Also after winning the world series faces around the field from the players

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 70 (40 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: MLB 12 The Show

Oct 23, 2011
  1. Showing excitement of fans once they catch the ball (the fans actually catch the ball)
  2. Faces around the field after winning the W.S.
  3. World Series MVP's on the cover of the show
  4. Being able to get training points easier
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 70 (40 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 24, 2011

Everyone has pretty much said it all. There isn't much more I could add except one thing:

I would very much like there to be many more 2Handed Stance options. I love how it looks hitting a homerun with a 2handed swing, but none of the stances are very cool, or how I stand at all.

Also I would like the RTTS mode to be more personal. Like, make him an aggressive, egotistical ass.  Or make him a noble, modest nice guy.  and everything in between with various combinations.  This could be showcased on their walk-ups, homeruns, interviews (if there are any interviews in the new game), etc...

I would just like to say for added effect that i would LOVE there to be tattoo options.  a lot of tattoo options!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 70 (40 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 25, 2011

All of these new ideas are great but there should be one thing that should be in the game that isnt being discussed... UPDATING ROSTERS WHILE IN FRANCHISE MODE!!!! Come on how annoying is it when when you have a franchise and there is a major trade or retirement?

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 70 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

Oct 27, 2011

I just wonder what kind of features will hit the playstation vita system since it does come out around the same this is going to realase.I'm a big fan of the show and getting Vits in Feb or aroudn tax return time. Since I travel around the US National parks .MLB the show will be a great addtion to my vita .. Can't wait for it next year.

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 70 (40 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 29, 2011

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give us the option to use MOVE controls during a regular game,and RTTS.. at least batting and pitching. If you do include the feature to play a full game with the move controller let it be in all offline game modes, not like in MLB 11 with the CO OP play where i was looking forward to playing thru franchise with a friend after learning about this feature.... but NO for some incredibly stupid reason you can only play co op in an exhibition game...POINTLESS and a tease....I BUY the show every year and have since it came out, i have 2 move controller and the ps eye ALL which i bought with the idea "how awesome itll be to play The Show with motion controls"

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 70 (40 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 29, 2011

be able to make your own team field jersey etc.

new player on cover.

RTTS be able to start in high school and move up to college with metal bats and then get to A AA AAA then majors with wood

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 70 (40 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 2, 2011

I'd like to see the developers add features like on Excel where you can easily sort by player attributes throughout the league.  Finding the players you want to target in FA and trades can be difficult with the limited sorting capabilities.  If you spend enough time on it, you can do a decent job, but it would be nice to cut the legwork out of going team by team through all the 75 to 100 players from each franchise and allowing you to sort to see who the fastest players are.  Who the most powerful or best contact hitters are in the league, etc.

Also, it'd be cool if your level of scouting influenced whether displayed player traits were accurate or not.  For example, power, contact, speed, clutch, etc. are all ratings that should be sortable by the entire league, not just by team.  It should not necessarily show you what they really are either since one person to the next could evaluate a player differently in real life. 

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 70 (40 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 5, 2011

I think they should have single A teams and you can start in College

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 70 (40 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 5, 2011

Players

• They should give players their real-life personalities. For example have Hanley Ramirez act different than Jim Thome.
  • Have managers be able to argue and let the user decide when.  Also have certain people be more likely to argue (This kind of goes along with #1 ). Example: Make Milton Bradley be more prone to ejection than Ichiro or Derek Jeter.
  • Put the tattoos on people. (I saw Crawford's) But what about Josh Hamilton? He has a ton on his arms in real life and there isn't anything on him in the game.
  • New cover person. Joe is great and the "Well Played Mauer" commercials are cool but it would be nice to have somebody else for a change.

Announcers

• Give announcers more phrases because I hear the same thing over and over and it just gets irritating. Also have them go off topic a little. In real life they are almost never completely focused on the current game. They might talk about how a player has been doing or they might talk about the trade deadline.
  • Keep Vasgersian but change the other announcers. Make it a two man booth and add someone well known like Bob Costas or Joe Buck. Then have someone on field like Ken Rosenthal.
  • Team Announcers in PS Store

Franchise

• Create-a-Stadium would be nice but I could live without it.
  • Full real coaching staffs. Don Mattingly isn't Dodgers manager in the 11 game and McGuire would be good to have as Cardinals hitting coach. That kind of stuff. Also let me fire them midseason.
  • Make free agency better. Almost nobody became a free agent in Franchise mode. Also have there be certain players that would be practically impossible to trade for such as Jeter. ( I know I have been using him a lot as an example.)
  • More specific team morale, don't just give me a bar that shows it. Tell me what is right or wrong.
  • Single A playable
  • Make rookies progress quicker than older players. (Pedroia won MVP the year after ROY. That kind of progress. And make non-rookie young players progress a little at a time.)
  • Mid-Season negotiations
  • Spring Training invitees
  • Just give it a new look. I feel like I have been playing the same franchise mode since the first MLB The Show came out.
  • Silver Slugger awards per position
  • More advanced stats
  • All-Star game cermonies and team uniforms in the All Star Game
  • Milestone celebrations
  • World Series and Opening Day Ceremonies

Stadium Look

• Put real ads in their fields. I'm not asking for the little tiny sponsors. All I'm asking for is there to be a good amount of Citi ads at Citi field, and the same for other parks.
  • Give fans signs like "Hit it Here"

RTTS

• This I could live without but would be pretty awesome but in RTTS let us change the picture to our own face like the players have them in the Majors.
  • Create a Swing/ Motion would be nice or just sort the real ones by how they look ( sidearm, leg kick, submarine)
  • Let us use the money. Get equipment stuff like that.
  • More customizable hair / facial hair
  • Post Game Interviews like in NBA 2K12

Gameplay

• During intros, mention that a player is in a slump or that they are tearing up the league.
  • Don't let an injured player make the play.
  • Don't make the players practically start walking right before they slide.
Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 70 (40 Views)
0 Likes