Treasure Hunter
8651 posts

Re: Kojima Teasing Big Announcement for the Weekend?

Aug 17, 2010

SlashZaku wrote:
In other words, 'loosely' based. Maybe the same world/universe/timeline but in general, there are simple nods here and there.
I've tried my hand at fanfiction in...middle school? Granted, that was awhile back but the idea was to write a Gundam story with me and my friends taking up the pilot roles. I think I made it 10 pages in and looked the other way. I actually think I started another project later on by typing (the first was in a notebook) and it's probably sitting on this laptop. Might look into that now...

Nope. MGS4 was the first MGS title I bought on release and followed. The others were pretty much under the radar for me which was probably for the better. The experiences were that much 'fresher' going in not knowing anything really. I went into MGS2 not knowing about the Raiden backlash or how that was setup. I went into MGS3 not knowing when it really took place and such.

An old friend of mine got me into writing. It's a fun thing to do because of how much you can do when you write. In my current fic, I'm crossing over Logan's Run, The Wizard of Oz, Batman and Metal Gear Solid all into one. The story begins with Ocelot being the Sandman in charge of killing Bruce Wayne's parents because they had reached a certain age. This started the chain-reaction we all know and love with him growing up to be Batman. His Butler, Hal Emmerich supports him in this mission as Bruce eventually begins training and recruiting Jack, now playing the part of Robin(Who eventually grows out of the sidekick genre and becomes Raiden). Batman, having his life changed by the Sandman, vowed to defend people from other Sandmen.

One fateful day, he finds the one who killed his parents, attempting to do the same to another boy's parents. The pursuit for vengeance is on and he eventually ends up chasing him into a chemical factory. The pursuit ends in failure as Ocelot falls into a pit of deadly chemicals and succumbs to insanity. It is now several years into the future, Jack had grown up to be beaten to death by Ocelot and his body used in a terrible experiment to get back at Batman, one way or another. Here Ocelot, now known as The Joker, learns something interesting, that Jack was nothing more than a clone of ol' Bruce himself, and there were two others. His birth record tracked down, his real name is listed as David. No last name available. After being programmed by The Joker with nanomachines, he changes Raiden's name to Snake, and sends him on a mission to kill Bruce Wayne.

And this is where The Wizard Of Oz comes from, also the ending: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6-CidwhlQo#t=0m44s

The idea behind this is Paramedic and how she used to nag Naked Snake to death. Turns out it passed down through his genes and Snake got the worst of it with his rapid aging.

See how clever I am? I might as well be writing the next Assassins Creed(Which, by the way, I've got a script pretty much done for that. I'm waiting, Ubisoft).

Take back the future
Message 81 of 87 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2725 posts

Aug 17, 2010

Crimson_Ryan wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:
In other words, 'loosely' based. Maybe the same world/universe/timeline but in general, there are simple nods here and there.
I've tried my hand at fanfiction in...middle school? Granted, that was awhile back but the idea was to write a Gundam story with me and my friends taking up the pilot roles. I think I made it 10 pages in and looked the other way. I actually think I started another project later on by typing (the first was in a notebook) and it's probably sitting on this laptop. Might look into that now...

Nope. MGS4 was the first MGS title I bought on release and followed. The others were pretty much under the radar for me which was probably for the better. The experiences were that much 'fresher' going in not knowing anything really. I went into MGS2 not knowing about the Raiden backlash or how that was setup. I went into MGS3 not knowing when it really took place and such.

An old friend of mine got me into writing. It's a fun thing to do because of how much you can do when you write. In my current fic, I'm crossing over Logan's Run, The Wizard of Oz, Batman and Metal Gear Solid all into one. The story begins with Ocelot being the Sandman in charge of killing Bruce Wayne's parents because they had reached a certain age. This started the chain-reaction we all know and love with him growing up to be Batman. His Butler, Hal Emmerich supports him in this mission as Bruce eventually begins training and recruiting Jack, now playing the part of Robin(Who eventually grows out of the sidekick genre and becomes Raiden). Batman, having his life changed by the Sandman, vowed to defend people from other Sandmen.

One fateful day, he finds the one who killed his parents, attempting to do the same to another boy's parents. The pursuit for vengeance is on and he eventually ends up chasing him into a chemical factory. The pursuit ends in failure as Ocelot falls into a pit of deadly chemicals and succumbs to insanity. It is now several years into the future, Jack had grown up to be beaten to death by Ocelot and his body used in a terrible experiment to get back at Batman, one way or another. Here Ocelot, now known as The Joker, learns something interesting, that Jack was nothing more than a clone of ol' Bruce himself, and there were two others. His birth record tracked down, his real name is listed as David. No last name available. After being programmed by The Joker with nanomachines, he changes Raiden's name to Snake, and sends him on a mission to kill Bruce Wayne.

