check. :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 96 (546 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
32191 posts

Sep 11, 2012

VR_F0X wrote:

the_original_se wrote:
hows life behind those 4 inch Coke bottle lense nostalgia goggles? of course the series isnt what it used to be and it never will be again, get over it, no need to beat a dead horse day after day about how the series is declining. we all know MGS used to be better, but its still good. stop dwelling on the past, stop dwelling on the negative and stop being the grumpy old guy who always biasly talks about "how good things used to be".

It has nothing to do with nostalgia, I am very well aware that it isn't going to be the same. I have a problem with the quality. If they want to carry on milking the series, a heavily story focused series, I would rather some actual effort was put into it instead of flogging the dead horse that is this whole Big Boss missing link nonsense.

The only game I have ever be actively down on is PW, and that is because it is a terrible mess aimed at teenage school kids. Ground Zeroes I am giving a chance, even though I would rather it be a new IP, and Rising is something I will probably pick up. I am no where as negative as you make me out to be, I just have my expectations in check. :smileymad:

quality? the quality of the games has always been the same if not gotten better.

your disdain for Big Boss seems to be ruining everything for you, which is tough luck because hes sticking around and games will be made about him. stop dwelling on the negative.

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 96 (537 Views)
0 Likes