Treasure Hunter
7225 posts

Re: What Is Your "Go-To" Game?

Jun 19, 2007
I have 5 go-to games. Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts 2, Resident Evil 4, and God of War. Never get tired of playing FFX, KH, and KH 2. I love the gameplay and storyline which makes it fun. Resident Evil 4 is another great gameplay and storyline which if I want to play some badass game. And God of War, I love to play over and over just to get the biggest combo and also play God Mode. Never get tired or bored of any of these games.
MimiPRGameFreak Trophy Card
Message 90 of 235 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6772 posts

Jun 23, 2007

JakRox wrote:
Star Wars Battlefront II: Well this is probably the best shooter I have (if the only one), it gets me up when I get stuck in a game, and can't possibly beat the part, I go to BFII. It's one of the few games that pulls off both first and third person perfectly. It's graphics are amazing (faces need some work though). Lightsabers and lasers make me feel right at home in my favorite battles from my favorite movies.

Jak II: Well this game has been my go to game since I purchased my PS2 from my brother on New Years eve 2005. (I had been alowed to play it, but he locked it in his closet, and told me I had to give him $135 for it and all his games, I sold all the games for Jak 3 later in 2006) It's Graphics are amazing, better than most games made in 2003. It's gameplay was almost a GTA clone, but they gave it the fantasy/Sci-fi twist, making it into one of my favorite games. Favorite game.

Yes, the graphics of dust effects, etc. amaze me. The Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, and Sly Cooper Series are some of mine...if I ever get bored, I play these...plus, I also enjoy some Warhawk games, along with FIFA 2007, on the occasional days.
Ratchet and Clank Community
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that. Hate multiplies hate, violence multiplies violence, and toughness multiplies toughness in a descending spiral of destruction-The chain reaction of evil — hate begetting hate, wars producing more wars — must be broken, or we shall be plunged into the dark abyss of annihilation." -M. Luther King, Jr.

Pay It Forward| E.O.L Site| ASD
Message 91 of 235 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Final Boss
28705 posts

Jul 14, 2007
My "Go-To" game is probably Final Fantasy VII; I've played through it and beaten it more than any other game (with the exception of the Mario games, but I'll keep this PS related ). Although, right now I'm trying to wait as long as possible before I play it again. I usually play it about every two years or so, but I want to wait longer before I start it over again to keep it a little more fresh to me . Other games I could always sit down and play are KH2, Final Fantasy X-2, & Metal Gear Solid 2.
Message 92 of 235 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6619 posts

Jul 14, 2007
My go-to game would be Jak II. I've had that game for years.

Message 93 of 235 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3045 posts

Jul 15, 2007
Guitar Hero II, or Half-Life 2
Message 94 of 235 (7 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7225 posts

Jul 15, 2007
Usually it depends on my mood...

...on a good day when I'm just bored, I'll play Final Fantasy VIII.  However, this is only the case when I don't have to work or go to school the next morning (it's an OCD thing... don't ask).

If I have friends over and we're all bored together, I'll pop in Dark Cloud 2, because everyone seems to like that game, including me... as there are various things to do and we can just pass the controller around and take turns fishing and playing Spheda and whatnot.

If I'm in an angry mood or a mood... I play TimeSplitters: Future Perfect... usually online, but every now and then I play the story mode too, because it's rather good.
Message 95 of 235 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2844 posts

Jul 15, 2007

Wakka333Blitzer wrote:

...on a good day when I'm just bored, I'll play Final Fantasy VIII.  However, this is only the case when I don't have to work or go to school the next morning (it's an OCD thing... don't ask).

Exact same way here.....Whenever I have something coming up, (such as work, a job, school, etc...etc....) I just don't want to play. It just bothers me when I have something that needs to be accomplished (even when I have to wait till the next day anyway) ...I guess it is just a stress problem or something.....(atleast for me)....but, you would think that video games would be a great way to deal with stress...... (maybe I am just a bit crazy or something?)

Message 96 of 235 (7 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7225 posts

Jul 16, 2007

Ryflip wrote:

Wakka333Blitzer wrote:

Exact same way here.....Whenever I have something coming up, (such as work, a job, school, etc...etc....) I just don't want to play. It just bothers me when I have something that needs to be accomplished (even when I have to wait till the next day anyway) ...I guess it is just a stress problem or something.....(atleast for me)....but, you would think that video games would be a great way to deal with stress...... (maybe I am just a bit crazy or something?)

I think for me it's the fact that I hate starting stuff if I can't finish it in the same block of time.  So, I don't want to start playing Final Fantasy VIII if I'm going to have to have to put it away for 2 weeks because of school.
Message 97 of 235 (7 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7907 posts

Jul 16, 2007

Wakka333Blitzer wrote:

If I have friends over and we're all bored together, I'll pop in Dark Cloud 2, because everyone seems to like that game, including me... as there are various things to do and we can just pass the controller around and take turns fishing and playing Spheda and whatnot.

If I'm in an angry mood or a mood... I play TimeSplitters: Future Perfect... usually online, but every now and then I play the story mode too, because it's rather good.

I used to play FP online a lot, but I could never find any decent matches!
Photobucket
Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Persona 4 Golden
Message 98 of 235 (7 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7225 posts

Jul 16, 2007

random_hero215 wrote:

Wakka333Blitzer wrote:

I used to play FP online a lot, but I could never find any decent matches!

Back when I lived in Rhinetown, I couldn't really pick up on very many matches because I was so far in the middle of nowhere.  But now that I live in a big city, I get plenty of good matches.
Message 99 of 235 (7 Views)
0 Likes