Here are some sniping techniques that have helped me be a good and competent sniper for both Raven and SVER:
1) know your rifles... A rifle that may be comfortable for a friend or an ally may not be the best for you... Don't be afraid to experiment.
2) Time your shots.... Just because you think you can make the shot doesn't mean you should take It... Patience means the difference from getting a kill or being slaughtered.
3) Use cover effectively... Try not to stay in the open, if there is a wall or even some grass get in or behind It.
4) Don't get comfortable in one spot... Change things up because I have caught snipers going to the same exact spot again and again... And I have done that myself.
5) Never give up... Just because you die a couple times and/or don't get many kills Just remember that sniping is an art form... It takes practice and patience...
6) Know the sniping spots that are most used... Every map has its own premiere sniping spots and most snipers know where they are and they use them. Don't be conventional... Just because a friend thinks that the spot is the best doesn't make It so... Remember this: A conventional sniper is a predictable sniper... A predictable sniper is a DEAD sniper.
7) Know thy enemies... Everyone has a habitual way of playing MAG... Pay attention and you will see how your enemies play... And more importantly how they react when they are killed by an invisible sniper...
8) Last and never least... Pay attention to armor... Not every head shot will be an instant kill... And just because you have the Tier 3 rifle doesnt mean you will always get a one shot kill... Some times it is better to shoot twice just to make sure...
I hope that helps some of you who read this... See you on the battlefield
"Raise me to thy right hand O Lord, And count me among thy saints"
here is a technique for the T3 users to compensate for the heavy recoil (note: must have a variable scope), when you take a shot at someone or something at long distances to quickly readjust zoom out re fix on your target then zoom back in. a somewhat less effective way is to take a shot de scope re fix and re scope use what ever you are comfortable with.
ok i got some more for ya guys regarding damages to APC's and turrets using the T3 SR
for the heavy APCs it takes about 10 rounds to destroy it
for the light APCs im not sure just yet but im thinking 5 - 8 shots
and for the bunker turrets it takes almost all your ammo (12 -15 rounds)
i still need to get some more data on how much it takes to take out a heli but i will have that soon
Here's some tips from me.
1. Always be prepared to switch to your pistol at a moments notice. I've grown so accustom to this, I almost switch to my pistol all the time after I fire a single shot at someone around mid range. (Tier 3) The pistol is far more reliable to finish off the target if you get a hit. Even if you miss with the sniper, the pistol would be more useful anyways, because by that time they would be close to you.
2. If you fire and miss and you know a sniper is in the area. MOVE. Don't just wait around until you kill him with your shot. Move anyways and change your angle. Never be a still target for too long, hit or miss.
3. Bait for enemy fire. Get your acoustic locator ready and run/jump around. Try to pick up enemy sniper fire. Once you have, jump to cover or change your angle and take him out.
4. Know when to get the **** out. If you are outnumbered, RUN! Make distance from yourself and the enemy and pick them off safely. Use your team as your own personal meatshield.
5. If you see someone dead or bledout. Ask yourself why is that guy dead, especially if its someone dead in an area with no action. He might have been picked off by a sniper or there is a ninja around.
6. Oh and basic skill for snipers. Line your shot up towards the general area of the enemy no-scoped first and then zoom in. This would save you time searching and you are able to see red triangles while zoomed out.
7. Only bipod when you have to. Take standing or crouched shots with the T3 (bipod is better with the T2, since you can make use of its faster refire). This doesn't only make lining up your shots easier (by using both movement sticks) but you can get the heck out of there faster when you are getting fired upon.
Irelands-Fallen wrote:Not every head shot will be an instant kill...
Er... yes it will. If it's by a sniper rifle (any tier).
One thing I love about being a sniper is trying to find new places, found some pretty new and unconventional places when attacking Ravens E&F on dom.
One of the biggest tips I can give is to practice sniping while crouching or standing. You need to get used to the sway and learn how to control it, otherwise you may never survive in a match on Dom. If you can do this, you can find even more unique places to snipe from (or even a regular place where normal attackers would go past) and you can snipe around a corner.
Another tip is to use enemies as bait. If you kill someone that hasn't bled out, keep an eye on them to see if someone else comes to try and save their life. You can either take out the medic before he revives, or if you're skilled enough, wait for the revive then shoot them both.
~~ MY VIDEOS ~~
MAG Montage: Kill Everybody (Skrillex)
MAG D.E.V.I.L Montage
First MAG Montage
V-C vs. R*S
V-C vs. R*S
V-C vs. ^D^