Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keyblade Wielder
10063 posts

Re: What Is Your "Go-To" Game?

Feb 1, 2007
My Go-To games are FF7 and Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist of the Rose. I chose FF7 because though its dated its a classic that I can play over and over yet I will be drawn to play yet again. I chose Duelist of the Rose because its very fun and its a change up from play hack and slash games.
Message 50 of 235 (52 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7874 posts

Feb 1, 2007

Mastervivi wrote:
I'm noticing a lot of people saying "right now" when referring to the "go-to" game... shouldn't a go-to game be something that doesn't really change often? Otherwise its just a game you're playing on and off.

In a sense, that is kinda what a go-to game is. It's a game that you keep coming back to when there is nothing else that catches you interest, so I guess you could consider that as playing it on and off.
Photobucket
Currently Playing: Pokemon: Alpha Sapphire, Tales From The Borderlands
Message 51 of 235 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19346 posts

Feb 2, 2007
Most of the time it's Black. I love playing that game just because the missions are long, explosive and they have bullets going everywhere (I usually play on easy to get unlimited ammo).

If I'm not up to playing Black, then I'll switch over to Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Although I REALLY hate the games Night Vision look, (it's lime green, what happened to Pandora Tomorrows' night vision? That was clear.) I still love to play that game because the missions are long and just lurking about in the shadows is AWESOME.

If I'm not up to playing either of those, then GTA: San Andreas it is. I love playing that game. It's amazing that you can literally do anything you want in that game. And, usually when I do play San Andreas, I'm always rocking about with my own music even thought I love SA's music.
Message 52 of 235 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
41471 posts

Feb 2, 2007

Mastervivi wrote:
I'm noticing a lot of people saying "right now" when referring to the "go-to" game... shouldn't a go-to game be something that doesn't really change often? Otherwise its just a game you're playing on and off.

yeah but I can't keep up with all the demo's/arcade games and new releases.  It's hard to stick with just 1 game right now.
(((())))))))))))))))))==================================-----
*New Game* Infinite Undiscovery
*New DVD* Protest The Hero
*New CD* System Divide - The Conscious Sedation

(((())))))))))))))))))==================================-----
LoTGD ~!~ RBN ~!~ got xheevos? ~!~ XNA Club ~!~ ** PS Past #1** ~!~ twitter
Message 53 of 235 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
14137 posts

Feb 3, 2007
Madden Series, amazing games whenever I need a good game. Also being football my favorite sport and favorite played sport madden cheers me up even if I'm in a bad mood or just want to play a little bit.
blah?
Message 54 of 235 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12303 posts

Feb 4, 2007

JakRox wrote:
Star Wars Battlefront II: Well this is probably the best shooter I have (if the only one), it gets me up when I get stuck in a game, and can't possibly beat the part, I go to BFII. It's one of the few games that pulls off both first and third person perfectly. It's graphics are amazing (faces need some work though). Lightsabers and lasers make me feel right at home in my favorite battles from my favorite movies.

I go to Battlefront II myself. I just got off of it too but the reason I love it so much is because I'm a fanatic of Star Wars and no other game puts me in a better fight than Battlefront II does. I mean being Vader or Obi-Wan and sabering everything in my way, it's priceless. So if I'm bored of a game or bored in general I turn to Battlefront II. Best third-person I've played.
» Follow me @OfficialOc «
Message 55 of 235 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6586 posts

Feb 6, 2007
I'd usually pick up my plastic guitar and go nuts, But thats really only if I've gotten tired of XBL, or none of my buds are online. Before I had online, I'd beat a game, and it would kinda sit there and get dusty, sure there are games like GTA:smileyfrustrated:A, and some racers, where its just fun to do whatever, kinda make your own missions and such. For the most part I didn't much like playing a campaign more than once or twice, its never as good as you remember it. But online makes all the difference, but there's always gonna be games like DDR, Mario Party, Guitar Hero, where its just timeless.

Don't be a Coconut.
Message 56 of 235 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2649 posts

Feb 15, 2007
I know it's not a Sony game, but Halo is really my forte'. I am simply amazing at it! I don't want to brag but every time I play on line I usually rank up 3 levels. I am not even a level. I have a circualr symbol where the level # should be. I guess I do have no life. But I only play like an hour and a half a day. I just love the concept for the game. All the different Live options such as Snipers and Team SWAT are awesome. There are few games for Sony that offer something like that.

It is very fun to work together with teamates and win a game such as Capture the Flag. I am not a fanboy and I hope I don't sound like one. The game is just very enticing. Every aspect is awesome. All though the campeign modes have been slacking it is still an awesome game. But, of course I love GTA just as much.
Message 57 of 235 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
14005 posts

Feb 15, 2007
my go-to have would be Battlefield 2 modern combat, because i play it online a lot and i know that there would be a different game every time i play

Message 58 of 235 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15867 posts

Feb 16, 2007
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. I loved the free-world amplifications as soon as I played GTA 3, and I was hooked. With San Andreas, a DEFINITE best in the series, it's hard not to have it as my game to fall back on when other things bore me
I recently picked it back up and created a save file on my PS3 and started over from scratch, deciding not to use cheats again, and it is quite a rewarding experience. It's always fun to have a long police chase through the backcountry or San Fierro's massive hills, and the I actually haven't played this in a while so as I am going through, everything is bringing back memories. This is definitely my number one game so far....but I'll wait till GTA IV comes out in October before I add "of all time"

-And yes, I do have the now-rated-AO copy, and NO I don't use the hidden "game"
Message 59 of 235 (52 Views)
0 Likes