I am having a hard time getting hits in this game. Am I the only one that finds it hard to get hits consistantly? I am getting abit tired of losing games 5-1, 2-1 or even 3-0. Anyone out there got any tips or anything about getting hits? Is it just me, or is this game known to be hard to hit on? I only play on veteran...it shouldnt be that hard. Thanks in advance.
well..you're not the only one..but u might be doing a few things wrong like i was b4..believe me i understand ur frustration..ill tell u wat i was doing wrong..also what difficulty level ure playing on? to get better honestly..i think it shuld be set to nothing lower than allstar..veteran and rookie are way too easy modes..
1. i was guessing every pitch..when u guess and guess wrong..there is a hitting penalty, meaning ur contact and timing is decresed..try and not guess every pitch..if u do guess correctly, pay attention to what u guessed right..if u guessed the pitch the corners of the strike zone will light up..if u guessed the location it will light up the location u guessed..guessing correctly gives u a bonus of course..
2. this game is very realistic..always keep the pitch count in mind..if the count is 2-0 for example..chances are u gonna get a fastball down the plate..so guess fastball and wait on it..if the count is 0-2..then chances r u gonna get a breaking pitch.like change or curve so be on the look out for that, even if u dont try and guess the pitch, just mentally prepare for a certain pitch..
3. i was also swinging at evrything..i went a few games where i always took the first pitch..it gave me a look at what the pitcher was throwing and how fast it went..also memorize how every pitch moves..this really helped my game..i know how a slider moves..so if he throws it i have an idea of where it may land..i used to swing at bad pitches and still do..dont stare at the strike zone, keep your eyes in the pitchers arm and his release point..
4. but i tell u what..what really helped was reading the strategy guide that u can access in the pause menu during a game..i suggest u read it carefully and more than once if necessary..
5. one last thing..how u use the left analog stick will determine alot..wherever u aim the left stick is where u aiming the sweet spot of the bat..i move the stick in a circle while the pitcher is winding up..but do it slowly..this way u can move the stick in the direction u see the ball heading towards..the left analog is the key to hitting well..and of course your hitter..hitting with arod is not the same as hitting with jose molina..arod's zone is much bigger..
well man. hope this helps..but read the guide its the mlb the show bible..
be patient and ull get it..
Thanks for the tips! I have only had a chance to play one game since reading your post but, I tried the things you mentioned and I think I did better. I still lost the game, but I came away with 3 runs on 10 hits at least. Thanks for the help!
I am having a hard time hitting to so right now I am only using the regular swing and not the power swing. I am trying to be more patient and not using guess pitch as well because I want to learn what each pitch looks like on my own and develop the timing and control I'm going to need in the majors. Slowly but surely I am getting better at hitting and I just had a 4 for 5 game with two doubles.
I been having trouble too, but reading this I realized my mistakes. I guess every pitch or location, and guess wrong ALOT, so, I been getting penalized...totally forgot I get penalized. So i been simply guessing location with my left stick and waiting for that pitch to come in my zone. Taking a strike if necessary. I still got work to do with my timing (I fly out...ALOT), but my strikeouts have went down tremendously.
I dont understand people who are having trouble with hitting... I played 3 games at level Hall of Fame with the Dodgers so far, I made 10 pts in the first game, 6 in the second and 18 (with 7 HR) in the 3rd... I used to play at All Star level in 09 and I had never scored 18 pts in a game... IMO, hitting is easier in 10 than 09.
I did have some issues with the pitching though... Thus I think pitching is way more difficult than hitting