I liked kicking the floaters.
Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 75 (7 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1393 posts

Re: Please disable the kick function.

Nov 17, 2010

I just stopped looking at them. I like the VTK system but yes, people think there is some trophy for casting the most votes per game.

If they really get to you, Block them directly after the vote fails. He will not be able to start a VTK anymore and will move on to a different teammate. It's actually funny.

Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 75 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Nov 18, 2010

On one hand, I do agree with you, the kick function is abused WAY to much, but on the other hand, what would we do if it was disabled, and some nut came on and started cussing and wouldn't stop?  Or what if a squad leader were just keeping his game on and being idle for the entire battle.  What then?  There are two sides to every coin, as you see in this situation.  I say just keep it as it is, and keep peace with your squad mates, and encourage peace.

Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 75 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Nov 18, 2010

Why so we can have loud mouths blast their opinions as OIC without sensoring. Ill pass

Valor,Valor,Raven,Valor Real name Owngood888
Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 75 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
492 posts

Nov 20, 2010
Lately I have seen much less abuse of the kick system. This is encouraging.
Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 75 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Nov 20, 2010
I believe the guy who created this thread is a noob. "Genshiao"
Quite some time huh?
I think you spend most your time on here to cry about things.
The kick should be there. If I get team killed and there is no apologies or it was on purpose. I kick them. Now since you are a garbage player "you said it yourself" and you talk alot probobly. I would probobly kick you as well.
I do not like hearing people cry on the game, nor do I enjoy seeing somone who spends most of the time on the Community crying about things. I believe you all who suck and has made MAG a much worse game in my opinion "in comparison of when it came out" are pathetic.
#1. The side arm ribbon, 10 kills? hahahahaha I got it when it was 30ish. If you do not remember when that was like that, maybe you are too new to put any opinions of your own on here.

MY OPINION!
I think all of you who come on here to cry about things and complain about things over and over until you get your way, are pathetic. I think it should be put on a vote. Thanks to you squallies, the games award system is cheesy and too easy. The SMG is too accurate, and so on and so on.
NOW STOP YOUR CRYING, YOU GOT WHAT YOU ALL WANTED! STOP THE COMPLAINING.
Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 75 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Nov 20, 2010
Oh and.
If somone is being a point scrub, and not getting kills. I would vote them too especially if my team is not winning.
I believe you need to get kills more than you need to get points to WIN a game. I LIKE WINNING!

So Noob, ask yourself these questions.
1. Are you a team player?
2. Do you apologize for your "auto kick" team kills? Obviously not, means you team killed alot in that game.
3. Do you hold you weight in kills? Probobly not, because you said it yourself.
4. Do you res. people, even blue dots?

OR

1. Do you camp and cry about things getting points and you can not get kills?
I WOULD VOTE YOU TOO!
Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 75 (7 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1386 posts

Nov 23, 2010

Genshiao wrote:

I have been playing MAG for quite awhile now. I am not the greatest player, but I regulary get the most points on the squad. I have only a handful of MVP ribbons. I am an average player. I do not team kill intensionally, and I have only been kicked for teamkills once (auto-kick by game). I do not like cookie cutter tactics, and my leadership strategy is unique. I will not kick a poor leader, because, they purchased the game and deserve a chance to learn. Nor will I kick a poor player, again....they deserve a chance to learn. The only reason that I vote to kick is to prevent myself from being kicked. And then I try to promptly repeal it. Lately I try not to do this it just felt wrong. I have probably been kicked from near one hundred games (I have multiple characters). I am so sick of this happening that I will leave a game where someone else is kicked. This function is ruining the game. It is abused by children (and some adults who qualify as children in my book), and used as an effevtive subversive tactic by other people who are loyal to other factions.

--Please just get rid of the kick option. It was a good idea, but it went bad.

Thanks for reading.

This would work, but a feature to "derank" leaders instead of straight-up kicking them would be nice as well.

Report cheaters! http://np.us.playstation.com/

My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/arcadias1595

Beachbody P90X Results: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFgZZE_2WhA

Beachbody TurboFire Results: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdeHSuxe7zM
Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 75 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Nov 23, 2010

I think most of these could be solved by two simple steps;

1. Limit each person to one VTK per game, and make any active VTK's show up on the respawn menu before you select a spawn. This will make people think hard about whether or not they really want to kick someone, although is potentially unbalanced by clans, or people hammering "X" to try to spawn faster. Could be averted by making a player press left or right before being able to confirm the choice though.

2. Make anyone starting a VTK within 2 minutes of the game start (or of joining a game) get auto-kicked. For additional awesome, bury this deep in the patch description, so that people trying to kick for SL position or just to grieve will be pleasantly surprised.

Edited for spelling: have a cold, so wasn't too attentive.

Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 75 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Aug 28, 2011

if that kicking function is gone then Team killing would happen more often thats what the kicking function mainly for most of the time ppl try to kick you for no reason but heres the thing get a group of buddies and if there is someone you don't know and you are getting voted on

then you and your friends can gang up on the guy who is voting you

Please use plain text.
Message 70 of 75 (7 Views)
0 Likes