Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 27 2008
By: shalston~ First Son 2 posts

Is this a bug? 2 Player mode, no pitch Power Meter...

3 replies 2 views Edited May 27, 2008

Hi, 

I've recently bought MLB 08, and played 2 player at the weekend.  We noticed this...."When in two player mode, if the batter (player 1) correctly guesses the pitch (either pitch type or location), the pitcher (player 2) doesn't get the Power Meter appear, and it seems to picth the ball at 100% towards where the ball icon was set to.  Every pitch can then normally be left, and it goes for a ball"

Has anyone else seen this?

Cheers. 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (2 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Is this a bug? 2 Player mode, no pitch Power Meter...

May 27, 2008

Forgot to mention...running on PS3.

Ta. 

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (2 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

May 31, 2008
that's the batter's "reward" for guessing the pitch.  but it'll only be a ball if you were aiming for a ball.  if you were aiming for a strike and the batter guessed it, it should still be a strike.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (2 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1056 posts

May 31, 2008

I believe once the meter disappears, you can still "pretend" its there and pitch as if you would with the max points and release points all in your memory...

IF you're good at this, you can still deliver a solid pitch and make it difficult for the batter. 

OR if you really want to be cheesy, just screw up the pitch on purpose and watch your friend cream himself thinking hes got a meatball figured out and watch him chase it WAY outside!

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (2 Views)
0 Likes