Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
18 posts

Re: RttS vs. My Player

Feb 19, 2010
I don't really care what 2k does because I know what I am getting.  I don't go to 2k boards and praise our game, so I won't talk about 2k here.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 28 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
352 posts

Feb 19, 2010

trevorg234 wrote:
I don't really care what 2k does because I know what I am getting.  I don't go to 2k boards and praise our game, so I won't talk about 2k here.

Uh huh..well call it "praising" or whatever you like, but everyone here knows that i'm in no way "praising" the 2k game. That wasn't even the point of this thread. It was to see people's opinions on how they thought 2k's new "My Player" mode compares to Sony's "Road to the Show" mode. It was just something to talk about, discuss, debate, what we do here on message boards.
MLB: The Show Resume
07: Yankees - World Series Champs
08: Yankees (99-63 first place) WS Champs
09: Yankees (95-67 Wild Card) WS Champs
10: Yankees (0-0) Prediction: WS CHAMPS!
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 28 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
276 posts

Feb 19, 2010
I think this will challenge RTTS, but with a couple years time.  Seeing how NBA 2K10's My player mode has quite a few bugs I think MLB 2k10 will too, as this is the same company that makes NBA 2K, and it is also their first year with this mode.  I would bet in a couple years this two modes will be close, I may be wrong, but I would put my money on it.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 28 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
97 posts

Feb 19, 2010

trevorg234 wrote:

Tony Eusebio mocks your values.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 28 (20 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

Feb 19, 2010

i plan on getting this game and 2ks game for the 360 so i can get my baseball fix no matter what system i am on.

sidenote: three outs from a perfect game tonight, blooper up the middle.....REALLY???  lol

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 28 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
352 posts

Feb 19, 2010

DetroitTigersFan wrote:

i plan on getting this game and 2ks game for the 360 so i can get my baseball fix no matter what system i am on.

sidenote: three outs from a perfect game tonight, blooper up the middle.....REALLY???  lol

That really sucks about your perfect game, I didn't come close at all to getting one in this years game! (Can we start saying "last years game" now? =D )
MLB: The Show Resume
07: Yankees - World Series Champs
08: Yankees (99-63 first place) WS Champs
09: Yankees (95-67 Wild Card) WS Champs
10: Yankees (0-0) Prediction: WS CHAMPS!
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 28 (20 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

Feb 19, 2010

scass319 wrote:

DetroitTigersFan wrote:

That really sucks about your perfect game, I didn't come close at all to getting one in this years game! (Can we start saying "last years game" now? =D )

tonight was actually the second time i got to three outs to go for a perfect game. last time i gave up a double, this time a single that went under the second basemans glove lol.

from now on when someone says this years game, they are referring to mlb the show 2010 lol.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 28 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3621 posts

Feb 19, 2010

Looks interesting, I want to see part 2 tomorrow though before I comment. The Show still has it beat though.

Someone said they liked how they have a set list of goals. While that's nice, it isn't realistic. I think MLB should have something like that but it shouldn't be the "end all beat all" if you get called or not. I like now how you can be playing well and if there's a guy better than you in the bigs, you don't get called up...then an injury happens and you're 19 years old and seeing your first major league pitch.

Doesn't sound like 2K allows for a lot of that, seems very linear.

Now the thing that does entice me the most and where MLB is lacking is the Records. 2K, much like all-star baseball did, has records for everything. They keep all the important records, up to the top 10 for season, career and game...not to mention they do it for your team too. I'd be much more drawn into my MLB career if I could watch myself climbing up the ranks against some of the best players to have ever put on my team's uniform.

However, it seems to me MLB, due to its superior gameplay, graphics and polished mode, will still be #1 this year

Message Edited by bigdaddykraven on 02-18-2010 10:09 PM
Brandon Jackson: Web Graphic Designer
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 28 (20 Views)
Survivor
2532 posts

Feb 19, 2010

I'm interested in how Commentators refer to you as a 'top prospect' and in the fly ball mode. I love left field, so catching pop ups looks fun in the My Player mode. Minor League play sounds fun, too, but I bet it'll just be annoying once u get to MLB level.

It'll be interesting, so I'll probably try 2K10, I'm not lovin it, but I'm glad they did something new. Yes, it has flashy menu's, but wait until you create your My Player... a blocky, chunky player w/a N64 face and fat legs

MLB 10 is just so realistic that it's just real. 2K looks and plays cartoony w/gimmicky controls. 

Photobucket

Monthly Subscription for Online Multiplayer is an Xbox Policy

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 28 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2490 posts

Feb 19, 2010
It seems like almost a copy of RTTS, except easier to make it to the majors.  I'm sure the people with short attention spans will like it, but I like not knowing when I will be called up, and feeling like it is an accomplishment, not just a few quick goals I have to meet to make it up. 
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 28 (20 Views)
0 Likes