Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
3979 posts

Re: Would you be able to go back to gaming as we knew it before this gen?

Jul 31, 2010

SweetPoison13 wrote:
I play a lot of older video games. I need to find time for video games such as The Legend of Dragoon, Dragon Warrior VII, Chrono Cross, Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Grand Theft Auto III, Devil May CryShin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES and Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 (among other video games). The video games that I listed above intrigue me more than 90% of the PlayStation 3 video games out on the market and this isn’t even taking into account the PlayStation One and PlayStation 2 video games that I would gladly replay if I had more time on my hands. Some of the video games that I would love to replay are Silent Hill 2 (big surprise there), Silent Hill 4: The Room, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater/Subsistence, Resident Evil 4, Devil May Cry 3: Dante’s Awakening/Special Edition, Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King, Final Fantasy X, and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (I haven’t played through these amazing video games in a long time). For some strange reason I cannot list off quality PlayStation 3 video games with ease and in a similar fashion (I have no idea why this is). To be completely honest with you, there are only 2 upcoming PlayStation 3 video games that I’m looking forward to: Mafia II and Silent Hill 8 (working title). Mafia II sort of caught me off guard because my expectations are so low for the 7th video game generation. It is hard for me to have high expectations in a video game generation where only a handful of video games impress me in some manner. It is a shame but it cannot be helped seeing as how my favorite video game genres and/or subgenres are on the brink of extinction...

I definitely prefer the Silent Hill series to the Resident Evil series. I’m not sure if that is blatantly obvious or not but take that for what it’s worth. I would say that the Resident Evil Remake is one of the best survival horror video games ever made but I would also say that Silent Hill is better than Resident Evil: Director's Cut. The older Resident Evil video games (including Resident Evil 4 to a certain extent) have their “survival horror” charm but Resident Evil 5 sticks out of this series like a sore thumb (as I’m sure you are well aware). As an action/adventure video gamer I find myself satisfied with Resident Evil 5 but as a survival horror video gamer I find myself extremely disappointed with this video game. You have played through Lost in Nightmares so you know what could have been possible with the atmosphere in this video game. Lost in Nightmares, while not terrifying, has a somewhat unsettling atmosphere that makes this mode more “scary” than anything else in Resident Evil 5. What really burns me up is that Resident Evil 4, while a phenomenal video game, could have been a traditional survival horror video game. It probably would have been a damn good traditional survival horror video game (just judging from the Resident Evil 4 trailer for E3 2003) regardless of its supernatural aspects. You have seen the Resident Evil 4 trailer for E3 2003, right?

Anyway, you surprised me by downloading a copy of Silent Hill from the PlayStation Store. Was this a little bit of a gamble or were you expecting a phenomenal survival horror video game? It is a good investment and for $5.99 I don’t think anyone can go wrong with it. With that being said, I’m glad that you are enjoying this video game! If you have a backwards-compatible 80GB PlayStation 3 video game console then you really should try to track down some of the Silent Hill video games from the 6th video game generation. It is ridiculously hard to find some of these video games (all the more reason why a Silent Hill Collection should be remastered and ported to the PlayStation 3 as far as I'm concerned) but if you stumble upon an older Silent Hill video game at EB Games or something then you probably should not hesitate to add it to your video game collection...

You'd be surprised what genres are still around, even though they were thought to be dead.  Still, that doesn't mean that I don't think devs are starting to lose their way.  I think established devs should try to remember what made their games great in the first place, and new devs should recall what made similar games great in the past.  It's true that I've been doing a lot of retro gaming lately, but I didn't exactly analyze why that is.  I just kind of gravitated toward some older games, as opposed to some newer ones(I do play a lot of modern games too though).  Still, the saying "they don't make them like they used to" is ringing through my head as I'm playing games like Silent Hill.  On one hand, I've been spoiled by new technology, but on the other hand, after thinking a lot more about it, I see modern devs as chefs who now have access to some new spices.  They can create new flavours, which is great, but they still need to remember how to prepare their dishes, otherwise, they can add all the seasoning they want, but the dish itself will never be up to par. 

