Fender Bender
2984 posts

Re: Emblem list and requirements for mgs4 single player

Aug 21, 2008

Mastafarian 3 wrote:
Nice, try ordering into Requirements and Rewards so its easier to read. I like how you explained the exact criteria too (For instance when you said no using Rations/Regains/Noodles, instead of saying don't use Healing Items).

ty i am going to try to organise them into runs also so you can maximize each playthrough will finish that later when i have more time

Message 11 of 15 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6810 posts

Aug 21, 2008

sedated wrote:

Odd_job wrote:

Here's my breakdown of getting the most out of each runthrough:

Preparation Run: A good 2nd run. Keep it at normal or hard, stock up on ammo (non-lethal, emotion bullets, and lethal ammo), get as many guns as you can, and get the solar gun if you haven't already. Go mainly for Assassin and Scorpion but if you can squeeze in some others, do it without getting caught more than 25 times.

After this you can do the Tarantula, Centipede, Spider, Jaguar, Panther, Leopard runs which will all take their own runs. It's pretty good practice too. Stock up on Or if you'd rather do them later, move onto the chicken run

Chicken run: Play on the Boss Extreme and learn all the shortcuts, enemy locations, etc. Use this to get a bunch of annoying emblems without worrying about getting caught or dying. So get any of these that you don't have already. Bear, Eagle, Blue Bird, Hawk, Ant & Gibbon, Tortoise, Rabbit, Bee, Gecko, Scarab, Frog, Inchworm, Lobster, Hyena, Hog, Pig, Cow, Crocodile, Giant Panda, Puma, and Chicken.

Make sure to buy/unlock any important guns you've missed and stock up on lethal ammo (especially the rail gun and M82A2). Do not use non-lethal ammo in this run. If you have to, make sure you pick more up or do one of the bug/big cat runs to buy more.

Big Boss Emblem run: Go for Big Boss and you'll also get Foxhound, Fox, Hound, Fox, Hound, Mantis, Wolf, Raven, Octopus, Pidgeon, and most likely Lttle Gray

Yup if you break them all down corectly you can have all emblems with 7 runs just takes a little pre planning

I think it's actually 8

and on an assassin's run you'll get scorpion not tarantula 

Message Edited by Odd_job on 08-21-2008 05:58 PM
Message 12 of 15 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
378 posts

Aug 21, 2008
Do the stats you earn before you die still count after you use a continue?
Message 13 of 15 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2984 posts

Aug 21, 2008

buster_nb wrote:
Do the stats you earn before you die still count after you use a continue?

Yes all stats count exept for items recieved after last save spot.

Message 14 of 15 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2984 posts

Aug 25, 2008

Odd_job wrote:

sedated wrote:

Odd_job wrote:

Here's my breakdown of getting the most out of each runthrough:

Preparation Run: A good 2nd run. Keep it at normal or hard, stock up on ammo (non-lethal, emotion bullets, and lethal ammo), get as many guns as you can, and get the solar gun if you haven't already. Go mainly for Assassin and Scorpion but if you can squeeze in some others, do it without getting caught more than 25 times.

After this you can do the Tarantula, Centipede, Spider, Jaguar, Panther, Leopard runs which will all take their own runs. It's pretty good practice too. Stock up on Or if you'd rather do them later, move onto the chicken run

Chicken run: Play on the Boss Extreme and learn all the shortcuts, enemy locations, etc. Use this to get a bunch of annoying emblems without worrying about getting caught or dying. So get any of these that you don't have already. Bear, Eagle, Blue Bird, Hawk, Ant & Gibbon, Tortoise, Rabbit, Bee, Gecko, Scarab, Frog, Inchworm, Lobster, Hyena, Hog, Pig, Cow, Crocodile, Giant Panda, Puma, and Chicken.

Make sure to buy/unlock any important guns you've missed and stock up on lethal ammo (especially the rail gun and M82A2). Do not use non-lethal ammo in this run. If you have to, make sure you pick more up or do one of the bug/big cat runs to buy more.

Big Boss Emblem run: Go for Big Boss and you'll also get Foxhound, Fox, Hound, Fox, Hound, Mantis, Wolf, Raven, Octopus, Pidgeon, and most likely Lttle Gray

Yup if you break them all down corectly you can have all emblems with 7 runs just takes a little pre planning

I think it's actually 8

and on an assassin's run you'll get scorpion not tarantula 

Message Edited by Odd_job on 08-21-2008 05:58 PM

youre rigth 8 i spoke to fast

Message 15 of 15 (154 Views)
0 Likes