After starting with an online record of 3 wins and 2 losses. I have since lost the last seven games I've played. What I've noticed during that time, is that even though the connection indicator shows green, there is still a constant delay when I'm on the mound throwing the ball, fielding or even worse when I'm batting and the delay occurs when I press X to swing and by the time the action takes place on screen the ball in in the catcher's glove.
Anyone else having the same or similar problem?
Road To The Show needs an overhaul
First off, I like the game, I play RTTS almost exclusively and there is a lot I like, but it has some serious defects.
1) I am tired of seeing god-like AA and AAA pitchers with 5 pitches, knuckleballs, knucklecurves, etc. This is not realistic, guys with command of five pitches like some of those dudes, they would be in the majors. I think there has been one left handed knuckleballer in major league history. They also have an extremely high defalut first pitch strike ratio, and not meatball pitches either, stuff on the black, historically, first pitch strike percentage in MLB is only about 55-60%. It's statistically proven that a hitters average plummets when he is 0-1.
2) Hitting slumps are awful. As I type I have been playing an RTTS session for about 90 minutes, and about a dozen games or so. At the start, I was hitting well, then, it's like the game decided I was hitting too well and put me in slump. I am not doing anything different as far as my approach, but suddenly I'm not making the solid contact that I did when I swing at a good pitch. And this isn't the first time this has happended. Doesn't seem like it's coincedence.
3) Hit and run....fix it or junk it.
4) Baserunning camera. Fix this or at least give us the option of using the broadcast camera for baserunning. I would like to use the new basrunning controls but because the camera shift causes a sudden and undesirable change in direction, I went to classic. It's also really hard to get a read on the ball as a runner becuase of the camera action, and it's cost me a few runs as a result.
5) Fielding...again, give me an option to use broadcast. It's difficult to pick up the ball in the field because of the distance away from the plate and the angle of the camera.
6) PIckoffs, fix this. First off, the game seems unresponsive when trying to get back or when taking off on a steal. Second, again, give me an option to run, but turn leading/stealing jump off. Give me a choice to let my players attributes dictate his ability to read and react to the pitcher, but let me play coach and send out a steal sign or advance an extra base on a hit.
Well sounds like their are a lot of problems with the game play... MY trouble is I can't even get to the game play. Everytime I try to download update 1.08 an error occurs before 1% is even downloaded. I can't even get online to play a game. It did the same thing 3 weeks ago when I bought it. Tried again still doing it. PS3 update and other online games work fine.
EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED!!! What is going on here?
Hobart Bob, I have the White Sox in season mode also. Doing well, first place, 23 - 12. Is it me or have you noticed this also when playing at the Cell', any foul balls to the left NEVER hit the side of the tarp and bounce back! They just deflect like right through and go into left field. Same on the right side. I did notice when playing the Yankees any foul balls to either side would hit and bounce back like they should. This was the only series where I got beat bad and swept. Yanks swept me 3 zip and it was never close. Also curious, have you made any trades and if so, whom for whom. How are your White Sox doing?
I got one for ya. Runner on first no outs, 3rb base coach calls for a hit and run. Runner breaks for 2nd. The pitch is a PITCH OUT I don't swing. Runner is out at 2nd and I fail the hit and run!!!!!!!! after the game manager says " I don't care how you do it but put the ball in play"! How can I when the ball is 6 feet outside??!!!!!
I hate when you hit a ball off the wall and it flies off like it just hit a trampoline.
I play 3B in RTTS and when the opposition bunts I only field the ball about once in fifty plays. Most of the time it's pop up to the catch or the pitcher gets to it first.
I also can't stand how predetermined everything feels in RTTS. I was playing for the Angels and I hit a linedrive down the left field. It skipped to the wall then took one of it's crazy bounces and landed in the seats. The left fielder didn't move a single step during all this. I've hit deep fly balls that took great leaping catches to make an out but I knew I we going to be out as soon as made it to first and instead of rounding the bag I'd just stop.
Overall, I really like the game and feel it's far superior to MLB2k10. However, my biggest complaints are...
CPU seems to always know pitch location - If I'm 0 - 2 on a batter, I'm giving him a breaking ball in the dirt. No surprise, I can understand the CPU taking this pitch. At 1-2, maybe I'll give a cutter on the hands that literally hugs the strike zone border... Batter doesn't swing. At 2-2, maybe a change up that just dips under the bottom strike zone border... Batter doesn't swing. At 3-2, I'll bring in a slider that gets called ball 4 (pitch location will actually show it was in the strike zone, although close to edge), and batter obviously doesn't swing. CPU plate discipline is ridiculous.
Not only that, but the CPU will foul off 10 to 15 pitches. Literally. Come on, this is ridiculous. Striking out a batter in this game should be a trophy in itself.
Hitting is a bit of a challenge too. I don't mind pitch guessing or zone guessing... But moving the left analog stick on top of that to aim your swing is a bit much. So much is going into this that by the time the pitch leaves the pitchers hand, you just swing because otherwise you feel all this prep work has been lost. This is one area where I actually like MLB2k10 better. I like the analog stick for timing your step and swing. When you actually play baseball, you're not thinking hey, I'm going to aim my bat here when I swing. You're going to see the ball where it is, decide to swing, and then swing at it. You can also suspect that it will be a certain pitch or in a certain spot... but you're not anticipating where your bat will necessarily go. I just think this is a tedious feature. It's stupid that I have to play rookie mode to not use this feature.
The cpu defense is way too good in rtts. It seems the only way to get hits are line drives down the line, or ground balls up the middle. The outfielders casually jog and catch line drives on the warning track willie mays style with ease. And getting superb contact with perfect timing seems to mean nothing in this game. If I am batting right handed and hit an outside corner fastball with superb contact and perfect timing, that ball should go up the middle, yet somehow I yank a grounder to third base.
Get Your Portable ID!