I had a feeling you preferred Silent Hill, but I'm not sure what gave you away.  It's true that RE5 seems to have lost its identity.  When I was playing through the tomb portion of the game, I thought to myself that despite knowing I was playing RE5, it felt like I was playing a Tomb Raider or Uncharted knockoff, except without the platforming.  So much for a series that's supposed to belong to the survival horror genre.  I think Silent Hill even has a slight edge over most of the other entries in the series, due to the fact that the main character is an average guy who doesn't have the extensive combat experience of a S.T.A.R.S. member.  There were moments in the early RE series, particularly RE2, where that felt like the case, but overall, the characters in RE are experienced, and that makes it more difficult to relate to them. 

I feel more of the fear of a given game if I'm playing as someone who doesn't have that experience.  I must admit though, that everyone in survival horror games is surprisingly skilled at using weapons, even if they've never used them in their life, but they're games, so I can forgive that.  Plus Silent Hill seems to have a psychological edge to it, that I didn't get in RE, and this is coming from a RE fan. By the way, I've never seen that trailer.  Do you know where I can find it?

Once I started buying my own games, I decided to branch out and try different genres and sub-genres.  I've always considered myself a gamer, but once I had access to the internet, I found out just how little of gaming I had actually experienced.  Since then, I've developed into someone who has an interest in trying new games and series, particularly if they're different from what I've experienced before.  Anyways, Silent Hill is a series that's always seemed to have a big following.  Maybe not as much as RE, but those who've played both seem to think that Silent Hill offers a better survival-horror experience.  Even a friend of mine I've met recently, seems to feel that way.  She likes RE a lot, but she says a lot of good things about Silent Hill.  I was still taking a leap of faith with my download of Silent Hill though.  When I say I've never played a Silent Hill game in my life, I mean it.  I've never even seen footage of a Silent Hill game, and only really knew it by name, up until now.  But I was only putting $6 on the line, and more often than not, I find that I like what other people seem to like.  Anyways, it really paid off. 

Not only do I like this game, but considering that there are quite a few entries in this series, I'm going to guess that this one isn't the absolute best.  Still, it starts things off really well.  Sounds like it will be tricky to get into this series though.  I'll be praying for a ps2 collection.  Out of curiousity, is the rest of the series on ps2?  I do have a ps2 as well that's working perfectly, in addition to my 80G ps3 with b/c, and 99.99% of the time, I'll use it, since it's 100% guaranteed to play and ps2 game I put into it, and 100% reliable, with none of the so called glitches that people with b/c often complain about when playing certain ps2 games on a ps3. 

But I'll be sure to check out other entries in this series whenever possible.  For continuity sake, I usually like to start at the very beginning and work my way up, but it doesn't always work that way.  I had the RE Essentials Collection on ps2 long before I was able to download RE2 and 3 on psn, and pick up 0 and REmake on another system.  For what it's worth, RE is very difficult to collect from start to finish, and one can't even stick to a single brand of console if they want to play it all.  Is all of Silent Hill available on ps consoles?  If so, even if it's rare, at least I can be sure I have the means to play them all if I do find other entries in the series.  I do have one of Sony's two competitor systems too(the small white one).  To be honest, I didn't intend to get into it as a series, but rather enjoy a standalone game.  But I'm enjoying it so much that when it's finally over, I'll want more whenever I have the means to get it.  If nothing else, the first Silent Hill should serve as a good demo for the series as a whole, even though I'm sure later entries build and improve on the formula. 

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 32 (225 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3979 posts

Jul 31, 2010

Sorry for the double post, but I got so caught up in this discussion that I forgot to answer my own questions again. 

If you woke up one day, and found yourself in the past prior to the start of this gen, would you be able to go back to gaming as you did back then, given the experiences you've had up until the present?  Do you think your gaming preferences would be different, or the same as they were at the time? 

Yes.  However, I have branched out a little bit, due to having access to digital downloads, which, at a much more affordable price than even most disc based games from last gen, have encouraged me to take a few more risks.  Plus, given all the series I've gotten into recently, as well as series I've heard about, and always wanted to try, I'd probably buy some different games than I currently have, had I gone back to a time when they were easy to find, and I'd also avoid spending money on a few games that I regret buying.  I'd also check out a lot of the same games I bought before too though. 