And this is where The Wizard Of Oz comes from, also the ending: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6-CidwhlQo#t=0m44s

The idea behind this is Paramedic and how she used to nag Naked Snake to death. Turns out it passed down through his genes and Snake got the worst of it with his rapid aging.

See how clever I am? I might as well be writing the next Assassins Creed(Which, by the way, I've got a script pretty much done for that. I'm waiting, Ubisoft).

Sounds, interesting. Which sight would it be on, fanfiction.net??

Message 82 of 87 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3860 posts

Aug 17, 2010

Wow Zaku, we pretty much have the same experience with MGS.

In my 10th birthday I think, 2001, a friend of mine gave me MGS1, and I was really amazed. He always talked about the game, the story, and stuff. Then I was into MGS, and like the next year I discovered that MGS2 was already out for PS2. Then I got a PS2 for my 12th birthday in 2003 (didn't asked for it Smiley Very Happy), and in that year's Christmas I got MGS2. In that time period, what I knew about MGS2 was that you started on a sort of ship, and that a certain woman called Olga was there, which was Sergei's daughter, and that was it. Back then MGS1 and MGS2 took me a lot of time to beat, months trying. The next year googling images of MGS (back then my English wasn't good), I got acknowledge with a new MGS game, MGS3 Snake Eater, and I saw an image of Snake in a jungle. I didn't know anything else. I first touched MGS3 when I rented it from a BlockBuster and played with the "I like MGS2" and started as Jack in 1964, and played up to retrieving the backpack from the trunk. I was like WTH, and then I just played Snake vs Monkey. When I finally got my own MGS3 like in 2005, THROUGH THE WHOLE **BLEEP**ING GAME I THOUGHT IT WAS SOLID SNAKE. I was with the idea Otacon developed a sort of Time Machine and made Solid Snake go to the past to met Young Ocelot or sort of stuff. It's crazy yeah, but in MGS not that much after seeing Vamp for the first time . When I beat the game (like 3 weeks or something) and saw the award in the ending cutscene, I was "ZOMG!!!!" and went sort of crazy for the week . And then MGS4 announcement. Followed EVERY single trailer, every single news, EVERY DAMM THING KOJIMA SAID. And that pretty much ruined the game not only for me, but also for all of us who made that mistake of overhyping, and I beat the game in a week. It was my first PS3 game, and it lasted for a week. Well, with MPO I followed the trailers too, but the info they gave was minimal.

Oh and Ryan, can I give you a suggestion? Since you have both Batman and MGS in the crossover, why not make Psycho Mantis to appear in as ScareCrow? His Batman Arkham Asylum appereance always reminded me of Mantis .

photo Big-Boss-and-DD-Banner_zpsadb52d17.jpg
Message 83 of 87 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8651 posts

Aug 18, 2010

mariofan09 wrote:

lol

I was just kidding, I made that up as I went.

Take back the future
Message 84 of 87 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3860 posts

Aug 18, 2010

Crimson_Ryan wrote:

mariofan09 wrote:

lol

Okay... You being a delta ranger has made you evil you know.

photo Big-Boss-and-DD-Banner_zpsadb52d17.jpg
Message 85 of 87 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8651 posts

Aug 18, 2010

WillyMGS wrote:

Crimson_Ryan wrote:

mariofan09 wrote:

lol

Okay... You being a delta ranger has made you evil you know.

That's part 2 of my fictitious fiction novel. See, I'm taking a note from Batman: Gotham Knight and changing the tie-ins after every installment while keeping the story the same. So, part one we've got Logan's Run, Wizard of Oz, Batman and Metal Gear. Part two we're going to have The Terminator, Knight Rider and Assassins Creed/Metal Gear/Batman. In the future, the Knights Templar use nanomachine technology to construct an overseeing network of computers to ensure the Assassin's destruction, known publicly as SkyNet, and in private as The Patriots. However, it's too smart and it creates these Terminator Knights to Terminate everyone. So this starts a war and leads to the creation of K.I.T.T, among others. However, K.I.T.T goes AWOL with help from Desmond Miles, a close friend of Bruce. They use his brain to track all movement of the Terminator Knights, giving them the tactical advantage.

With war breaking out all over the world against the Assassins, they can't hide for long. With funding from Wayne Enterprises, they establish an HQ with Batman in the lead, now going under the name Big Boss. They call themselves "Outer Heaven". Traveling the world recruiting like-minded and talented individuals to play the role of Soldier, and Assassin. With Desmond Miles using technology stolen from the Templar Knights, known as the Animus, he takes control of his Assassin heritage and joins the battle for the fate of the world.

Take back the future
Message 86 of 87 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2725 posts

Aug 18, 2010

HAHA, you got me. Kudos!!!!!!!!!!

Message 87 of 87 (10 Views)
0 Likes