Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
4487 posts

Re: THis game is better than COD, why is it less popular?

Dec 13, 2010

stickmansam333 wrote:

MoH is a lot more realistic than COD theres a lot of crap in COD. in Crap Ops they got the timeline wrong, and also the FAMAS and AUG werent even made back then. on MoH,  when did terrorists get F2000.  Also, its cause MoH is older than COD and old MoH games did not have checkpoints (like, i failed the first level of MoH: Frontline a bazillion times before i beat it, was super hard cause i'd almost make it, but then get shot).

The AUG has been in the Austria Army from 1979 until present day. It was designed in the early 1970's . TheFamas was designed from 1967 to 1971. It started is service in the French military in 1978. All of this is facts . Black Ops is set during the Cold War started in 1957 and ended in 1991 . I'm sorry but both of those weapons were made during the Cold War . Next time maybe you should look something up before talking about things you don't know about.   

Free userbars
Message 21 of 58 (64 Views)
Fender Bender
3242 posts

Dec 20, 2010

Death8u4u wrote:

caldari_warrior wrote:

why?  What is your reasoning behind thinking this game is under developed?  If you can't back up what your opinion with informed statements then your nothing but an Activision fanboy and your statements mean nothing.

To start things off...Medal of Honor is run by EA.  A company that is well known for releasing some of the most pathetic add-on content ever.  They are also known for releasing "VIP" status, while a good thought, they fail to deliver completely in any regard.  Nobody feels like a "VIP" for getting remade maps with random game modes.  Or that joke of a mode they released in Medal of Honor...complete waste of time that was.

Furthermore, Medal of Honor gives you the absolute best guns in the game practically instantly.  There's no "unlocking" to be had.  Sure, you do technically unlock things, but for the last 8 or so ranks in each class you have nothing worth noting being unlocked.  Same goes for Bad Company 2 for that matter...something EA is also known for, making a complete grindfest of a game. 

Don't get me wrong, the game was fun, but after the first few hours things just lost their appeal completely.  There was nothing ground breaking about the game.

You're right about the last 2 paragraphs, but you fail to appreciate what the game is truly about, it's not about the bells and whistle like cod.   It's about having a balanced battlefield.    The team with the most skill wins, not the team who abuses the perks and guns the most.

Message 22 of 58 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1515 posts

Dec 23, 2010

Duality_18 wrote:

Death8u4u wrote:

caldari_warrior wrote:

why?  What is your reasoning behind thinking this game is under developed?  If you can't back up what your opinion with informed statements then your nothing but an Activision ****** and your statements mean nothing.

To start things off...Medal of Honor is run by EA.  A company that is well known for releasing some of the most pathetic add-on content ever.  They are also known for releasing "VIP" status, while a good thought, they **** to deliver completely in any regard.  Nobody feels like a "VIP" for getting remade maps with random game modes.  Or that joke of a mode they released in Medal of Honor...complete waste of time that was.

Furthermore, Medal of Honor gives you the absolute best guns in the game practically instantly.  There's no "unlocking" to be had.  Sure, you do technically unlock things, but for the last 8 or so ranks in each class you have nothing worth noting being unlocked.  Same goes for Bad Company 2 for that matter...something EA is also known for, making a complete grindfest of a game.

Don't get me wrong, the game was fun, but after the first few hours things just lost their appeal completely.  There was nothing ground breaking about the game.

You're right about the last 2 paragraphs, but you **** to appreciate what the game is truly about, it's not about the bells and whistle like cod.   It's about having a balanced battlefield.    The team with the most skill wins, not the team who abuses the perks and guns the most.

This is absolutely true, the first post about the DLC, and also what  you say  about the mechanics of  the COD games. MW2 stared to lose me and after seeing the clips of BO I didn't want to buy it. Id play the single player and rent it. It seems that the game is getting away from what a shooter is, a shooter. Cars and nukes are very creative, but I'm not looking for "ground  breaking" perks in a shooter, I'm looking for strategic maps that require shooting skills and some sneak and peek.