If you were given the opportunity to go back in time to a previous gen of your choosing, in this case having control over your fate, would you(note that by doing so, you'd have to give up the spoils of modern gaming)?  If so, which gen would you choose? 

Either of the last couple gens.  I have fond memories of the ps1 and ps2 eras, and I can just as easily go back to a simpler time.  To be honest though, I'm not entirely sure if I'd do it though.  I've been doing a lot of retro gaming lately, but most of it involved digital downloads.  If I'd also return to the age I was at the time, maybe I'd go ahead with it, due to the fact that I'd reach the present at some point.  I'd also take the opportunity to prevent any of my gaming regrets from happening, for example, selling my ps1 along with all the games I owned for it when I got my ps2.  I might take the chance to start over.   

If graphics had still improved this gen from last gen, but none of the new features that we now accept as standard had been introduced, do you think you would still be the same kind of gamer you are today?

That's a tough one.  I'd play a lot more disc based games, since I wouldn't have a choice.  But would I take as many risks, given the higher price point of disc based games?  That's hard to say.  One thing's for sure, I probably wouldn't have become as much of a retro gamer as I am now, which is ironic.  It involves using new technology to experience something old.  Since I can purchase ps1 classics for a low price, and not have to worry about getting a scratched disc, or anything like that, I've been encouraged to try some of the games I've missed for myself.  The same can be said for retro gaming on my other system, except that part about discs.  Would my genre preferences be any different?  I can say that I'm still into all the same genres I was into before this gen, so the short answer is no.  Overall though, I can't deny the influence this gen has had on me. 

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 32 (225 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3470 posts

Aug 2, 2010

Interesting question....

I am really not sure.  I do often find myself missing the simplicity of the last gen of gaming.  We had very good graphics, though not as slick and polished as this gen but a lot of games from last gen, stand up really really well.  So we had good graphics, complex game mechanics and concepts, but the simplicity of plug and play.  Plus the simplicity of no internet to complicate things and make developers lazy.  Last gen games had less game breaking bugs than they do this time around.  Now we can test the game for them and then they just send out a patch.  I am not liking that so much, its like they all learned from Microsoft.  Last gen the game shipped had to work and be as bug free as possible because of not, no one would buy it as it would be broken and a recall would be the only option.

So that is something I miss about last gen.  The end product was often more polished than games are this time around.    I still do feel though that certain consoles ended to soon.  Their power was just being tapped, some truly interesting stuff was just starting to happen and then the consoles were prematurely killed.   There is a lot I like about this gen...but there is a ton I miss about last gen.  I also miss the variety of games we had last gen.  Platformers and adventure games and such are not being made as much.  And that makes me sad.  

Ok....let me answer like this.  I think what i would like is to go back and have that generation last a bit longer.  Maybe another year and a half or so or at the most two years.  But so we have something to look forward to and keeping us from getting bored, have the new consoles announced maybe one year later than they were actually announced, and but then give us at least six months minimum with the consolese or maybe a year before the next gen released.  I think that would be enough time.  Because I really feel that last generation didn't have a long enough life.  I was so happy with my consoles I didn't want things to ever end.  But then everyone stopped making games for them cause they had moved on and their life was cut short.  

That is actually something I like about this gen so far is it is actually lasting longer.  The consoles are more future proof yes which enables them a long life, but they are getting a fair chance to really shine, their life is not being prematurally cut short.  Granted they took a lot longer to get going because of cost of ownership and also cost of development.  The HD era is expensive.  But whatever the reason we have the chance to really get the know them.

That is another thing I miss about last gen.  Games were less expensive to make and we got a ton of neat stuff that would never see the light of day now in this expensive market.  

So my answer is yes and no.  :-)  How is that for ambiguous.  And after all I've said in the end I am saying yes and no...heh.  I suppose I could have not said any of that and just said yes and no at the start....oh well.  We are all geniuses in hindsight.   Hey thats not bad.  We are all geniuses in hindsight.  I'll have to use that somewhere.

PS  I hope I didn't delet half of this by accident...so if wierd sentences suddenly merge it was from a horrible mouse accident

Yes! No! wait...what was the question again?

