Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1538 posts

Re: Mass Effect 1 for PS3?

May 14, 2012

GreenWolfKnight wrote:

Almost all of the features from 2 up are better, so you really aren't missing much in terms of gameplay.

I disagree with this statement. Now Mass Effect 2 fixed most of the annoying issues with the first one but they stripped out all the RPG elements the first one had. Personally, I preferred to have my weapons overheat and have infinite ammo then to have to constantly be looking for it.

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 61 (1,068 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

May 14, 2012

I'm gonna dissagree with you on two counts.  Allthough I agree with the weapons overheat (seemed MORE realistic to me than the "thermal clips") and the fact that many (not ALL) of the rpg elements were stripped, the vast majority of what left the first one was junk and clutter.

The ability to micromanage your teams gear WAS awesome, but was taxed by the fact that different types of gear were almost impossible to compare ( finally fixed in ME3) where as the more limited gun set of 2 was more individual performance based.  The vehicle exploration had great potential, but was restricted by the massive amounts of nothing you would come across, a real time waster.  The weapons numerical upgrade system made sense, but became a money drain as the game pulled on (not to mention the digging around for that one specific gun you liked better), vs the resource expendature on individual reasearch upgrades for entire weapon catagories allowing you to keep using the gun you liked while benifiting from improvements.  Also, the level up system in 1 had WAY to many possible distribution combinations to make it effective.  Add to that that shepard also had to keep spending points to improve good/bad conversation options, and character growth was a mess to manage.

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 61 (1,068 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1538 posts

May 14, 2012

I guess it is just differing opinions. I don't like to have everything streamlined for me. I like have tons of different options on upgrade points and the other things you mention is part of the reason I love the first one.

I admit the vehicle exploration was a major pain but I wish it would have been left in but improved upon.

Mass Effect 2 was a great game and I really like I just wish they would not have streamlined it so much.

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 61 (1,068 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

May 15, 2012

& 3 is the illigitimate child of both. All those possible combinations of upgrading your character was what made 1  a good RPG, among other things aswell. In 2 we had barely any character evolution, but I liked the mining system. Can't stand 3's scan system and "quest" handling.

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 61 (1,068 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1538 posts

May 15, 2012

Yeah, each game has its strong points and they are all great games IMO.

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 61 (1,068 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jul 18, 2012

thats so not right because i have seen people on youtub play mass effect 2

for the ps3 and at the start they get different beginning then i do it

like they inported there game save from xbox or pc saves and put them on ps3 how did they do that

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 61 (1,003 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Sep 27, 2012

OMG, I never thought this would happen, Mass Effect 1 is coming to the PS3!!!  EA just announced the Mass Effect trilogy and ME1 is included (and you can buy the game on PSN if you have the first 2 games):

http://www.ps3trophies.org/news/news-7915-Mass-Effect-1-Finally-Coming-to-PS3-With-Mass-Effect-Trilo...

http://kotaku.com/5946590/mass-effect-trilogy-compilation-brings-the-first-mass-effect-to-playstatio...

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 61 (824 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 29, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

The reason we'll never see ME1 on PS3 is because MS owns the publishing rights to the first game. 

and the reason why its now on PS3?

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 61 (785 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Oct 7, 2012

Yungstar_2007 wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

The reason we'll never see ME1 on PS3 is because MS owns the publishing rights to the first game. 

and the reason why its now on PS3?

uh, this thread was started a year ago.  So by the time you typed it in, I was the one that brought this thread back.

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 61 (732 Views)
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Nov 16, 2012

Ok so I know that the Trilogy is coming out December 4th ( from what I have read) as a full price game with all the DLC for ME1 all the DLC that was on disc for ME2 when it launched and ME3 as is with no free DLC aside from the multiplayer packs you can download, I also know that ME1 will be a standalone title on the PSN for around $20.00 DLC availability is still pending and will be announced more than likely when the game goes live on the network the same day as the trilogy goes out, However I do have one question will Mass Effect 1 be available on a standalone Disc? I have the first 2 games and would prefer my set be all in disc format ( also my PS3 is old and is almost always pushing being full as it is) if any one finds anything that will tell me whether it will be in disc format I would be thank full.

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 61 (524 Views)
0 Likes