First Son
2 posts

Re: MLB 12 The Show

Nov 9, 2011

I have a few.

-Someone else besides Joe Mauer as the cover athlete.

-Buy rights to Rawlings, Wilson, Franklin and other baseball equipment companies so we can use gloves like the A2K, or spikes like nike, or bats like Louisville Slugger.

-Allow long hair on players.

-Don't make the injuries so stupid like a player sliding feet first and he gets a broken arm. C'mon.

-Add single A teams and real Spring Training fields like Steinbrenner field.

-Make RTTS more interactive like interviews and press conferences where you get to choose what to say and give your player personality.

-More manager arguments.

-Change the announcers up for weekend games as if it's nationally televised.

-Add an umpire mode where you can be any umpire and have to make the calls. And make it first person.

That's all I got right now. I'll probably think of more.

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 70 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Nov 11, 2011

Yeah, i like these ideas for the new MLB 12 game. They would be sick on the game!

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 70 (34 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 13, 2011

I'm loving all of these suggestions. I hope SCEA and Sony will take some time to look through some of these, because they are good ideas. I also have quite a few ideas myself to add to make this game spectacular, though many have been mentioned.

Presentation:

• Rain Delays, Rain Outs (This way we could actually have some doubleheaders)
  • Retractable Roofs (Some games we can play with the roof on, some with the roof off)
  • Outside the Park shots before or after a game (Great addition, makes the game much more realistic)
  • More generic stances (Almost everyone in the Minor Leagues have the same stance)
  • More customizable tattoos (Josh Hamilton has zero tattoos)
  • More cutomized cheers (the Choo cheer in Cleveland or the Yadi cheer in St. Louis)
  • Interviews after the game with players (Yet another feature that could add realism)
  • Firework nights (This can also be put as a promotion)
  • Ballboys and Ballgirls (This really needs to be added, no game has had this before in my recent memory)
  • Announcers call more than the balls and strikes (They can have side conversations more often about players, stats, etc.)

Franchise Mode Features:

• Weekly update show (Mentioned many times before but we could actually have a review of hot players, cold players, etc.)
  • Customizable Promotions (What if I want Cliff Lee bobblehead day?)
  • More Promotions (Fireworks Night, Dollar Dog night?)
  • Make a trade screen (This way we don't have to scroll through hundreds of transactions to find one trade)
  • The ability to move your team to another city (Possibly build a new stadium, but it's not major)
  • Real people's faces instead of computerized faces (Look at Madden 12 for example)
  • Realistic Free Agent Signings (The Royals and Pirates would never sign Pujols in the offseason)
  • Add more to the player info (College, Career Stats throughout all of the years before)
  • Realistic Retirements (You think Jamie Moyer has retired yet?)

Gameplay:

• Managers given the ability to argue calls and be ejected (Something like this is realistic)
  • Ability to switch out a pitcher for a pinch hitter before he bats. (It's just a pain to not have a pinch hitter beforehand)
  • Talk more about the lineup when it is shown (Players in the lineup, stats for players, etc.)

Just a few more general ideas. Hope these are taken consideration.

-Brandon, AZ

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 70 (34 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 13, 2011

And another one. ADD THE WHEEL PLAY ON BUNTS!!! Allow the third or first baseman to charge on a bunt durring the pitch. Not after the bunt is made. And allow you to call the play as to which line the pitcher covers on bunts. In RTTS make it be called by the pitcher. If you know what the wheel play is, no need to keep reading.

For those who don't know what the wheel play is, it's when a team is expecting a bunt and the pitcher cover a line. For example, the pitcher communicates with the corner infielders like says to the third baseman that the pitcher will cover the thirdbase line which means the third baseman stays home and covers third, the first baseman charges on the first base line. Who will cover first? I'm glad you asked. The second baseman is already breaking for first as the pitch is being thrown as the shortstop covers second. Now this can also go to the third base side too. Only the first baseman stays home, pitcher covers first baseline, third baseman covers third baseline, and the shortstop breaks to cover third and shortstop covers second. I especiall like that version when there's a guy on second during the bunt.

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 70 (34 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Nov 15, 2011

MLB 12 The Show needs to add high school or college baseball season in RTTS where a player plays before getting drafted to Major League level. Plus manager & assistant coaches aguing including on handheld console needs to be available by pressing an "x", circle, square, or triangle button rapidly making the ejection bar to go up before getting ejected from the game. The muisc part of the soundtrack needs to be better quality w/ tunes everyone can enjoy. Here are some suggestions for MLB 12 The Show Soundtracks.

Alice In Chains - No Excuses

Boston - Don't Look Back or Higher Power

Chipmunk - Champion (feat. Chris Brown)

Close Your Eyes - Hope Slips Away (the World Ours To Change)

Disturbed - Run or Two Worlds

Five Finger Death Punch - Coming Down

Lil Wayne - I Like the View

Mayday Parade - I'd Rather Make Mistakes Than Nothing At All

Paramore - Singles Club or Renegade

Priestess - We Ride Tonight

Rise Against - Satellite

Styles P - How I Fly (feat. Avery Storm)

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 70 (34 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 18, 2011

Here are my thoughts after very thorough plays of the Show 2010 and 2011. These are mainly problems that have persisted from game to game.