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 32 (225 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11236 posts

Aug 2, 2010

tross88 wrote:

You'd be surprised what genres are still around, even though they were thought to be dead.  Still, that doesn't mean that I don't think devs are starting to lose their way.  I think established devs should try to remember what made their games great in the first place, and new devs should recall what made similar games great in the past.  It's true that I've been doing a lot of retro gaming lately, but I didn't exactly analyze why that is.  I just kind of gravitated toward some older games, as opposed to some newer ones(I do play a lot of modern games too though).  Still, the saying "they don't make them like they used to" is ringing through my head as I'm playing games like Silent Hill.  On one hand, I've been spoiled by new technology, but on the other hand, after thinking a lot more about it, I see modern devs as chefs who now have access to some new spices.  They can create new flavours, which is great, but they still need to remember how to prepare their dishes, otherwise, they can add all the seasoning they want, but the dish itself will never be up to par. 

I had a feeling you preferred Silent Hill, but I'm not sure what gave you away.  It's true that RE5 seems to have lost its identity.  When I was playing through the tomb portion of the game, I thought to myself that despite knowing I was playing RE5, it felt like I was playing a Tomb Raider or Uncharted knockoff, except without the platforming.  So much for a series that's supposed to belong to the survival horror genre.  I think Silent Hill even has a slight edge over most of the other entries in the series, due to the fact that the main character is an average guy who doesn't have the extensive combat experience of a S.T.A.R.S. member.  There were moments in the early RE series, particularly RE2, where that felt like the case, but overall, the characters in RE are experienced, and that makes it more difficult to relate to them. 

I feel more of the fear of a given game if I'm playing as someone who doesn't have that experience.  I must admit though, that everyone in survival horror games is surprisingly skilled at using weapons, even if they've never used them in their life, but they're games, so I can forgive that.  Plus Silent Hill seems to have a psychological edge to it, that I didn't get in RE, and this is coming from a RE fan. By the way, I've never seen that trailer.  Do you know where I can find it?

Once I started buying my own games, I decided to branch out and try different genres and sub-genres.  I've always considered myself a gamer, but once I had access to the internet, I found out just how little of gaming I had actually experienced.  Since then, I've developed into someone who has an interest in trying new games and series, particularly if they're different from what I've experienced before.  Anyways, Silent Hill is a series that's always seemed to have a big following.  Maybe not as much as RE, but those who've played both seem to think that Silent Hill offers a better survival-horror experience.  Even a friend of mine I've met recently, seems to feel that way.  She likes RE a lot, but she says a lot of good things about Silent Hill.  I was still taking a leap of faith with my download of Silent Hill though.  When I say I've never played a Silent Hill game in my life, I mean it.  I've never even seen footage of a Silent Hill game, and only really knew it by name, up until now.  But I was only putting $6 on the line, and more often than not, I find that I like what other people seem to like.  Anyways, it really paid off. 

Not only do I like this game, but considering that there are quite a few entries in this series, I'm going to guess that this one isn't the absolute best.  Still, it starts things off really well.  Sounds like it will be tricky to get into this series though.  I'll be praying for a ps2 collection.  Out of curiousity, is the rest of the series on ps2?  I do have a ps2 as well that's working perfectly, in addition to my 80G ps3 with b/c, and 99.99% of the time, I'll use it, since it's 100% guaranteed to play and ps2 game I put into it, and 100% reliable, with none of the so called glitches that people with b/c often complain about when playing certain ps2 games on a ps3. 

But I'll be sure to check out other entries in this series whenever possible.  For continuity sake, I usually like to start at the very beginning and work my way up, but it doesn't always work that way.  I had the RE Essentials Collection on ps2 long before I was able to download RE2 and 3 on psn, and pick up 0 and REmake on another system.  For what it's worth, RE is very difficult to collect from start to finish, and one can't even stick to a single brand of console if they want to play it all.  Is all of Silent Hill available on ps consoles?  If so, even if it's rare, at least I can be sure I have the means to play them all if I do find other entries in the series.  I do have one of Sony's two competitor systems too(the small white one).  To be honest, I didn't intend to get into it as a series, but rather enjoy a standalone game.  But I'm enjoying it so much that when it's finally over, I'll want more whenever I have the means to get it.  If nothing else, the first Silent Hill should serve as a good demo for the series as a whole, even though I'm sure later entries build and improve on the formula. 

