Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/31/2005
Online
8237 posts
 

Re: MGS: Ground Zeroes=Meh

Sep 9, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

Most reasonable answer.  MGS is a sure fire way to make money while seeing how a potentially risky idea/mechanic works.  Much easier sell than trying to get the green light on a new IP built around the mechanics.  Just tell the suits "New MGS" and go from there.  Sad as that is.


at least he still has heart when making new MGS games and isnt just making them for money.

i pray that MGS never winds up like Final Fantasy. you know, a good series with good games suddenly being whored out with horrible sequel after horrible sequel, that no one asked for, about the worst FF game ever made. inb4 FOX argues that thats already happened to MGS. :smileymad:


Lol. Are you kidding me? As an example, just look at the characters in PW and tell me that they are near the same quality as the previous games, even PO had better, original characters.

 

If he wasn't doing it for the money he would have dropped MGS after one of the multiple times he said he was going to do it. :smileymad:


blahblahblah. you hate MGS, i dont care what you have to say.


You blindly love MGS, I don't care what you have to say. :smileymad:

 

Message 21 of 96 (290 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 11/23/2008
Online
545 posts
 

Re: MGS: Ground Zeroes=Meh

Sep 10, 2012
Hey! As do I! :smileyvery-happy:
Message 22 of 96 (287 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 06/15/2006
Online
41073 posts
 

Re: MGS: Ground Zeroes=Meh

Sep 10, 2012

I don't think you have to worry about MGS ending up like FF because FF follows it's own individual stories sans some unique cases (X, XIII, VII).  It'll only be a problem if we start getting sequels to a MGS title/spin-off/point in time that is hated by a majority (a.k.a. FFXIII).  For instance, if we got a Drebin installment and Kojima released 2 more sequels when there are other deserving characters, then he's crossed into that territory :smileyvery-happy:

 

I can understand Kojima wanting to keep his hand in on MGS though.  Just reading the stuff about the NES MGS and Konami green lighting Snake's Revenge obviously has the guy worried about what will happen to his series if he leaves Konami making the decisions.  They'll muck up everything especially if they go and start saying 'this is canon'.


Message 23 of 96 (285 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 09/13/2008
Offline
180 posts
 

Re: MGS: Ground Zeroes=Meh

Sep 10, 2012

probably time for a new lead in MGS like a grownup kick a$s Sunny :womanhappy:. also MGS series will official be done if they created an MGS MMO.

Message 24 of 96 (282 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 06/15/2006
Online
41073 posts
 

Re: MGS: Ground Zeroes=Meh

Sep 10, 2012

ygoloib wrote:

probably time for a new lead in MGS like a grownup kick a$s Sunny :womanhappy:. also MGS series will official be done if they created an MGS MMO.


They really should probably break away from the 'Snake' timeline about now.  Just kind of wondering where they'd go if they break away from the whole Patriots thing now.  Would they do something parallel to past events (1960s, 1970s, etc.) but not related at all to what was happening or what?  Maybe start post-MGS1 after the Metal Gear REX blueprints were on the black market and go from there so in a way, it's canon but it pulls away into it's own thing while still having the Metal Gears in play but not having the Patriots or Snake in the limelight.

 

I've been watching Planetside 2 footage on Youtube and that could probably be a direction for a MGS MMO.

 


Message 25 of 96 (276 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/31/2005
Online
8237 posts
 

Re: MGS: Ground Zeroes=Meh

Sep 10, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

I can understand Kojima wanting to keep his hand in on MGS though.  Just reading the stuff about the NES MGS and Konami green lighting Snake's Revenge obviously has the guy worried about what will happen to his series if he leaves Konami making the decisions.  They'll muck up everything especially if they go and start saying 'this is canon'.


So instead of someone else mucking it up, Kojima wanted to do it himself? Makes sense I suppose. :smileymad:

Message 26 of 96 (269 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/28/2006
Online
32739 posts
 

Re: MGS: Ground Zeroes=Meh

Sep 10, 2012

VR_F0X wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

Most reasonable answer.  MGS is a sure fire way to make money while seeing how a potentially risky idea/mechanic works.  Much easier sell than trying to get the green light on a new IP built around the mechanics.  Just tell the suits "New MGS" and go from there.  Sad as that is.


at least he still has heart when making new MGS games and isnt just making them for money.

i pray that MGS never winds up like Final Fantasy. you know, a good series with good games suddenly being whored out with horrible sequel after horrible sequel, that no one asked for, about the worst FF game ever made. inb4 FOX argues that thats already happened to MGS. :smileymad:


Lol. Are you kidding me? As an example, just look at the characters in PW and tell me that they are near the same quality as the previous games, even PO had better, original characters.

 

If he wasn't doing it for the money he would have dropped MGS after one of the multiple times he said he was going to do it. :smileymad:


blahblahblah. you hate MGS, i dont care what you have to say.


You blindly love MGS, I don't care what you have to say. :smileymad:

 


i gues you can say i "blindly love" MGS. same thing can pretty much be said for everyone else here too.

im a huge fan of the series and all the games. yeah they have their faults, but they are still great, i enjoy playing them and i like the MGS story. one of the best series ive ever played in my opinion.

but you hate MGS, so obviously you wouldnt care what fans have to say about it.


Message 27 of 96 (263 Views)
Reply
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/28/2006
Online
32739 posts
 

Re: MGS: Ground Zeroes=Meh

Sep 10, 2012

ygoloib wrote:

probably time for a new lead in MGS like a grownup kick a$s Sunny :womanhappy:. also MGS series will official be done if they created an MGS MMO.


x2_e48e685.jpg


Message 28 of 96 (261 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/20/2008
Offline
7393 posts
 

Re: MGS: Ground Zeroes=Meh

Sep 10, 2012

http://www.konami.jp/mg25th/truth/

 

Guise. Portable Ops isn't there. I dunno who makes the websites or anything like that, but is this implying something?

 

Don't get me wrong, I thought it was fun. Not important to the story, but fun. BUT! Is Kojima starting to count it as non-canon?

Message 29 of 96 (259 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/28/2006
Online
32739 posts
 

Re: MGS: Ground Zeroes=Meh

[ Edited ]
Sep 10, 2012

SergeantVincent wrote:

http://www.konami.jp/mg25th/truth/

 

Guise. Portable Ops isn't there. I dunno who makes the websites or anything like that, but is this implying something?

 

Don't get me wrong, I thought it was fun. Not important to the story, but fun. BUT! Is Kojima starting to count it as non-canon?


no.

its just that theres nothing to say about the game. theres still aspects of Portable Ops that have to remain canon for stuff to make sense.

mainly how Big Boss got the cash to make MSF and the whole FOX/FOXHOUND thing. oh, and the creation of The Patriots.


Message 30 of 96 (255 Views)
Reply
0 Likes