Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
65 posts

Re: Gather Round, Newbies

Jul 26, 2012

I think, based on experience, that you will to redo the action to obtain the trophy. So if there is a "Acquire Big Boss Rank" trophy you need to redo it OR replay an old save file that you were working on it. For example if you were on act 5, any part of it, and was trying to get it all you would need to do is replay it till the end or, if you decieded to, after the Liquid Ocelot fight save and made a new save for the *complete file*. That would mean all you would have to do is watch some cutscenes.

metal gear solid 4 1920x1200
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 18 (223 Views)
Sackboy
481 posts

Jul 26, 2012
You guys should really listen to the podcast. They answer all these questions there! You would have to create a brand new save files for when the trophies come out.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 18 (210 Views)
PlayStation MVP
32218 posts

Jul 26, 2012

Speedy24xmax wrote:

Well One quick question for you guys Say you played MGS4 and played alot... When the trophies come out will we have to start a new file/new game or can we continue the game and get the trophies with all the DP's?

we probably will have to make a new save.

using an existing one would make obtaining trophies a bit too easy.

however, they could allow us to use and existing save but have to start a new game with it in order to get trophies.

although i doubt trophies will be retroactive, so if theres a trophy for getting all the weapons and your save already has all the weapons the trophy wont pop; youll have to start a new game and obtain the weapons again.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 18 (198 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8267 posts

Jul 26, 2012

Thank you kindly pplz

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 18 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7393 posts

Jul 27, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

Speedy24xmax wrote:

Well One quick question for you guys Say you played MGS4 and played alot... When the trophies come out will we have to start a new file/new game or can we continue the game and get the trophies with all the DP's?

however, they could allow us to use and existing save but have to start a new game with it in order to get trophies.

although i doubt trophies will be retroactive, so if theres a trophy for getting all the weapons and your save already has all the weapons the trophy wont pop; youll have to start a new game and obtain the weapons again.

Yeah. It'd be way too easy to download a BBE run save file off Gamefaqs for every trophy. 

I don't mind playing MGS4 a few more times. I kind of need a reason to.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 18 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3812 posts

Jul 27, 2012

SergeantVincent wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

Speedy24xmax wrote:

Yeah. It'd be way too easy to download a BBE run save file off Gamefaqs for every trophy. 

Same here. Trophies will be the reason that will make me replay MGS4 (besides playing a marathon or something like it...)

photo Big-Boss-and-DD-Banner_zpsadb52d17.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 18 (179 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
32218 posts

Jul 27, 2012

SergeantVincent wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

Speedy24xmax wrote:

well saves are PSN locked for trophies, so you cant use someone elses save anyway. :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 18 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2008 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 28, 2012

In regards to the opening post: I, for one, support the free right to necropost.

Necroposter

Peace amongst men living alongside one another is not a natural state. On the contrary, the natural state of man is that of war. War manifested not only by open hostilities, but also by the open threat of hostility. Peace, therefore, is a state that must be established by law.
--Immanuel Kant
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 18 (159 Views)
0 Likes