Sep 06 2009
By: Shadyhere Fender Bender 3394 posts

Madden 05 will make you Jealous!

19 replies 17 views Edited Sep 6, 2009

Today, In Madden 10's franchise mode, I was about to take on the Patriots(using Cowboys) in franchise mode for championship #6. I didn't want to play until later later in the day so, I decided to play my old copy of Madden 2005. I had right there and I really felt like playing there franchise mode. After two games in Franchise mode I got pissed... 

Madden 05 brings back too many good memories. Okay, I had fun with it in '04 but, It was just so good when you take time to appreciate it. The Franchise mode is just so much better than Madden 10's and that includes the gameplay. First of all, Remember Tony Bruno? I could hear his show for hours while I made trades and messed around with depth chart. How about the players? If you made a big trade they started to get mad or if you started winning they started to get in a good mood. Chemistry actually mattered. Upgrading stadium, actually costumizing stadium. 

The gameplay feels more like football and less like a game with a bunch of fancy scripted tackes. 

When I got back to Madden 10; the game felt so cheap. The only thing Madden 10 had over Madden 05 was graphics and presentation when I was thinking about it. Madden 10 just showed how much glitches it has and cheap football tactics. 

Whats my point?

I am not trying to say Madden 10 is a bad game but, its definately not simulation football. Madden 10 can bring fun but, when you really look into it, its cheap gameplay with beatiful graphics. Every time I pass downfield in Madden 10, I would have the CB right not my reciever and its the most scripted tackes ever. I hate the scripted tackes and cheap over all gameplay. 

Madden 05 didn't have this, When I ran downfield in Madden 05 it just looked so beutiful, it didn't look robotic at all. When I see Terrence Newman intercept a ball in Madden 10 and go all the way; It looks like the most robotic run ever. 

My advise for you guys... If tou don't want to be jealous then don't play Madden 05 cause it will make you notice all the flaws in Madden 10. 

Again, I am not saying Madden 10 sucks but, even the hardcore fans have to admit they have alot of problems and don't necesarly use real football strategy. 

Just something to think about.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

"Only a coward accepts Death"

"
Only a coward accepts death"
Message 1 of 20 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
861 posts

Re: Madden 05 will make you Jealous!

Sep 6, 2009
I never played 2005 actually because I just got 2k5 that year because it was only $20 but it would be easy enough to check out 2005 now for like $0.99 at gamestop lol... I always wondered how 2005 was though
Message 2 of 20 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12393 posts

Sep 6, 2009
I always tell people, Madden 2005 is the best Madden game to date.
BrolyReborn
Message 3 of 20 (17 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3394 posts

Sep 6, 2009

cover2blitz0 wrote:
I never played 2005 actually because I just got 2k5 that year because it was only $20 but it would be easy enough to check out 2005 now for like $0.99 at gamestop lol... I always wondered how 2005 was though

2005 was great, I mean it really was. If they could somehow take madden 05 and give it Madden 10's graphics it would be one of the best football games ever. 2K5 and 2005 were the best football games ever. I personally like 2k5 better cause it was ahead of its time. 2k5 brought features that Madden 10 just got(halftime show, better field presentation, QB evade). 

Madden 2005 had the best franchise mode(kind of) 2k5 had a crazy franchise mode where you could actually prepare your team with realy strategy, it had weekly sportscenter with Chris Berman and unlike Madden 10 they would actually show the highligths of the games during the week. The superbowl in 2k5 had better presenation than Madden 10, the NFL draft was so damn good. What I liked it that before the draft you could watch Sportscenter and listen to What Mel Kipper jr had to say about upcoming draft picks and when you finished the draft Mel kipper jr(SportsCenter) would talk about recent draft picks and teams that made good picks. 

Simply amazing for 2k5. 

If you talk about Madden, the best "Madden" franchise mode was Madden 05. It actually had Tony Bruno in sports line central. They had actual local news papers with news on what going on in the league. I loved listening to the Tony Bruno show while I made trades and made price in Owners Box. Remembe owners box? You actually set prices for your teams like ticket prices, parking, food, merchandise, advertising and even costumize stadium during off season. You could actually desighn stadium, That seems crazy when you look at Madden next gen. 

I just miss the Madden 05 days. The running was better in Madden 05 then it is in Madden 10. If you don't believe me, go to practice in Madden 10 and run down field and then go to pracice in madden 05 and run down field, you can make comparison your self. 

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

"Only a coward accepts Death"

"
Only a coward accepts death"
Message 4 of 20 (17 Views)
Fender Bender
4610 posts

Sep 6, 2009
funny how I just seen it at gamestop today for $.99 the collectors edition and thought about getting it cause I didnt get madden that year.
http://www.damnlol.com/pics/597/422dd996a42a0a5f7e4b2a3a28d689ef.gif
Message 5 of 20 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2690 posts

Sep 6, 2009
Lol, Tony Bruno got a wee bit annoying after a while.
Photobucket
Message 6 of 20 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
838 posts

Sep 6, 2009

madden 04' and 05' were by far my favorite maddens and probably the best ones.

madden 10' is still a good madden game and by far the best one of this generation.  all the previous ones in this new console gen have completely sucked and have tried to become something more than a simple football game.  if EA goes back to madden 05' and recreates how that one was played and then add the type of presentation in 10' with just a little better graphics and even better animations in 10', then next years madden could be amazing. 

Message 7 of 20 (17 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Sep 7, 2009

Madden 2005 was probably my favorite Madden as well.  I have enjoyed 08, 09, & 10 on the PS3, but not as much as 2005.  I had more success statistically with 2005 as well and dominated on the All-Madden setting.  I get my butt kicked on All-Madden on the PS3 and I can never come up with the stats I had in 2005.  Is it just me or is running the ball in 09 and 10 seem nearly impossible?  Tons of missed blocks.  Every once in a while I have an awesome game running but I usually don't average more than 2 yds at a time.

Madden 2005 R.I.P.

Message 8 of 20 (17 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1259 posts

Sep 7, 2009
I agree! '05 was most definitely a great game and I loved it when I played it. I still own the game because I have the collectors edition and it has a Raven of mine on the cover. One more reason I can't trade it in. Now I'm just waiting for an ED Reed Cover...

At the end of the day, I'm chillin'. You should all do the same.
Message 9 of 20 (17 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Sep 7, 2009
I loved '05 - and I liked the Tony Bruno show.  Still not sure why they got rid of it.  I used to buy and play Madden every year during the early 2000's, but stopped after '06.  I would assume that the good features, like Bruno's radio show and the newspaper highlights would have continued - not sure why they are gone.
Message 10 of 20 (17 Views)
0 Likes