Last Guardian
12303 posts

Re: Let's Get to know YOU!!!!

Mar 16, 2006
I live in New York City, I'm 17 years old and I'm a bored high school senior with a lot of time on my hands. I recently finished my school's yearbook along with the rest of the committee giving me a hell of a lot more time on weekends.

I love discussing games, movies, music, anything that sparks my mind online. What better place to do it but on PSU? Since the day I signed up to be here I've been itching for people to get to know me. I love having many people know me and ask me for help on the things I know best. But I'm not at that point yet.

If you got a first look at me you would never guess I would be on PSU. I am 6'2", hispanic, long hair and I look like I play basketball but I don't. Sports aren't for everyone. I love spending time online chatting and getting to know people. PSU has been my addiction since my registration date. I'm not gonna lie I am in love with the rank system and I hope everyday to get a new rank to see what cool colors I'll get lol . But the bottom line is I learn too much here to just leave.

I am completely in love with the Grand Theft Auto series, but I originally came for the PSP Boards before I even saw the GTA section. If you guys track my posts to the beginning you will notice nothing but PSP posts. I was excited to learn about it online when I first got it.

I rather not specify my name because I am that self-concious about it and I don't mind telling you guys my hobbies and such because it's not something everyone else doesn't do. I am a big fan of Star Wars and I play Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. I load it up with all types of mods and my all-time favorite has to be MovieBattles II. Anyone who knows about this please PM me I'd love to talk about it.

So that's about all I can come up with as an introduction to myself. Hope to get to know all of you soon!
» Follow me @OfficialOc «
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 101 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10140 posts

Mar 17, 2006

Where I grew up:
In a small town in MN.

Plans for the Future:
I am planning on moving going to college after I am done with the military(have not started yet).

Hobbies:
Reading, playing games off all types, learning about history, drawing, football, boxing.

Favorite TV shows:
Family Guy, The Simpsons, King of the Hill, 24.

Favorite Movies:
Happy Gilmore, The Last Samuri, and Braveheart.

Favorite Music:
Everything but Country.

Gaming Tastes:
I like nearly every kind of genre except Survival Horror(they scare me :smileysurprised:)

Message Edited by RedDragoon on 03-16-200607:13 PM

Message Edited by RedDragoon on 03-16-200607:13 PM

Chuf it out.
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 101 (209 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7851 posts

Mar 18, 2006
Well.....

Name: hero, random hero, or whatever you feel like calling me.

Locale: Cincy, Oh.

Hobbies: I enjoy working out, running, I'm a High School wrestler, a multi-instrumental musician (Trumpet, baritone, tuba, and bass guitar), and of course, I'm a gamer!

Genre of Choice: RPGs all the way, baby!

Favorite Game: Final Fanasty VIII

Favorite Movie: Oooh, toughie.... I have to say either Monty Python and the Holy Grail or the Shawshank Redemption.

Favorite Band: I'd say it's a tie between The Offspring and the Red Hot Chili Peppers (But I listen to any kind of music).

And that's about it......
Photobucket
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy X HD, inFAMOUS: Second Son
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 101 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8161 posts

Mar 18, 2006

I've been lobbying for a thread like this for a long time in the OT boards....but i thought people would flame it as shameless self promotion....great thread and responses everyone...its nice posting in a place where people read....and think.

My Name is Patrick, i was born November 25, 1983 in Birmingham, Alabama.  In school i was never really the best student because i would always daydream and think. and when video games came into my life at an early age they became the subject matter of my daydreams....but  it was not just them that kept me from focusing

Athletics were also a big part of my life, i began running Track in 4th grade and it gave me something that i could be successful at on a large scale, basketball was another sport that i could dabble in but all in all i was a runner first and foremost.  I won 2 State decathlon champonships in high school and was recruited to go to schools all over the country.

but my lack of attention and focus led me to being ineligible to join the NCAA out of high school, so i came to Troy University, in Troy Alabama with hopes of Transferring to the University of Alabama after a year.

When i got down there i realized that i loved it...without Track and all the free time i had i soon garnered a 3.9 GPA and was well on my way to earning my BA in Broadcast Journalism.  so i gave up on the idea of running....and transferring, i had become content with my path for hte first time ever.

Me being silly at a Formal...

Game-wise i became a true ps2 user with the release of a fairly new concept for console gaming with Socom 1....that game changed the way i looked at gaming because i could play people all over the world almost seamlessly without excessive lag.  i played alot of Mechwarrior 3 on the pc back in the day and i had to "lag shoot" about 3 seconds ahead of the target to score a kill...socom was nothing like that....and the voice communication....MAN it was amazing.

i'm still loyal to the socom series....but it has changed an awful lot...i'm hoping the next rendition goes back to the original concepts.