I like both games , I'm getting ready to put more time into MW2, I just get discouraged when someone jumps and hops down 3 stories firing akimbo weapons doing 360's  in mid air and shooting me in  the corner of a warehouse.Also there's the hackers.

Message 23 of 58 (64 Views)
Fender Bender
3242 posts

Dec 23, 2010

sithaer wrote:

....Yeah no. No game could even come close to being as under-developed and trashy as this game. Even the CODs have better quality than this.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire,   Socom Confrontations,  Rainbow 6 vegas 1 and 2,   Black ops on the ps3,  Haze,  Almost all video game's based off super hero movies.   These games are way worse than MOH in terms of quality,(I havent played black ops though, i'm just basing this off my friends opinions.)

Message 24 of 58 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
352 posts

Dec 24, 2010

sithaer wrote:

....Yeah no. No game could even come close to being as under-developed and trashy as this game. Even the CODs have better quality than this.

This is true. When Medal of Honor was first announced i thought i t was going to be the FPS ever made and possible one of the best shooters ever made. I thought it was going to start a lot of new trends that other gaming companies would get their ideas from Medal of Honor, but look how the game turned out. I was extremely disappointed that this was another half assed game.

Boricua_012 Trophy Card
Message 25 of 58 (64 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 2, 2011

JOIN OUR CLAN WIKB CHECK OUT WIKB.webs.com

Message 26 of 58 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

Feb 2, 2011

Duality_18 wrote:

.   It's about having a balanced battlefield.    

You are going to try and tell me that MoH's weapons are balanced? Is that why ever one runs around with a sniper rifle?

Free userbarsFree userbarsFree userbarsFree userbarsFree userbarsFree userbarsFree userbarsFree userbars
Message 27 of 58 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
111 posts

Feb 2, 2011

Mr_VonWolfhousen wrote:

Duality_18 wrote:

You are going to try and tell me that MoH's weapons are balanced? Is that why ever one runs around with a sniper rifle?

If you read the game hints it encourages you to use the "battle rifles"!!!

Your never get a complete balanced set of weapons as someone will always complain....

What the developers need to put in place is a limit on how many of each weapon we can have in a game at one time!!!!

Only have 2 snipers..

2 special op's..

2 MG's

And the remainder riflemen!!!

For each team... but the KDR slaughter merchants would be crying on the forums as they could'nt have the biggest & best all the time...

Message 28 of 58 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7092 posts

Feb 2, 2011

BFBC2 triumphs both of these games!  You really shouldn't even say either of these games in the same sentence with BFBC2 because it's just years ahead of them. 

When I played MoH I thought it was dog feces flat out...  I'll just leave it at that.  COD is just the same repetitive stuff over and over again.  Just camp in both games.

And as for the guy who commented on DICE's DLC, Vietnam, enough said!  Best DLC of 2010!  Enjoy these two games because we don't want campers on our Battlefield!  ....we'll just blow up the corner your camping in and bring the building down!

Message 29 of 58 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

Feb 3, 2011

saberdragon wrote:

Mr_VonWolfhousen wrote:

Duality_18 wrote:

If you read the game hints it encourages you to use the "battle rifles"!!!

Your never get a complete balanced set of weapons as someone will always complain....

What the developers need to put in place is a limit on how many of each weapon we can have in a game at one time!!!!

Only have 2 snipers..

2 special op's..

2 MG's

And the remainder riflemen!!!

For each team... but the KDR slaughter merchants would be crying on the forums as they could'nt have the biggest & best all the time...

And that sounds great in theory but how would you implement that in to the game?? Also what about all the deferent game modes what could have what ?

Free userbarsFree userbarsFree userbarsFree userbarsFree userbarsFree userbarsFree userbarsFree userbars
Message 30 of 58 (64 Views)
0 Likes