Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 07 2012
By: ygoloib Lombax Warrior 178 posts

MGS: Ground Zeroes=Meh

95 replies 633 views Edited Sep 7, 2012

To me they should have save this for next gen since next gen is about 2 years away & knowing konami history this game will probably come out in 2 or even 3 years anyway. Also what's up with this game being called a prologue to MGS 5, this aint Gran Turismo. I don't want no in between story, just combine this game with 5 & add a new improved MGO & this game will be in business. Also the name is silly.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 96 (633 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Re: MGS: Ground Zeroes=Meh

Sep 7, 2012
Ground Zeroes is on the FOX engine which scales. They can do an 'extended' version on next-gen systems if they see fit and can tick all the feature boxes when they modify the game for those platforms (better textures/effects, more enemies, smarter AI, etc.). The engine is built for cross-gen so why not put out GZ if the game looks great now and stands more than well enough on current hardware? Releasing in this gen also gives them that large install base to target.

What's wrong with the game being a prologue? Allows them to focus on a specific instance without having to fit all this info/crap in on top of what they want to do with MGS5. MGS4 struggled with trying to answer things from MGS3 and MGS2 so I'm glad they're doing GZ which could answer some earlier questions, getting those out of the way, and not leaving all these questions to be answered in one game on top of trying to do their own thing with that specific title. You may not want an 'in between' story but others of us have been looking forward to seeing what happened to Big Boss & MSF between PW and MG. This could answer that.

As for MGO, I'd prefer if they just kept that stand alone. Release it on the PSN ($15-20 or even F2P) so it's not restricted to a certain point of time in the MGS series.

How is the name silly? The name is perfectly fine.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 96 (626 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7392 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 7, 2012

ygoloib wrote:

Also what's up with this game being called a prologue to MGS 5, this aint Gran Turismo. I don't want no in between story, just combine this game with 5  Also the name is silly.

It's a prologue to MGS5 because it is, what the **bleep** does Gran Turismo have to do with anything?

It's not an in-between story, do you even know what a prologue is?

See, that doesn't work because they're 2 completely different games.

You don't even know what the name means, nor do any of us. 

I'm not even going to get into what you said about next-gen. "THEY SHOULD SAVE IT FOR NEXT-GEN IN 2-3 YEARS SINCE THE GAME WILL COME OUT IN 2-3 YEARS, DURRR."

Get out, idiot.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 96 (620 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
31915 posts

Sep 7, 2012

ygoloib wrote:

To me they should have save this for next gen since next gen is about 2 years away & knowing konami history this game will probably come out in 2 or even 3 years anyway. Also what's up with this game being called a prologue to MGS 5, this aint Gran Turismo. I don't want no in between story, just combine this game with 5 & add a new improved MGO & this game will be in business. Also the name is silly.

35bu3x.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 96 (614 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8000 posts

Sep 7, 2012

We have been getting in between games for ages. Why he doesn't just make MGS5, or better yet a new IP, instead of making all these non-stories all over the place is anyone's guess. The names have always been silly. SNAKE EATER. PEACE WALKER. :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 96 (610 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3792 posts

Sep 8, 2012

Don't want the game, don't buy the game.

Simple as much.

Plus... do you even have any idea what "next-gen" will be about? What will be the gap they'll break?

It's funny how people talk about "next-gen" as if they have been there. I also want a time machine :smileysad:.

photo MGSV-Banner-4_zps217afef9.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 96 (604 Views)
PlayStation MVP
31915 posts

Sep 8, 2012

VR_F0X wrote:

We have been getting in between games for ages. Why he doesn't just make MGS5, or better yet a new IP, instead of making all these non-stories all over the place is anyone's guess. The names have always been silly. SNAKE EATER. PEACE WALKER. :smileymad:

but he is making new IPs. project OGRE, that game with human issues.

the real question is when we will even see them.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 96 (593 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
481 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 8, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

I bet you at next year's E3 we'll see a short teaser. Kind of like this.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 96 (590 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Sep 8, 2012
We'll get a teaser, we'll see 'O.G.R.E.' on the side of a vehicle and said tease will look mighty MGS-ish. Post-E3 interview, Kojima will talk about how Project Ogre started off as something different/new but he liked the way things were going and during development, saw a way to bring it into the MGS fold :smileyindifferent:

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 96 (585 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8000 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 8, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

We don't know what he is doing. Both those things could still turn out to be, or into, MGS.

My point is have you ever played MGS and then thought, "MAN! I WISH I COULD STEAL THIS JEEP AND DRIVE AROUND WRECKING THIS PLACE UP AND THEN CALL IN HELI-SUPPORT." I just do not understand why he keeps creating these non-stories to use these ideas. Wouldn't Ground Zeroes, the gameplay/concept/whatever, be better as a new IP? Something not related to this convoluted story, that wouldn't then just pile more on to it. Same with PO, PW.  I wouldn't be surprised if he had the idea for an open world game, and then pulled a Portable Ops and stuck MGS into it. :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 96 (561 Views)
0 Likes