Oct 13, 2010

MSgtGunny wrote:

wolf71288 wrote:

i sorda changed mine up

armor: light

weapon: .50 cal w/ variable scope and bipod

G1: medical kit

G2: sensor jammer 

i know i know when you fire the .50 it exposes your position but i mainly use the sensor jammer to get into position and after i fire 1 or 2 rounds i take cover and wait a couple of seconds for the SJ to take effect again and change positions.

i <3 snipers who wear light armor

Which is like 90% of the snipers out there lol.

If you snipe, medium armor or higher is a must.

PSP Username: Pyrospasm
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 62 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
493 posts

Re: Sniper Techniques

Oct 13, 2010

Hot-Wire wrote:

MSgtGunny wrote:

wolf71288 wrote:

i sorda changed mine up

armor: light

weapon: .50 cal w/ variable scope and bipod

G1: medical kit

G2: sensor jammer 

i know i know when you fire the .50 it exposes your position but i mainly use the sensor jammer to get into position and after i fire 1 or 2 rounds i take cover and wait a couple of seconds for the SJ to take effect again and change positions.

i <3 snipers who wear light armor

Which is like 90% of the snipers out there lol.

If you snipe, medium armor or higher is a must.

if im using the T2 or T4(beta) i usually go with Medium +

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 62 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
493 posts

Oct 15, 2010

Ok i found out that you can "over pierce" with the T3 (I'm not sure about the others) and for those of you that don't know what over pierce is, its when you shoot someone and the bullet travels strait trough that individual and still has enough energy to kill someone directly behind them. 

i found this out when i was sniping paratroopers (in DOM) one paratrooper veered behind another and when i took the shot i got a +10 and both individuals fell to the ground. i consider this a lucky shot :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 62 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
493 posts

Nov 3, 2010

wolf71288 wrote:

ok i got some more for ya guys regarding damages to APC's and turrets using the T3 SR

for the heavy APCs it takes about 10 rounds to destroy it

for the light APCs im not sure just yet but im thinking 5 - 8 shots

and for the bunker turrets it takes almost all your ammo (12 -15 rounds)

i still need to get some more data on how much it takes to take out a heli but i will have that soon

ok i tested some of these out and they are about the same as before 2.0

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 62 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
779 posts

Nov 3, 2010

I'm starting to play sniper again, so I have a couple of questions for this fine community. 

Is there any merit to jumping to the side right after taking a shot?  I see tons of people doing it. 

Does the Improved suppressor 3 do any good for you? (T1)

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 62 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
493 posts

Nov 4, 2010

muskellounger wrote:

I'm starting to play sniper again, so I have a couple of questions for this fine community. 

Is there any merit to jumping to the side right after taking a shot?  I see tons of people doing it. 

i don't really jump more of stand and run to a different spot constantly confusing the enemy as to where my exact position is. (not sure if that is what you were asking sorry if i was wrong) 

I'm still not sure exactly how the improved suppressor skills help, I was thinking either it helps you become less detectable by acoustic locators and or increasing accuracy with a suppressor on but I'm still unsure. :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 62 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
779 posts

Nov 4, 2010

wolf71288 wrote:

muskellounger wrote:

i don't really jump more of stand and run to a different spot constantly confusing the enemy as to where my exact position is. (not sure if that is what you were asking sorry if i was wrong)   Yeah thats what I do too.  I was talking about a bunny hop right after your shot.  Was wondering if it was to dodge bullets, or something with recoil.  It looks stupid, and wanted to know if it helped in some way.

I'm still not sure exactly how the improved suppressor skills help, I was thinking either it helps you become less detectable by acoustic locators and or increasing accuracy with a suppressor on but I'm still unsure. :smileyfrustrated:   I really want to know if it effects accuracy at all.

Thanks for the reply.  Anyone know if the improved suppressor effects accuracy?

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 62 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5709 posts

Nov 5, 2010

muskellounger wrote:

wolf71288 wrote:

muskellounger wrote:

i don't really jump more of stand and run to a different spot constantly confusing the enemy as to where my exact position is. (not sure if that is what you were asking sorry if i was wrong)   Yeah thats what I do too.  I was talking about a bunny hop right after your shot.  Was wondering if it was to dodge bullets, or something with recoil.  It looks stupid, and wanted to know if it helped in some way.

I'm still not sure exactly how the improved suppressor skills help, I was thinking either it helps you become less detectable by acoustic locators and or increasing accuracy with a suppressor on but I'm still unsure. :smileyfrustrated:   I really want to know if it effects accuracy at all.

Thanks for the reply.  Anyone know if the improved suppressor effects accuracy?

It doesn't unless you use it on the default sniper rifle.  The default sniper rifle takes a hit in no-scope accuracy with the suppressor attached.  It takes an even heavier hit if you use the 4x scope, where even scoped accuracy is subpar. (And even more so with the suppressor attached.)

PSP Username: Pyrospasm
Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 62 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
115 posts

Nov 8, 2010

Demoralizing the enemy, making sure that they wont bother to hurt you or move in to your field of view:

Creating a funnel is somewhat easy on Raven's domination map. But every funnel is not a straight line of fire, it can be common areas like the AAA or the top floor of G.

Taking objectives should not be a problem for a sniper. If you can't take it without dropping an enemy, drop them all!

If the enemy is guarding the objective from static positions, Kill them, but do not bleed them out! We want their medic to come for the bleeding enemy. Why? Because killing comes easy and you've created a funnel using an enemy as bait. They're gonna have a nice walk.

Questions:

I'm horrible at aiming with a sniper rifle. What can I do?

-Move around as you would as a guy with LMG. Move with the enemy and follow him with your sights.

I keep getting hit by sniper fire, and I don't know where it's coming from. Wat do?

-Don't tell your teammates, use them as bait. When he shoots at your teammates, follow the trail back to him.

I'm always dying from sniper fire, how do I kill the sniper?

-Easy. Find a position the sniper can't see, or you can aim down the sights, go in to his field of view and move around until he's in your crosshairs.

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 62 (335 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1139 posts

Dec 9, 2010

muskellounger wrote:

If the shot was taken at you, then good lord, yes. As an on-the-move sniper who fires whilst standing/strafing, it's an incredibly useful tactic when facing a sniper who's camped off in the distance on a bipod (or even to a non-sniper who's been targeted by one of these camping snipers). Chances are, if you took a shot you aren't going to survive another. Unless the sniper that shot you has to reload, there's a high chance you're still in there crosshairs and highly vulnerable to the killing shot.

Jumping out of the way before sprinting to cover or healing obviously makes you much more difficult to hit (bipodded rifles seem to have lower sensitivity) and gives you a chance to regain yourself before emerging again; they probably haven't moved since they're living on their bipod, too. It's kinda just a twitch reaction that has saved many an ass of mine.

If YOU take the shot and jump, well... I guess its the same principal; makes you harder to hit if you're counter-sniping a bipodded sniper, or trying to avoid heavy fire having attracted attention to yourself. I personally will do this in close/mid-range sniping in between shots, I'll unscope when reloading, so that I can keep an eye on the enemy I'm shooting at and ensure he doesn't kill me before I have the chance to fire again.

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 62 (335 Views)
0 Likes