Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 16 2010
By: Heethan Wastelander 938 posts

MLB 10 The Show

20 replies 10 views Edited Feb 16, 2010

Is it just me or does there appear to be no real major changes to game play from 09.  The Home Run Derby is huge but I don't think it is going to be enough for me to pay for it over what I already have.  The collisions don't appear to be addressed, as well as, some of the fielding glitches in the outfield (tracking a ball and the fielder doesn't even make the attempt when he is right at the spot on the run).  I love 09 and had hopes that some of these things would change (baserunning being another thing I would have loved to see improved).

Does anyone know if these things have been addressed?  All the previews I am reading are based on some new parks, Home Run Derby, movie maker, ability to watch games in RTTS, but none of the issues I had hoped to be fixed.

Anyone heard anything about the issues I mentioned above?  So you all know, the only mode I play is RTTS.  I'm hooked to that mode and don't see any reason to play the season.

Message 1 of 21 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
97 posts

Re: MLB 10 The Show

Feb 16, 2010
you are correct. there isnt really any changes, all you are going to do is pay 60 bucks for updates rosters and slightly better graphics. enjoy that
Message 2 of 21 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2360 posts

Feb 16, 2010

Tony_Eusebio wrote:
you are correct. there isnt really any changes, all you are going to do is pay 60 bucks for updates rosters and slightly better graphics. enjoy that

Wrong. They are adding a new Online mode, Road to the Show, and Franchise updates. ALong with HR derby and some other realistic features that havnt been in previous games
Photobucket
Message 3 of 21 (10 Views)
Lombax Warrior
97 posts

Feb 17, 2010

RTTS has already been there. ZOMG catcher mode OMG LOLZ AWESOME@!!#@#@!@~!~~~!!!!!!!!!

minimal upgrades for 60 bucks. enjoy

Message 4 of 21 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2532 posts

Feb 17, 2010

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. MLB the Show still retains many of the same gameplay and that's good. It's a great game and this year it has a new Catcher mode in RTTS and an overhaul in presentation, which is good enough. Little changes is what it's all about, like the player clothes actually moving this year, and new stadiums w/real dirt n grass, a video editing mode, and a realistic presentation overhaul. Honestly, the Show is so good, that there isn't much room for improvement.

Do u expect, a gimmicky pitching system and new vibrant cartoony graphics, like MLB 2K9? Look at the 2K games series, they build a new game from scratch each year and it is buggy, awful, and not playable.

**I would like to see roster updates for current or game's however, cuz it's not really fair. At the end of the year, they just drop all support for sports games, and that's just lazy. Roster updates could keep some of us playing MLB 09 for a few more years.**

Photobucket

Monthly Subscription for Online Multiplayer is an Xbox Policy

Message 5 of 21 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
206 posts

Feb 17, 2010

Tony_Eusebio wrote:

RTTS has already been there. ZOMG catcher mode OMG LOLZ AWESOME@!!#@#@!@~!~~~!!!!!!!!!

minimal upgrades for 60 bucks. enjoy

With out a doubt worth it. Like spudnick said: New catcher mode, better graphics, smoother online play, full team leagues, better RTTS. Definatly worth the money, I'm buying it for sure without thought.

Message 6 of 21 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Feb 17, 2010
 Correct. Little details are what's going to make or break this game. As long as the RTTS is functional this year, I'm all over it.
Message 7 of 21 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2360 posts

Feb 17, 2010

Hooolmes wrote:
 Correct. Little details are what's going to make or break this game. As long as the RTTS is functional this year, I'm all over it.

Was it not last year? I thought it was great
Photobucket
Message 8 of 21 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Feb 17, 2010
If you get to a certain point in the season, and you get completely screwed over, all your hard work lost... Then no, not functional, at least in my eyes. The gameplay was solid, but that glitch ruined me more then once.
Message 9 of 21 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
366 posts

Feb 17, 2010
Yeah there was a franchise bug, an RTTS september call up bug (unfixable), major bugs in gameplay on RTTS and franchise, big franchise problems I noticed (Draft only 5 rounds long, inability to make a 4 man roster, automatic roster changes after trades no matter what, ridiculous CPU trades, players going to unrealistic teams or refusing to re-sign in obvious situations, etc..) and I'm hoping they really improve franchise this year.
RTTS (Starting Pitcher)
AA AAA MLB all for the Chicago White Sox
2009 (AA) - 8-2, 1.55 ERA, 92 K
2010 (AAA) - 13-6, 1.85 ERA, 114 K
2011 (MLB) - 14-8, 3.05 ERA, 127 K
2012 (MLB) - 18-6, 3.25 ERA, 160 K
2013 (MLB) - 13-7, 2.65 ERA, 178 K
Message 10 of 21 (10 Views)
0 Likes