Dec 14 2009
By: ThaEpiK Lombax Warrior 269 posts

Trades

6 replies 10 views Edited Dec 14, 2009
anyone do any cool trades on there franchise?
Message 1 of 7 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16055 posts

Re: Trades

Dec 14, 2009

I have 06 Still but....

I traded Larry Johnson for Larry Fitzgerald.  Traded Trent Green for Matt Cassel and made Cassel an outstanding player.

Don't remeber what I gave for Ed Reed. 

I picked up Reggie Bush on the Free Agent Wire, as well as Bobby Wade, Cato June, Draton Florence.

They don't sound like good players, but in the game, they are outstanding.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 7 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
292 posts

Dec 14, 2009
I like to hoard draft picks, so I trade a lot for picks. Esp on Madden 10 I've had some outstanding draft picks late, just like in real life! I drafted a RG out of the 3rd round and 3 seasons in he's a 98 overall now (was a 86 when drafted). Trading players wise, I like to trade for young, unproven players to see if they become anything. If I have someone older and in his contract year and I won't be re-signing him, I'll trade him for a pick if I can afford on my depth chart to let him go.
blackhawkblues
Message 3 of 7 (10 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1038 posts

Dec 18, 2009

my trades have all been busts so far or it's too early to tell.  The CPU is kind of stupid at negotiations.

one of my trades that is working out ok involved Larry English (LOLB) coming over from the chargers- I converted him to a LE and his overall went up from an 85 to a 92-- still too early-  I also traded for Chris Chambers (WR) and ended up trading him to someone else for a draft pick or something... I've traded for a bunch of DT's because the seahawks DT's suck but haven't been able to get any consistency from any of them. 

I picked up Miles Austin as a free agent and had 65 receptions in about 10 games before he got injured.  That's probably the best free agent I've found, all the rest are either at positions that I don't need or they're just filling a backup spot.

The thing that kills me is when you've got a great team but can't keep them all because of the salary cap.

Message 4 of 7 (10 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 20, 2009
I just came across an old thread on the network and read your response about trades. I just want to thank you for kind of letting me know that the game basically goes by the real nfl and collective bargaining rules that are set up in real life. They have all the details added in this game. Just crazy. lol. I spent 2 hours online trying to find out why I had millions of dollars in cap penalties in my franchise mode. Thanks again! 
Message 5 of 7 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5291 posts

Dec 22, 2009

I traded Brodie Croyle for a 7th rounder.

I know I ripped the cpu off bad..

Signature removed by Admin due to size violations. Please observe the 150kb limit.
Message 6 of 7 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16055 posts

Jan 13, 2010

IlllIIlIlIllI wrote:

I traded Brodie Croyle for a 7th rounder.

I know I ripped the cpu off bad..

I picked up Marques Colston, and Reggie Bush as free agents.

Photobucket
Message 7 of 7 (10 Views)
0 Likes