I answered some of your questions in a private message so that this post would not be too long.

Maybe if we had custom avatars I would use my old Resident Evil custom avatar with my old Resident Evil custom rank and my old Resident Evil signature. If you would like to see the combination then just send me a private message. I’m hoping that some decent Premium Avatars will be released with Silent Hill 8 (working title) but I’m not going to hold my breath. Most of the Premium Avatars are terrible and not worth the $0.49 each as it is and for some reason I do not expect to see a decent selection of them any time soon...

To be completely honest with you, I think that Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune has a creepier atmosphere than Resident Evil 5. Remember Chapter 19: Unwelcome Guests? This is really sad considering that Resident Evil 5 is supposed to be the “survival horror” video game yet Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune seems to have a darker atmosphere than it under certain circumstances...

There is one Resident Evil video game that I prefer to a lot of the Silent Hill video games and that video game is not available for any PlayStation video game consoles. I’m talking about the Resident Evil Remake of course but I will not go into details about it here for various reasons. Overall, I would say that the Silent Hill video games offer me survival horror experiences of higher qualities than the survival horror experiences that a lot of the Resident Evil video games offer. I think this has a lot to do with the fact that Silent Hill video games are psychological horror video games and not just survival horror video games. I’m still a huge fan of the Resident Evil series but it is to the point where I almost need a survival horror video game to be a psychological horror video game in order for me to get the most out of it. It’s like I have spoiled myself on psychological horror video games or something but for some reason I would not want it any other way. Anyway, Silent Hill is a great introduction to the Silent Hill series if you do not mind the “dated” graphical presentation in this video game. It is still one hell of a “scary” video game...

Whether Silent Hill is the “best” Silent Hill video game really depends on the individuals you ask. I would say that it is a solid Silent Hill video game and that it is definitely worth the price of admission. I did not pay no $5.99 for my hard copy of this video game so take that for what it’s worth. A lot of Silent Hill veterans prefer Silent Hill, Silent Hill 2, or Silent Hill 3 so I think it is safe to say that these are the best video games in the Silent Hill series. Silent Hill 4: The Room is certainly worth checking out if you are a survival horror video gamer but your decision to truly immerse yourself in this series depends on how much you enjoy the Silent Hill video games and/or the psychological horror experiences that they offer. I keep telling individuals to stay away from Silent Hill: Origins (it's for their own good really) but some individuals really like this video game so I do not know what to say anymore. With that being said, Silent Hill: Origins and Silent Hill: Homecoming do not have very strong storylines (the one in Silent Hill: Origins is just awful) but you should be able to find these video games with very little difficulty. In fact, you should have absolutely no problem finding Silent Hill: Shattered Memories but this is a hard video game to recommend to individuals (this is why I wrote an MVP Review for it not too long ago). I highly recommend reading through my Silent Hill: Shattered Memories MVP Review if this video game sparks your interest in some manner. Silent Hill: Shattered Memories is an "oddball" in the Silent Hill series. Heck, I would argue that it is more of an oddball than Silent Hill 4: The Room but that might not be entirely accurate. You be the judge...

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 32 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10634 posts

Aug 18, 2010

I don't know about making a good long transition, but classic gaming can be nice and refreshing too.

For example, I was trying to get into music composition for a collaborative 3d movie project I'm trying produce, and the source?

Older video games.

That's right, the older video games are the ones with the memorable music.

The older video games are the ones with the memorable creatures.

Look at resident evil 5 for example.   barely any enemies stick out or are rememberable there that aren't boss or miniboss enemies.  Or the enemies you fight in uncharted....

Now take a game like Teddy Boy.   Tiny little game, fit on a Master System card... card nonetheless.  Couldn't fit but probably 100KB on a card I'd guess ... but I remember the enemies and the levels.  Even the names of most of them, or at least something close to their names.  Each enemy had unique movements and attack strategies, and it was just an experience in itself learning the strategies.

Just a few days ago I was almost ready to bust out an old console and play some Hellfire, Battle Squadron or some Burning Force.

I definitely still see the appeal of older video games...

