Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 28 2011
By: DeadCell34 I Only Post Everything 1074 posts

Just got this and damn the RTTS mode is HARD

5 replies 10 views Edited Dec 28, 2010

I find myself constantly struggling at batting. The last two games I played I went 0-6 and 1-8. Pretty shameful. And ofcourse I never progress since my batting sucks so bad, and the fact that you get absolutely no points on defense. Why don't they have challenges on defense, I think I should be rewarded for a double play, or catching a pop fly.

I think they kinda dropped the ball on this one (no pun intented). Franchise mode is great though.

Beta tested: Resistance 2, Little Big Planet, Little Big Planet 2, Metal Gear Online, Uncharted 2, ModNation Racers, MAG, and Battle Field Bad Company 2
Deadcell34
Message 1 of 6 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13387 posts

Re: Just got this and damn the RTTS mode is HARD

Dec 28, 2010

You do get points on defense. You will see some points for putouts. It's not much though. The Show has a big learning curve. Don't guess any pitches, it's all based on timing. Once you get used to that then it's a piece of cake really. Adjust some sliders if you have to.

Message 2 of 6 (10 Views)
Splicer
90 posts

Dec 29, 2010

That happened to me when I was beginning and I turned the sliders all the way up, but when I got better I brought them back to normal. You might want to try that.

OwnedByPie Trophy Card
Message 3 of 6 (10 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1074 posts

Dec 30, 2010

I will probably have to. The game is just pissing me off. I can't seem to make good contact. It's either a infield ground-out (which usually ends up in a double play if there's a man on first), or it's a fly ball into the outfield which ends up as an out. I just can't seem to shoot the gaps.

After going hitless for 3 games in a row, I really was infuriated earlier. I get put in as a pinch hitter. I take two balls, and then lined one into the oufield for a base hit. And what do I see? "-5 Not Attempted". My stupid coach wanted me to take a strike. I found it kinda funny when I read the inbox message about it. It said that since I didn't take a strike, the team was worse off for it. How so? I break my 3 game hitless streak and get chewed for it. If this is what playing professional baseball is like then thank God I don't haha (which, I don't have the talent anyway).

BTW, I didn't curse before the word "coach". I said $tupid. Man this new forum is picky.

Beta tested: Resistance 2, Little Big Planet, Little Big Planet 2, Metal Gear Online, Uncharted 2, ModNation Racers, MAG, and Battle Field Bad Company 2
Deadcell34
Message 4 of 6 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13387 posts

Dec 31, 2010

Don't even worry about what the coaches tell you if you fail a goal. No matter what position you play or what team you play for all the managers are like that. Once you get used to the game(it takes awhile to get the timing down of the pitches) then they will tell you that you're the best thing since Willie Mays. It sucks to be benched early in a career for failing goals but by your third year or so all that stuff will be an afterthough.

Message 5 of 6 (10 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1074 posts

Dec 31, 2010

Thanks. I've been improving some since I realized I could use the left stick to control the bat. I don't think I've grounded out in about 4 games.

Deadcell34
Message 6 of 6 (10 Views)
0 Likes