Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
493 posts

Re: Sniper Techniques

Sep 5, 2010

dotSilver wrote:

Irelands-Fallen wrote:
Not every head shot will be an instant kill...

Er... yes it will. If it's by a sniper rifle (any tier).

One thing I love about being a sniper is trying to find new places, found some pretty new and unconventional places when attacking Ravens E&F on dom.

One of the biggest tips I can give is to practice sniping while crouching or standing. You need to get used to the sway and learn how to control it, otherwise you may never survive in a match on Dom. If you can do this, you can find even more unique places to snipe from (or even a regular place where normal attackers would go past) and you can snipe around a corner.

Another tip is to use enemies as bait. If you kill someone that hasn't bled out, keep an eye on them to see if someone else comes to try and save their life. You can either take out the medic before he revives, or if you're skilled enough, wait for the revive then shoot them both.

that is a classic sniper move xD

Message 20 of 62 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
89 posts

Sep 6, 2010

This way of sniping takes practice, bt when ur used to it it works

If your going for realism, don't bother trying this method

My way of sniping is simple, its a mix of using the 1st teir special edition sniper, although the 2nd and 3rd teir snipers will always take someone out in at least 2 shots, the special edition requires 2 or 3 shots depending on the armour, before you start calling me a noob and what not consider this

ive gotten over 2500 sniper kills in a week and a half using this method, mainly because of my scope choice, the scope that comes with the weapon gives you variety, you can take out snipers 200 meters away, and then quickly focus on the guy 10-50 meters ahead of you by either scoping in on them, or hip firing. I do use a janus as a backup for snipers that are pain in the asses and require a scope that lets me focus in on them a little better for the easy head shot but other than that the Special Edition 1st teir is my weapon of chaos and destruction that i average over 30-40 kills a game with just in sabo.

Ive got a way that works for me, and its easier to learn than trying to be a long distance sniper

try it out and see how you like it

Message 21 of 62 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Sep 6, 2010

irelands-fallens #2 is VERY important, i cant count how many times ive seen an enemy sniper searchin for me at long range from behind or inbetween cover with a very very small gap to shoot them thru, if u miss that shot they will most likely spot you and put a bullet in ur head b4 u can move or fire again,,, learn when to fire and when to wait for it, and more importantly learn wat shots NOT to take (ie= all the way across the map thru a very small gap with no bipod) :smileywink:

one shot, one kill...... unless he has heavy armour, in that case ur screwed ~the.lonely.stoner~
Message 22 of 62 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
493 posts

Sep 30, 2010

wolf71288 wrote:

ok i got some more for ya guys regarding damages to APC's and turrets using the T3 SR

for the heavy APCs it takes about 10 rounds to destroy it

for the light APCs im not sure just yet but im thinking 5 - 8 shots

and for the bunker turrets it takes almost all your ammo (12 -15 rounds)

i still need to get some more data on how much it takes to take out a heli but i will have that soon

im gonna have to re test all these out now that 2.0 is out

Message 23 of 62 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5709 posts

Oct 3, 2010

Medium armor can survive 1 tier 3 sniper shot.  Most n00b snipers or those who want to keep their gear will go for the light and light+ armor, which is a 1 hit.

Here are some good countersniping loadouts that I've come up with.

Armor: Medium

Weapon: 50 Cal with High Power Scope and Bipod

Secondary: Pistol

G1: Medical Kit

G2: Acoustic Locator

Weapon: 50 cal with Variable Scope (No Bipod)

When it takes the enemy 2 body shots to down you, it only takes 1 from you :smileyvery-happy:.  It works very well too!

PSP Username: Pyrospasm
Message 24 of 62 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
493 posts

Oct 4, 2010

Hot-Wire wrote:

Medium armor can survive 1 tier 3 sniper shot.  Most n00b snipers or those who want to keep their gear will go for the light and light+ armor, which is a 1 hit.

When it takes the enemy 2 body shots to down you, it only takes 1 from you :smileyvery-happy:.  It works very well too!

i use the 2nd one u mention xD

Message 25 of 62 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5709 posts

Oct 4, 2010

And here's a anti tank loadout.

Weapon: 50 cal with default or high power scope (no bipod)

Secondary: pistol

G2: N/A

H: Rocket Launcher

Personally I prefer default on this, because when I'm engaging against an APC, I'm usually not too far from it.

PSP Username: Pyrospasm
Message 26 of 62 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Oct 5, 2010

I find I try to sniper from in front or behind the direction of the enemies travel as flanking them is difficult as they can run across your field of movement, but cant strafe as fast.

My only other tip is keep moving!

"honourable valor attack bunker one man at a time"

Message 27 of 62 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
493 posts

Oct 13, 2010

wolf71288 wrote:

Hot-Wire wrote:

i use the 2nd one u mention xD

i sorda changed mine up

armor: light

weapon: .50 cal w/ variable scope and bipod

G1: medical kit

G2: sensor jammer 

i know i know when you fire the .50 it exposes your position but i mainly use the sensor jammer to get into position and after i fire 1 or 2 rounds i take cover and wait a couple of seconds for the SJ to take effect again and change positions.

Message 28 of 62 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
571 posts

Oct 13, 2010

wolf71288 wrote:

i sorda changed mine up

armor: light

weapon: .50 cal w/ variable scope and bipod

G1: medical kit

G2: sensor jammer 

i know i know when you fire the .50 it exposes your position but i mainly use the sensor jammer to get into position and after i fire 1 or 2 rounds i take cover and wait a couple of seconds for the SJ to take effect again and change positions.

i <3 snipers who wear light armor

Message 29 of 62 (362 Views)
0 Likes