As for last gen though? it's still not too drastic a jump for most games.  Thanks to the mass production approach, a lot of games just seem to be upgraded graphics and audio versions of PS2 games.

But I never really stop playing older games.  This is why I refuse to sell my consoles or games.

On that token (pardon the pun) I'd never give up this gen of games, or future generations of gaming.  But if forced to, I'd choose the era of games when the PC gaming market was uniquely unique.  When games like King's Quest IV and Star Control II were king.  Look 'em up if you don't recognize them.

If the graphics had been upgraded but nothing else, we'd be playing sports titles by E-- ... erm, It's not that bad ... but I'd be waiting for the next gen after this one to really get involved if such were the case with *all* titles.

Great to see the little developers making intuitive games with the PS3 technology though, like Flower.  Such a simple game, but very very well executed.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 32 (225 Views)
Shinra Executive
41471 posts

Aug 24, 2010

with being connected to millions of gamers, achievements and multiplayer at the forefront of gaming, simply no.

That said I'm always quick to pick up the old arcade style games when released...  Tis nice to go back and play games like Gauntlet, Contra and Castlevania - bonus when they add co-op to these as well. 

(((())))))))))))))))))==================================-----
*New Game* Infinite Undiscovery
*New DVD* Protest The Hero
*New CD* System Divide - The Conscious Sedation

LoTGD ~!~ RBN ~!~ got xheevos? ~!~ XNA Club ~!~ ** PS Past #1** ~!~ twitter
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 32 (225 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3979 posts

Aug 26, 2010

Finally, someone with the opposite mindset.  I still stand by my personal view, but I was hoping to get a lot more people who admit they can't turn back.  Would've made for a much better discussion in my opinion.  I probably should've posted this thread in the Playstation Lounge, but I decided to post it here instead.  Who would've thought us MVPs were surprisingly unified in regards to this topic?  Anyways, I'm glad you posted your response, because I have a feeling that a higher percentage of gamers share that view than one would think after reading the responses in this thread. 

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 32 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
41471 posts

Sep 10, 2010

tross88 wrote:

Finally, someone with the opposite mindset.  I still stand by my personal view, but I was hoping to get a lot more people who admit they can't turn back.  Would've made for a much better discussion in my opinion.  I probably should've posted this thread in the Playstation Lounge, but I decided to post it here instead.  Who would've thought us MVPs were surprisingly unified in regards to this topic?  Anyways, I'm glad you posted your response, because I have a feeling that a higher percentage of gamers share that view than one would think after reading the responses in this thread. 

probably...  would get more traffic for sure.

Everyone has gaming preferences but we've come into a new age & just peaked over the line...  now it's game on!  =)

the COD franchise is at the forefront...  and it's certainly not for the single player campaign

*New Game* Infinite Undiscovery
*New DVD* Protest The Hero
*New CD* System Divide - The Conscious Sedation

LoTGD ~!~ RBN ~!~ got xheevos? ~!~ XNA Club ~!~ ** PS Past #1** ~!~ twitter
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 32 (225 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13906 posts

Sep 20, 2010

I don't think that I would want to go back to the previous generation of gaming. Just because this gen's introduction of trophies and downloads have impacted on how we play now and for how long. I rather like the evolution of the technology and I really wouldn't want to go back to a previous time when the graphics in games were less impressive than they are now. Because this industry is based on progress. The progress of the technology and the games to evolve into something better than they were. And yeah, I think that I am mostly the same gamer that I was when I started playing the PS1 and PS2. The only differance is that my gaming has been completely influeanced by trophies. Because of trophies, I now play more than I used to. Trophies are the one feature from the PS3 that I hope continues with the PS4 and beyond.

-Hawkfan 

Multisystem owner. PS Plus member:Legendary status.GAP member with a launch PS3.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 32 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4068 posts

Oct 26, 2010

I have been playing games for over 20 years and I do have some very fond memories. And as I think back and consider how far we have come, I would have to say no to going back. I much rather sit in the "NOW". I love this generation of gaming and without a doubt it has much more to offer me than past generations.

Yes....there are tons of amazing titles from the past but I have gotten accustom to the way things are now....the way games are now. So....NO....the past was fun and all but I will stay right here and pass the time machine along to the next person.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 32 (225 Views)
0 Likes