First of all, it was almost insulting how little the announcing changed between the two games. If you're a fan of the series, you've already heard everything a thousand times, and to shell out $60 for a brand new copy and hear 75% of the same stupid one-liners and jokes was disheartening.

Biggest gripe is the way guess pitch works. When I guess low fastball and the pitch is a middle-middle mistake pitch but was aimed low, I shouldn't be popping it up 9 times out of 10, especially when I nail the timing. A way to fix that might be to make the power swing something you only use on mistake pitches. It's so frustrating to guess right and then mishit a meatball because you have no way of adjusting. So frustrating.

There should be a spring training mode that acts as a thorough tuturial. It should teach you the more complicated controls (stealing 3rd with two runners on, pickoffs, fake throws, suicide squeeze, how to cut off tricky singles to the outfield). Mostly, it should teach the player mechanics. I still have no idea how something like a pickoff move affects the pitcher/runner. Does it give him a slower jump? Does it make the pitcher more likely to throw a mistake pitch? Throw the ball away? Also included in this should be a basic positioning/fielding tutorial for each position.

Stealing a base without really high speed is incredibly frustrating. To the point that baserunning training is useless and causes me to lose points untl I have at least 60 or 70 speed.

Still have no idea what a bunch of stats do. Reaction vs. fielding, which is better? Does plate discipline do anything if I'm controlling my RTTS character? Plate vision seems to affect contact quality, which is a change from 2010. Why isn't there just a thorough explanation of these things? I think in general there are too many RTTS stats, it needs to be simplified. Why not the five tools (hitting, power, running, fielding, arm) plus durability?

Let's see some cool new stats stuff, scouting reports, for example. Or trends for the player-- like if I suck at laying off of the low curveball how about that activates a special batting practice? I know the AI pitching to me figures this out, so why not use that information in a really cool way?

Finally, I'm sick of seeing old players who aren't so great anymore slugging. Like anytime ARod comes up he absolutely mashes. He's still a good player, but he's not a roided up god anymore. Same with Jeter or Vlad or Matsui.

Thanks for reading, and I hope this actually gets read by someone who makes game design decisions.

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 70 (34 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 22, 2011

Player Appearance:

-Fix the height. (Matt Kemp was the same size as Tony Gwynn in the Show) btw Kemp is 6'3, Gwynn is 5'11

-Fix players hair style and facial hair. Basically everyone in the show has short hair except Lincecum. Thats needs to change.

-Fix weight. Some players are too big while others need to gain more weight.

-All the catchers are fat. Change that to their realistic appearance.

Stadium Appearance and Features:

-Add a broadcast booth in the stadiums. (In the show it doesn't exist)

-Fix all scoreboards. The show '11 was a start but it got old quick. (add new features to the scoreboard)

-Dodger Stadium has a "Think Blue" sign on the hill outside the stadium. (It doesn't exist in the show) that needs to be added.

-Add ball boys and bat boys. That would make it more realistic.

-Be very specific with stadium details. In every stadium, they all look the same as the show '06. Way too boring.

-Introduce players during opening day and playoffs. That would be awesome.

Jerseys and Coaches:

-Add the ability to change coaches jersey numbers. If you hire a new coach he might have a retired number or the same number as a player already on the                    team. 

-Add more coaches, like bench coach, bullpen coach, and trainers. Make them visible in the dugout.

-When a player gets hurt, have the trainer run out to check on him.

-Jerseys, add more team jerseys. Throwback and throwback old are too vague. Put more jerseys than that. Every team in mlb has many jerseys from                the  past. Make more available.

-Add the ability for coaches to argue calls. And the ability to press a button for players to argue.

-Make Coaches more involved in the game, show them calling signs.

Overall Gameplay:

-CHANGE THE ANNOUNCERS PLEASE!!!

-Fix the unearned run system. It failed in the show '11

-Show pitchers entering from the bullpen gates.

-Show coaches making a call to the bullpen from the dugout.

-Add more bullpen life, like when the team hits a homerun have them cheer or clap.

-Fix the fans in the stadiums! They are disappointing.

-Umpires need to be more lively in their calls. Make each call unique like behind the plate.

Music:

-Add more song options for situations like double play, diving catch, outfield assist, etc.

-The song editor is good. No improvement necessary.

-When a player enters the bullpen have their song playing as their running to the mound not once they get there.

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 70 (34 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 1, 2011

I would love to see a new feature in RTTS.

How about playing your Senior Year in College or just playing in the CWS then moving to the Majors. I love how EA does it in NCAA Football for the High School State Championships.

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 70 (34 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 3, 2011

I agree with winkboy. I will also suggest to have Robbie Alomar in the game cover

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 70 (34 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 22, 2011

For MLB 12 the show, please take away the bar ratings and put numbers in. The bars are so annoying, and I can never tell exactly how good they can be and their current rating. I played franchise at my friends house (he has 2k11) and the numbers make it so much easier! Please Sony, make numbers and not bars. Everything else is better about MLB, but the ratings will make me mad cuz all I do is play franchise.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 70 (34 Views)
0 Likes