Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
4 posts

Re: Pokey's Guide to Effective Shotgun Diplomacy

Nov 16, 2010

The best shotgun guide ive ever seen so far on this forum.  Your comitment to helping other people must be very great to create such an indepth guide.  Because of your im the commando ive always wanted to be.  Thx so much,  TehBigLOL

Message 90 of 100 (604 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 11, 2010

Great guide, thanks for posting! I love the practical to-the-point tips!

Message 91 of 100 (604 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Dec 29, 2010
Good Guide Pokey
funny animated gif
Message 92 of 100 (604 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Apr 10, 2011

Awesome guide. I was 4000 kills in love with the tamsen, until i picked up a shotgun once and realized we were made for eachother (3 grim reapers with a shotgun ain't bad). RESPECed my character many times to find out what suits me best, and found out that engineering skills of advanced electronics and advanced explosives are most crucial. also fire rate and stability of CQ and increased move speed are important if you wanna be a mobile machine cannon. I have heal recharge speed maxed out and believe me, it is worth it if you're in the heat of battle all the time and need to self heal and REZ mates as quick as possible.

There are many possible loadouts, but I always end up playing with this

shutgun

handgun + silencer (for medium to long range kills, or when sneaking on enemies and they're too far to knife)

medkit

smoke grenades (to move safer in open areas)

sensor jammer

I always wanted to know how does the sensor jammer really work. If I shoot once, how long does it take to cloak me again? the post mag 2.11 the description used to say that it enables you to move at a faster rate before being detected by enemby sensors, I always thought I can shoot and move, and the jammer will scramble my exact real location.

Again thanks for the awesome guide, you know what you're talking about, I loved the spiral movement technique, I use the same technique adding a jump after 2 or 3 shots.

Message 94 of 100 (604 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
491 posts

Apr 11, 2011

The sensor jammer does nothing to mask the sound of your gunfire, the only thing that can do that is a silencer. All the sensor jammer does is prevent you from appearing on enemy Sensor Sweeps and enemy Motion Sensors. I still suggest you carry one to prevent people from seeing you with a motion sensor, but remember that fireing your weapon will still cause you to show up on the radar.

Be a Better Shotgunner! Check out Pokey's Guide to Effective Shotgun Diplomacy
Message 95 of 100 (604 Views)
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Apr 11, 2011
still my question isn't answered. howlong does it take to get cloaked again after shooting unsileced weapon?
Message 96 of 100 (604 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
491 posts

Apr 11, 2011

I'm honest not sure. I know it depends on the enemies tracking skill level, but other than that I cant give you specifics. Sorry.

Be a Better Shotgunner! Check out Pokey's Guide to Effective Shotgun Diplomacy
Message 97 of 100 (604 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 2, 2012

Putting a reflex sight on a shotgun is one thing, but putting it on the Raven's F90 is even more retarted XDGood guide, made me a better shotgunner.The shotgun is dissapointing sometimes, a shot from close range+knife combo didn't kill my heavy armor opponent, ending up with an assist award. Edit: This guide was so helpful. Level 8 but got 3rd place MVP in Domination. The Shotgun was very good at defending my bunker even when an enemy APC was parked right next to it. Had to blow it up myself using grenades because teammates in Acqu are retarted, giving me another 1st place MVP.

Since I don't have access to Motion Sensors and Jammers, I use a Med Kit, Grenades and Acoustic Locator.

Message 98 of 100 (604 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Oct 21, 2012
Mov
Message 99 of 100 (545 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1031 posts