Diablo 2 simply stole my life away  about 2 years ago....i played that game like it payed me money(i actually purchased items on ebay...AHHHH i still cant believe i did that)...that was my first "nerd game" that i thought i wouldnt like at al...i sat down to play it and didn't stop playing for what felt like a lifetime...

I Still try to stay in shape, well more than try...i am in shape....a couple of years ago i had to have reconstructive knee surgery after a basketball injury...that was tough but i tried to fight back and was dunking a basketball 5 months after surgery.

http://troy.troy.edu/intramurals/pics/backboard%20dunk.MPG

that is a video of me in an intramural game 9 months Post Operation...

I Currently am on pace to Graduate from Troy in May....i will be returning to work as a Graduate Assistant at the University's Television station and i already work at the City's Radio station as a reporter/DJ...this is a picture of my current Girlfriend Ashley and i

I'm a pretty well rounded person and that's what i pride myself on...i can identify with Jocks, Nerds, Preps and bad students...because at times in my life i have been all of those things...the one thing i cant understand is insensitive people and drug addicts....also Drunk Drivers, after my 27 year old cousin was killed by a drunk driver i made a childhood promise to myself that i wouldnt drink ever...i still havent but i don't know how long that will last.

I think people in general are good at heart and deserve friendship...i love my friends and family....and my DOG....his name is littlefoot and he is 11 years old...had to give him a shoutout

well....thats about it....thanks for reading

Message Edited by Lt. Claybon on 05-04-200609:17 AM

Message Edited by Lt. Claybon on 05-04-2006 09:59 AM

Account Removed due to Inactivity.

Thanks for being a part of my life PSU
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 101 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3299 posts

Mar 19, 2006
Name:  Chris
Hometown:  Small town in Southern California
Interests: Other than  gaming, I like to read, visit flea markets and second hand stores, drawing, playing and listening to music
Occupation: In the process of earning my teaching credential. I like the forth grade so hopefully I can get a job teaching that grade. Right now I am a Graphic Designer
Favorite Music Genres:  I will listen to it all. In my cd collection you can find everything from Classical, to Hip Hop, to Country, its all represented in my music collection
Favorite Game Genre
: Sports, Arcade Racing
Favorite Game: Its usually any game I am playing, so right now the favorites are Indigo Prophecy, Genji, and Sonic Drift 2 on the Game Gear.

Other info: I am an Alumnus of San Diego State which had a bad 13 seconds in the Dance, but had one hell of a year. I recieved a BA in Art with an Emphasis in Graphic Design. I decided to become a teacher after college. I took a job an Computer Graphics teacher in an after school program. I enjoyed being a teacher and helping children use the computer for things other than playing games and surfing the web.

I love sports, and I manage to attend a couple of Angels, and Padres baseball games every year, as well as support SDSU athletics. I like going to Flea Markets, Garage Sales, and Thrift Stores looking for old games, and consoles. I've found some really great deals, but right now I'm looking for a Sega Saturn. I picked up a couple of games on the Saturn that I liked and now I need something to play them on.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 101 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2970 posts

Mar 20, 2006
Name:  Scott MacLean
Hometown:  Lashburn, SK Canada... town of about 800 people
Interests:  The PSU Boards of coures... video games, all sports, photoshop, hangin out with my homies
Favorite Music Genres:  mostly hip-hop/rap, like some pop punk, actually almost anything but country:smileyvery-happy:
Favorite Game Genre
:  FPS
Favorite FPS: well my fav shooter is the socom series, but for fps, either killzone, or the game im currently playing, Black, id have to say, its pretty visually stunning, and would definately like a big screen and surround sound to get a better experience
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 101 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5401 posts

Mar 21, 2006
I LOVE all that is Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, and basically all Role-playing games.  RPGs easily rank as my #1 interest ever.  Currently, my favorite RPG (also favorite game in general) is Final Fantasy X-2.

Other interests I have (besides videogames, lol) consist of computers, anime, manga, and chess.  I do enjoy doing math and basketball as well.  People call me a nerd/geek, but I don't know of too many nerds/geeks who love to play basketball and are good at it.  I guess that's one thing I have to defend myself, lol.

I'm interested in computer programming (web design with HTML, application programming, etc.), but I'm brand new to it all.  I'm currently taking an HTML course, but other than an Intro to Programming course I took a while ago, I don't have any experience.  I can't wait to learn all the programming that I can.

I also want to learn digital graphics design, and videogame design.  Videogame design is my number 1 interest for learning, as that's what I want as a profession.

