Apr 19 2011
By: fleinn Fender Bender 4131 posts

Time to start filtering + rubber-band broken connections..

6 replies 6 views Edited Apr 19, 2011

Look. It's very simple:

1.  People with actual broken connections will be disconnected eventually anyway, no matter what. They lose the sync, or they get disconnected no matter how much lag is allowed.

2. The ones who are connected, and stay connected for 30 minutes tend to have ok connections.

3. The people who are connected will not get a smoother playing experience by allowing more lag.

4. No legitimate players normally benefit from an unfiltered online game.

So unless you actually have problems getting enough players into a well-matched game -- what justifies making the game play worse for everyone who stay connected? I'd honestly like to know.

(btw - if you want me to explain in detail for you how to cheat in this game, along with how lag affects how the game is played - feel free to PM me if it's too "sensitive" to take in the forum. Otherwise, read my piece on lag in the link. It's ruining your game. And you're only getting away with it because "it's accepted" somehow to have a sub-par playing experience on consoles. But when you actually needed to compete on quality - then it's not good enough, as we've seen with MAG.)

Message 1 of 7 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4131 posts

Re: Time to start filtering + rubber-band broken connections..

Apr 19, 2011
p.s. I'll start sending you lists of clans with people who deliberately exploit the lag. And then you can check it out yourselves, and maybe play the game once in a while yourselves, to see what it looks like.

If you're happy with that - then no worries. But I want to hear someone at Zipper say: "I am Happy with how the game plays" before giving up.
Message 2 of 7 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
360 posts

Apr 26, 2011

fleinn wrote:

Look. It's very simple:

1.  People with actual broken connections will be disconnected eventually anyway, no matter what. They lose the sync, or they get disconnected no matter how much lag is allowed.

2. The ones who are connected, and stay connected for 30 minutes tend to have ok connections.

3. The people who are connected will not get a smoother playing experience by allowing more lag.

4. No legitimate players normally benefit from an unfiltered online game.

So unless you actually have problems getting enough players into a well-matched game -- what justifies making the game play worse for everyone who stay connected? I'd honestly like to know.

(btw - if you want me to explain in detail for you how to cheat in this game, along with how lag affects how the game is played - feel free to PM me if it's too "sensitive" to take in the forum. Otherwise, read my piece on lag in the link. It's ruining your game. And you're only getting away with it because "it's accepted" somehow to have a sub-par playing experience on consoles. But when you actually needed to compete on quality - then it's not good enough, as we've seen with MAG.)

I'd be interested in hearing this, basically as no one has been able to prove there is any kind of lag switch or similar approach. Posting videos that were uploaded to ewetube over a year ago don't count, all those issues were patched many, many months ago.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Looking forwards to a PS3 price cut...what makes you think anyone who owns a PS3 really cares? If the price of the PS3 really bothered those of us who own a PS3, then we would have an XBOX.
Message 3 of 7 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5655 posts

Apr 26, 2011

fleinn wrote:
p.s. I'll start sending you lists of clans with people who deliberately exploit the lag. And then you can check it out yourselves, and maybe play the game once in a while yourselves, to see what it looks like.

If you're happy with that - then no worries. But I want to hear someone at Zipper say: "I am Happy with how the game plays" before giving up.

I would like a list of everyone you think deliberately exploits the lag, please.

Message 4 of 7 (6 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1406 posts

May 7, 2011

fleinn wrote:

That would be me. I have a how-to written up :smileyvery-happy:

How to exploit lag / cheat

I'm not from Zipper. But I'm happy how the game plays :smileyhappy:

Message 5 of 7 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4131 posts

May 24, 2011
And there we go. After approximately two days of acceptably normal connection-requirement - it's been relaxed again, so you don't get kicked no matter what.

You're idiots, do you know that? God damned **bleep**ing idiots. You don't have a sense of self-preservation, you don't want to sell your product, and you couldn't care less about how your product looks -- typical self-destructive Sony bull**bleep**.
Message 6 of 7 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4131 posts

May 24, 2011
I'm sorry - did I say "self-destructive"? I meant the usual: "let me take your money and then **bleep** in your hand while beaming and pride".

Message 7 of 7 (6 Views)
0 Likes