Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
7393 posts

Re: Bring metal gear online back :(

Aug 23, 2012

VR_F0X wrote:

They shouldn't have made the tournament and survival specific to the expansion packs. It should have been there from the get go, same with female characters. You really should not have to pay extra money for stuff that you expect to be in the game anyway, especially since before release they were saying it was a full game in itself. It is fine with stuff like extra bits for your character or maps, but actually having the ability to get decent amounts of points being tied to DLC was a bit stupid.

I think they probably need to rework the way you get new gear for your character anyway. :smileymad:

Yeah, personally I didn't like that rewards system they had. It worked I guess, I just didn't like it. What they should do is something like, (please don't hate me) Halo Reach, where you get credits for every match you play, and if you do daily challenges you get more credits, and you can use those credits to buy things from the store and change the color of your character's gear whenever you want as opposed to buying the same thing over and over because you wanted a different color.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 39 (528 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8066 posts

Aug 23, 2012

SergeantVincent wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

They shouldn't have made the tournament and survival specific to the expansion packs. It should have been there from the get go, same with female characters. You really should not have to pay extra money for stuff that you expect to be in the game anyway, especially since before release they were saying it was a full game in itself. It is fine with stuff like extra bits for your character or maps, but actually having the ability to get decent amounts of points being tied to DLC was a bit stupid.

I think they probably need to rework the way you get new gear for your character anyway. :smileymad:

Yeah, personally I didn't like that rewards system they had. It worked I guess, I just didn't like it. What they should do is something like, (please don't hate me) Halo Reach, where you get credits for every match you play, and if you do daily challenges you get more credits, and you can use those credits to buy things from the store and change the color of your character's gear whenever you want as opposed to buying the same thing over and over because you wanted a different color.

I was trying to think of an example of a game that did that kind of thing right. I think using what they did in Halo Reach would be a good way of doing it. It was stupid trying to save up stupid amounts of points just because you wanted a red hat, or a red pair of gloves. You got points for playing standard games, but you got hardly any. Adding something like Daily Challenges would be a great way of improving it.

Another thing they could do is maybe have items unlock when you level up a skill to a certain rank. Each skill gives you a different item or maybe even something like a certain camo to use on items you have. Like if you used the Scanner skill you get the Hornet Stripe camo to use on your clothes. :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 39 (524 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
32207 posts

Aug 23, 2012

VR_F0X wrote:

thats the current gen of games for you.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 39 (517 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7393 posts

Aug 23, 2012

VR_F0X wrote:

SergeantVincent wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

I was trying to think of an example of a game that did that kind of thing right. I think using what they did in Halo Reach would be a good way of doing it. It was stupid trying to save up stupid amounts of points just because you wanted a red hat, or a red pair of gloves. You got points for playing standard games, but you got hardly any. Adding something like Daily Challenges would be a great way of improving it.

Exactly. And nowadays there's jackpots where you can get up to 30,000 credits. It's not hard to get the credits in Halo, as opposed to MGO where it was tedious and annoying having to play Survival at certain times, and then being stuck with a terrible team, where at the end of the two hours you only had enough to buy a generic vest.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 39 (507 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8066 posts

Aug 24, 2012

SergeantVincent wrote:
Exactly. And nowadays there's jackpots where you can get up to 30,000 credits. It's not hard to get the credits in Halo, as opposed to MGO where it was tedious and annoying having to play Survival at certain times, and then being stuck with a terrible team, where at the end of the two hours you only had enough to buy a generic vest.

It would make more sense to do it a similar way to Reach. Not only would it allow people to get customization credits or whatever, but if they do it the same way as Reach and have challenges with certain game types, it would get more people playing other stuff than just Team Deathmatch.

They should take ideas from other games that do well online, but keep the stuff that made MGO fun. :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 39 (494 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8347 posts

Aug 24, 2012

VR_F0X wrote:

SergeantVincent wrote:

It would make more sense to do it a similar way to Reach. Not only would it allow people to get customization credits or whatever, but if they do it the same way as Reach and have challenges with certain game types, it would get more people playing other stuff than just Team Deathmatch.

They should take ideas from other games that do well online, but keep the stuff that made MGO fun. :smileymad:

The only thing I want is: When you buy an item, you get it in all colors and camo. I was playing MGO as it was dying and for the first time, it felt so natural having something and then selecting a color or camo. No more waiting a week just to make sure you get a new color of something. It took so much time and made it so tedious.

Give us an in-game store, one item has all colors and camos. Same thing with everything. I want that so badly.

Take back the future
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 39 (491 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7393 posts

Aug 24, 2012

Crimson_Ryan wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

SergeantVincent wrote:

The only thing I want is: When you buy an item, you get it in all colors and camo. I was playing MGO as it was dying and for the first time, it felt so natural having something and then selecting a color or camo. No more waiting a week just to make sure you get a new color of something. It took so much time and made it so tedious.

Give us an in-game store, one item has all colors and camos. Same thing with everything. I want that so badly.

Or! Or...It could be like MGO1 where none of this **bleep** existed. One side was GRU, the other was Ocelots, both had unique characters.

...I miss MGO1 so much :'(

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 39 (485 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
32207 posts

Aug 24, 2012

SergeantVincent wrote:

Crimson_Ryan wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

SergeantVincent wrote:

Or! Or...It could be like MGO1 where none of this **bleep** existed. One side was GRU, the other was Ocelots, both had unique characters.

that would be boring as hell nowdays though. hell, even Peace Walker's half-assed multiplayer was more in-depth than MGO1. :smileyvery-happy:

they should just take the basics of MGO2 but add them with the customization/store features of Uncharted 3. U3 knows how to do a gimmicky multiplayer right.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 39 (479 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7393 posts

Aug 25, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

SergeantVincent wrote:

Crimson_Ryan wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

SergeantVincent wrote:

that would be boring as hell nowdays though. hell, even Peace Walker's half-assed multiplayer was more in-depth than MGO1. :smileyvery-happy:

they should just take the basics of MGO2 but add them with the customization/store features of Uncharted 3. U3 knows how to do a gimmicky multiplayer right.

MGO1 was the most fun online game I've ever played. Ever.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 39 (472 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
32207 posts

Aug 25, 2012

SergeantVincent wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

SergeantVincent wrote:

Crimson_Ryan wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

SergeantVincent wrote:

MGO1 was the most fun online game I've ever played. Ever.

it was fun then, but it would be boring nowdays.

its like Goldeneye 64. i remember playing that multiplayer for hours with friends and having a blast. played it a while ago with some friends and we got bored in a couple of rounds.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 39 (458 Views)
0 Likes