My favorite country is Japan.  I love how beautiful it is there.  All the colorful details, pretty trees and flowers, beautiful temples, ponds.....I could go on and on of how much I love Japan.  I also love the language...it just feels so structured and fluent I guess.  It's also fun to speak it, because of some of the wild phrases that can really give your mouth an exercise. :smileytongue:  Another thing I like about Japan: it's videogame, movie, music (basically all media) heaven over there.  They get so many more games than we do in North America, particularly RPGs.  I love Japanese-style RPGs, but it's a shame a lot of them never make it to US.  I'd love to live in Japan someday.  I really like the music there too.  My favorite music is probably Japanese pop.  On a side note: they also have just so many cool electronic gadgets over there that makes me like Japan even more.  Basically, I like Japan because it's so beautiful over there, I love the language, people, and culture (well, some of it ), and of course, the media, consisting of videogames, anime, manga, music, and movies.

I love RPGs so much because of how much you use your brain.  With deep and emotional stories and characters, videogames can be a second life you live, a fantasy world you live in and interact and form relationships with new people you meet in those worlds.  I've come to be attached to many characters in RPGs, and the relationships I form with them makes it almost real.  I love it.  Also, I've always loved the depth and complexity of an RPG's gameplay.  Like chess and many other complex games, it makes you actively use your head in managing all the many different variables that go into an RPG.  You must manage equipment, items, your characters' conditions and healing them of certain things when needed, battle strategies, and all the abilities and moves you have at your disposal to use in the most efficient and useful way possible.  In short, nothing is more enjoyable to me than immersing myself in a complete fantasy world with a compelling and thought-provoking story with memorable characters, all while actively using your brain in some deep and fun RPG gameplay.

To put it very short, I'm a die-hard videogamer and RPGer.  All that is written above is me, minus all the passion and emotion that is impossible to express with simple text.

Message Edited by Gunner Yuna on 03-21-200611:23 AM

~ Credit to MaggIvy for making me this beautiful sig! Thanks! ~
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 101 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15381 posts

Mar 26, 2006
I'll do a brief one, modeled after Balq's post:
Name:  JDPlasma11 (No, I won't give out my real name)
Hometown:  How about home country? US
Interests: Video gaming, computers, biking, walking
Favorite Music Genres: I'm not a strict supporter of any one type of music. I like all music, except for rap.
Favorite Game Genre
:  Tough choice... I'lll give my top 3- action, platformers, and action-adventure.

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 101 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8257 posts

Mar 29, 2006

Please note: This blue font is my normal posting style, it is part of my online persona, and therefore, I am asking that you give me a little consideration while I introduce myself to your fine forum.

Hello, My Screen name here is BFrosty. I am a 32 year old gamer living in the San Francisco Bay area. I have been gaming for 25 + years now, (I still own my 1983 GCE Vectrex) and am still loving every moment of it. My interests are my wife, my friends, participating in online gaming forums, and enjoying a good horror flick. Currently, my gaming interest rests in portable gaming, enjoying games from all genre's and playing online with my clan and my many many friends. At this stage in my life, I have all the time in the world for gaming, as I am very ill as well. I am in need of a life saving kidney donation, and the hunt is ongoing for a match. Currently, I am on a form of kidney dialysis called Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal dialysis. (click my user bar for a simple animation of what that treatment is). I do this treatment 5 times a day, 7 days a week, and have been doing so now for 2 years thus far. This treatment gives life, and allows me to game away! Currently you will find me online in Socom: FTB, and soon Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror. Being ill, I rarely leave the house, and currently have all my interaction with others through online games. I do not mind this much, as this way, you never have to ask your friends to leave the house~! I hope to be able to meet many of you here, online in a game one day. Look for me in one of your favorite forums soon, if I happen to be playing an online game you enjoy, don't hesitate to come meet me for some fun and friendly games~!

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 101 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4632 posts

Jun 21, 2006
Name:  Awais
Hometown:  Lahore Pakistan
Interests:  My PS2, my family, God, Listening to Music, Playing football, 
Favorite Music Genres:  I like all music as well
Favorite Game Genre:  Action and Adventure
Favorite Action Adventure Game: Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater and Shadow of the Colossus

I love playing football and im really interested in 2k6 world cup...ummm i play vide games alot!I lvoe posting on these great forums.I love my bro.Ummm i like emin3m's rap song lyrics.i like roller coasters...Thats all i think of right now.
Want to see your name in this sig?PM me!
TheLostChild,replicant_jblac,PSPFourLife,r8man,Solid_Raiden,CJ's Girl,The Ejector,KingCold19...
Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 101 (209 Views)
0 Likes